Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

They need a manager who is willing to do the unpredictable and ahy away from their plan A. Wenger is just too damn obvious. This tonight was a perfect example of why you never win big games.

I get what you're saying but I disagree. Plan A should've been enough to win this game. But it wasn't executed well enough. We were just dreadful.

The only 11 that seems to deliver consistent performances is the 11 that played at City with maybe Walcott and Rosicky interchanging with Ox. Players outside of that should be left out.

Oh for goodness sake. Must win my arse. What the hells top four gonna do for goodness sake? More of this crap next season against an even poorer opponent is what will happen. I'm sick of watching this car crash stuff' date=' Something has to give. Fourth means nothing anymore, nothing. [b']WENGER OUT[/b]

Well I want to see you say wenger out when we win games too not just when we lose

Wenger trust his players bit too much to try to turn that 2 goal down until it was too late.

He supposed to address issues at hand, but he didn't, instead he bring out the only players protecting the back four and give more space for Monaco's players to counter.

The second leg would be interesting; reckon Monaco would keep playing like last night and Arsenal would need to go full attack from get go but in the same time not getting caught in the counter attack, again.

You lot are in desperate need of change and fast. Wenger must go in the summer, it's time for a change. He has had his time with the club and it's not going anywhere at this current point. No doubt, he has bought some world class players over his time with the club.

I'm starting to feel for the fans. Arsenal has plenty of top quality players who should be winning more matches and winning more trophies. Any talk of top four is rubbish, arsenal should be challenging for the title now or if not second spot at least.

Wenger has had his time, it's time to move on.Names that come to mind are Rafa Benitez and Klopp.

You lot are in desperate need of change and fast. Wenger must go in the summer' date=' it's time for a change. He has had his time with the club and it's not going anywhere at this current point. No doubt, he has bought some world class players over his time with the club.

I'm starting to feel for the fans. Arsenal has plenty of top quality players who should be winning more matches and winning more trophies. Any talk of top four is rubbish, arsenal should be challenging for the title now or if not second spot at least.

Wenger has had his time, it's time to move on.Names that come to mind are Rafa Benitez and Klopp. [/i']

Rafa is crap, you take him!

Rafa is crap' date=' you take him![/quote']

His record clearly shows he aint though....

Brilliant at Valencia, remarkable job overall at Liverpool, done a really good job at Chelsea which he was never really fully appreciated for and has done pretty well for Napoli...

Everywhere he goes he wins trophies and I can guarentee what happened last night to Arsenal would never happen if Rafa was in charge...

Well I want to see you say wenger out when we win games too not just when we lose

I think repeatedly saying it for 7 years probably earns me the right to say it after one defeat.

It isn't the losing that grates, it's the demeanour of the players, the lack of application and bottle. It is genuinely quite frightening. I think most of us are big enough to handle disappointments but i think we've tolerated enough over the last 8 years to at least expect effort and work rate and for certain individuals to not start laughing when you're you 2 zip down and you've just buggered up a major chance. Won't name names.

You'll beat Everton at the weekend and win but go out gloriously at Monaco everything will be great again. It's pathetic. No one within the club or fans of the club can say anything negative about Wenger because of his previous record until about 2005/6 but yet the last eight years have been completely overlooked. By the same logic Chris Coleman and Alan Curbishley are good managers. It's ridiculous to judge a manager on the years of his career from nearly a decade ago and discount anything since however bad it's been.

I get what you're saying but I disagree. Plan A should've been enough to win this game. But it wasn't executed well enough. We were just dreadful.

The only 11 that seems to deliver consistent performances is the 11 that played at City with maybe Walcott and Rosicky interchanging with Ox. Players outside of that should be left out.

Im not talking a plan A for the Monaco game... He just has a plan A, doesnt matter what team hes playing. He needs different approaches to different games but he only has one approach to every game. He seems like a right girl as well, imagine Fergie in charge of United And them coming in at half time after that first half performance.

You'll beat Everton at the weekend and win but go out gloriously at Monaco everything will be great again. It's pathetic. No one within the club or fans of the club can say anything negative about Wenger] because of his previous record until about 2005/6 but yet the last eight years have been completely overlooked. By the same logic Chris Coleman and Alan Curbishley are good managers. It's ridiculous to judge a manager on the years of his career from nearly a decade ago and discount anything since however bad it's been.

You're an idiot. Go back to your hiatus.

You're an idiot. Go back to your hiatus.

I think he's on your side though, if i've taken it correctly i'm sure he's criticising the idea that nobody can say anything bad about Wenger because of his record, when really on recent evidence he should be criticised.

Brilliant at Valencia' date=' remarkable job overall at Liverpool, done a really good job at Chelsea which he was never really fully appreciated for and has done pretty well for Napoli...

Everywhere he goes he wins trophies and [b']I can guarentee what happened last night to Arsenal would never happen if Rafa was in charge...[/b]

Yh it probably wouldn't cause we'd be out by the group stages!

Yh it probably wouldn't cause we'd be out by the group stages!

Yeh because if we compare Rafa's record to Wenger's in Europe's top competitions it's really close :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wenger can't get anywhere close to Rafa's record in Europe.

Benitez has proven time and time again when it comes to European football he is one of the very very top managers around.

Yeh because if we compare Rafa's record to Wenger's in Europe's top competitions it's really close :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wenger can't get anywhere close to Rafa's record in Europe.

Benitez has proven time and time again when it comes to European football he is one of the very very top managers around.

Oh gosh your talking about the past again :rolleyes:

Let's look at Rafa's recent record. Rafa failed with Napoli in the UEFA Champions League Play Offs this season. Getting knocked out to freaking Athletic Bilbao who have been abysmal this season. And that's something Wenger would never do at least he gets us to the group stages and the knockouts. Is that good enough? No, but don't tell me Rafa Benitez is the answer for what he's done years ago.

Oh gosh your talking about the past again :rolleyes:

Let's look at Rafa's recent record. Rafa failed with Napoli in the UEFA Champions League Play Offs this season. Getting knocked out to freaking Athletic Bilbao who have been abysmal this season. And that's something Wenger would never do at least he gets us to the group stages and the knockouts. Is that good enough? No' date=' but don't tell me Rafa Benitez is the answer for what he's done years ago.[/quote']

My God your deluded...

So he lost one game to Bilbao and suddenly he is inept, my God you really are deluded.

Rafa has won a European Cup, Super Cup, Two UEFA Cups, two more C-League S/finals

Yeh Wenger can match his record :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What else are you supposed to judge managers on of course ere record counts, if it didn't and you didn't factor in past achievements Wenger would have been gone years ago, he is living off his past more than any manager known to man...

Deluded, Rafa has proven time and time again he is up there with the best tacticians in Europe and done it with squads worse than Arsenal's....

If you wanna try and run Rafa down and it makes you feel better about your own failings than power to you.

I can GUARENTEE If Rafa was in charge of Arsenal that kind of Tactical naivety would never ever have happened.

My God your deluded...

So he lost one game to Bilbao and suddenly he is inept' date=' my God you really are deluded.

Rafa has won a European Cup, Super Cup, Two UEFA Cups, two more C-League S/finals

What else are you supposed to judge managers on of course ere record counts, if it didn't and you didn't factor in past achievements Wenger would have been gone years ago, he is living off his past more than any manager known to man...

Deluded, Rafa has proven time and time again he is up there with the best tacticians in Europe and done it with squads worse than Arsenal's....

If you wanna try and run Rafa down and it makes you feel better about your own failings than power to you.

I can GUARENTEE If Rafa was in charge of Arsenal that kind of Tactical naivety would never ever have happened.[/quote']

Rafa definitely lost it while he was managing Liverpool.

My God your deluded...

So he lost one game to Bilbao and suddenly he is inept' date=' my God you really are deluded.

I can GUARENTEE If Rafa was in charge of Arsenal that kind of Tactical naivety would never ever have happened.[/quote']

Calm down. It seems your always looking for an argument.

How on earth am I deluded?

"Make me feel better about my own failings?" What are you talking about? Stop making up stories. Has Rafa got you no the payroll, your taking it way too personally.

By the way it's not just one game he failed at the group stages last season to. Who finished ahead of them? Oh that's right Arsenal. So last 2 seasons he hasn't done it. That's enough for me personally not to go for him. You keep repeating he's done it "time and time again' clearly he hasn't! He is also living off his past.

And so what if it's one game anyway. If Liverpool lost to AC Milan in the final in 2005 he would have no European Cups. Thats one game to. Also the reaction to Wenger is because of the Monaco game; thats one game.

By the way please remain calm in your response, don't see the point in being offensive. It's a Friday cheer up!

Calm down. It seems your always looking for an argument.

How on earth am I deluded?

"Make me feel better about my own failings?" What are you talking about? Stop making up stories. Has Rafa got you no the payroll' date=' your taking it way too personally.

By the way it's not just one game he failed at the group stages last season to. Who finished ahead of them? Oh that's right Arsenal. So last 2 seasons he hasn't done it. That's enough for me personally not to go for him. You keep repeating he's done it "time and time again' clearly he hasn't! He is also living off his past.

And so what if it's one game anyway. If Liverpool lost to AC Milan in the final in 2005 he would have no European Cups. Thats one game to. Also the reaction to Wenger is because of the Monaco game; thats one game.

By the way please remain calm in your response, don't see the point in being offensive. It's a Friday cheer up![/quote']

Fern is the only one out of all of you to be realistic in your future endeavours.

Another point I'd like to make is (this isn't the reason why we lost) but I said at the time Podolski shouldn't have been let go. His record of scoring in the champions league for us is impressive and I could have imagined him scoring against Monaco. He would've buried some of the chances that fell to our other forwards.

Brilliant at Valencia' date=' remarkable job overall at Liverpool, done a really good job at Chelsea which he was never really fully appreciated for and has done pretty well for Napoli...

Everywhere he goes he wins trophies and[b'] I can guarentee what happened last night to Arsenal would never happen if Rafa was in charge[/b]...

Wow okay then Ray! haha