Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Thank god Iam not watching it haha..still time for one of our famous comebacks

yeah mate its not one of our usual undeserved or slight leads It really has been an absolute wave after wave job. Adomah got 1 shot on target (tame from 20+ yards) 75% possesion and a good amount of that in the final third. Do yourself a favour and dont watch it later :eek::)

yeah mate its not one of our usual undeserved or slight leads It really has been an absolute wave after wave job. Adomah got 1 shot on target (tame from 20+ yards) 75% possesion and a good amount of that in the final third. Do yourself a favour and dont watch it later :eek::)

Oh well we did well to get to this point Atleast it's been a entertaining game for you lot and no injuries as of yet which is the main thing...I'll avoid watching at all costs now

Oh well we did well to get to this point Atleast it's been a entertaining game for you lot and no injuries as of yet which is the main thing...I'll avoid watching at all costs now

yeah at least you have played well and fair and let us continue on without crippling us an d vice versa. Hope you lot can carry on in the league and we can have a couple of rematches next season :)

yeah at least you have played well and fair and let us continue on without crippling us an d vice versa. Hope you lot can carry on in the league and we can have a couple of rematches next season :)

Wish we had had a few more cards though ha had £40 on over 4 cards:(,

Hopefully we do have a few matches next year they are normally good games we used to get nicknamed the mini arsenal

A month today until I fly out to Monaco :P beginning to get excited for it now' date=' just hope we take a good lead out with us.[/quote']

I picture you on a luxury yacht with a bunch of babes, eating crayfish and getting suncreen rubbed into your back by Miss Universe France.

In which case can i come?

No it won't. I don't understand why Liverpool were no.1 and we were number 2? Its usually in alphabetical order. As number 1 was drawn out first I thought we had a home tie. :mad:

The draw was clearly rigged!

Round 3 the numbers are Alphabetical and from Round 4 its worked out on how they were drawn out of the hat in the previous round.

For example Arsenal were 1st out in Round 3 against Hull, so Ball 1 in Round 4 would be Arsenal/Hull. As Crystal Palace vs Liverpool/Bolton was the first tie drawn out in the 5th Round they were Ball 1 in the Q/F draw.

I am so glad we ended the trophy drought last year. so when we play United on march so l can watch the game with little hope.

Not matter how bad united play when Arsenal game cames along they all turn up so my expectation for that game is very low. and don't forget the curse of old trafford. but then again it football anything can happen

Round 3 the numbers are Alphabetical and from Round 4 its worked out on how they were drawn out of the hat in the previous round.

For example Arsenal were 1st out in Round 3 against Hull' date=' so Ball 1 in Round 4 would be Arsenal/Hull. As Crystal Palace vs Liverpool/Bolton was the first tie drawn out in the 5th Round they were Ball 1 in the Q/F draw.[/quote']

Thanks for clearing it up. :o

Atletico are sniffing at Santi Cazorla. They want to bring him back to Spain in the summer. With his contract expiring the following summer they're confident they can bring him in apparently. Hopefully theres nothing to it.

No it won't. I don't understand why Liverpool were no.1 and we were number 2? Its usually in alphabetical order. As number 1 was drawn out first I thought we had a home tie. :mad:

The draw was clearly rigged!

Are you being serious???

Just because you ain't drawn at home for once in a blue moon don't mean it is rigged....

Besides United are hardly in sparkling form are they.....this ain't the class of 99 or the 2008 vintage you will be facing.

If I were an Arsenal fan I wouldn't be losing any sleep over that draw.

It must be nice being a United fan. If your job goes up in smoke, there's always a career in being an extra for the next Planet of the Apes remake.

Law of averages surely says we'll beat them. Don't even bother playing a holding midfielder, let's turn it into an attack versus attack game. All right they've got decent forwards but that defence is begging to be attacked. I'd have enough faith in our back line to stop enough of their attacks.

Team i'd want barring injuries;

Ospina Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Gibbs (only for his pace and nothing else) Ozil Rosicky Cazorla Walcott Sanchez Welbeck

Just hit em with pace. And get at that giraffe, Smalling. He's about as mobile as Mertesacker on valium. Charrrrrrrrrrrrrrge.

It must be nice being a United fan. If your job goes up in smoke' date=' there's always a career in being an extra for the next Planet of the Apes remake.

Law of averages surely says we'll beat them. Don't even bother playing a holding midfielder, let's turn it into an attack versus attack game. All right they've got decent forwards but that defence is begging to be attacked. I'd have enough faith in our back line to stop enough of their attacks.

Team i'd want barring injuries;

Ospina Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Gibbs (only for his pace and nothing else) Ozil Rosicky Cazorla Walcott Sanchez Welbeck

Just hit em with pace. And get at that giraffe, Smalling. He's about as mobile as Mertesacker on valium. Charrrrrrrrrrrrrrge.[/quote']

If my memory serves me correctly, the last time you beat United at Old Trafford was 9 years ago. Even Moyes managed to secure a win, which definitely says something. United should be a walk in the park to Arsenal:rolleyes:

Id rather Giroud play instead of Welbeck, purely because of how bad United are at set peices and crosses.

Also no DM? Coquelin has to play. Even though they are playing badly still need to stop Rooney and Di Maria.

Ospina, Bellerin, Gabriel, Kosc, Gibbs : Cazorla, Coquelin, Ozil/Rosicky : Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez

Agreed with the other comment about going all attack and abandon the defensive minded against United.

You can play without Defensive Midfielder if all your attacking player put an excellent and constant pressure when United's player got the ball.

The key is just let them keeping the ball between the less dangerous players; like what you pulled against City recently - let Fernandinho and Fernando have the ball and time in the world, but constant pressure on Silva, Kun, Milner etc.

I'd rather Welbeck over Walcott at the moment. Sure he scores the odd goal' date=' but he offers absolutely nothing for 90 minutes, especially defensively.[/quote']

Well, he does offer a liability, defensively I mean. It's not precisely nothing at all.