Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

It was a cross coming in from wide left so Bellerin wasn't a factor at all. I wouldn't blame anyone for the goal as it was a pin point ball in' date=' it happens. It was the only one we didn't deal with all night. The only one issue that came out of last night was the idiot in goal.[/quote']

Watch it again, Mertesacker is deep because Fellaini is back post against Bellarin.

So i watched the game "live" just now managing to dodge teh news, facebook and talking to any non workmates (and the one that watches football i literally walked in the door said good morning and DO NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT THE CUP).

AMAZZZZZZINNGGGGG! Gotta love beating the once great United at OT. Fair play they aint nothing on say 3-5 years ago but to go there and win is still a big big acheivement for any club and especially for us who have a bad record.

Oliver was very very good. Di Maria diving all over the place and i could not believe he actually booked him, as no one never has the nads. I was so stoked to see him take charge like that and then Di Maria has a brain fart and gets sent off FTW.

Only poor booking was Januzaj, tbf not really a dive as he didnt appeal or roll around lad just had a fail and fell over. Monreal was MotM by a mile. Even without the goal he was the perfect balance of attack and defence down the left. Great composure for the goal (which he basically set up) and won lots fo challenges and some great defending. Thought Ozil was back to playing like someone who could be first 11. Still needs to grow a pair near the box and/or work on shooting, but a few times when he lost it he charged like a demon and won back or hassled instead of having a wee little rest.

De Gea save againt Cazorla!!!! i dont watch United outside of Vs Arsenal, and i know he is good but that is a save most world class keepers wouldnt have got, he stretched incredibly quick, i honestly was dumbfounded he got that far in such little reaction time.. Well played.

Pumped to be going back to wembley. Really hope Pool lose, If they do we should be able to wlk on in, but we all know how that goes (thinking Birmingham League cup right about now). Would love to face Reading, as the Bantams are just doing so well and i dont want to crush that run or worse lose, and Blackburn still give me nightmares after Kazim-richards. Villa, whilst having a garbo year, are still a cut above all left except pool.

Not at all confident today.

Arsenal are the better team' date=' they might not have as many big names, but they are playing better.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on a 2-1 win to Arsenal, with an early goal from Arsenal.[/quote']

I hope you put money on it.

Also in my previous post i spoke of teams didnt see the draw yet.. I really hope we get reading i think if Bradford make a semi the momentum might just be too much!

I hope you put money on it.

Also in my previous post i spoke of teams didnt see the draw yet.. I really hope we get reading i think if Bradford make a semi the momentum might just be too much!

Your hoping for Reading? You serious? Reading is the sort of team you lot would choke over in a FA Cup tie.

I actually hope you get Reading also' date=' it would pretty much end your run, let's see.[/color']

Your hoping for Reading? You serious? Reading is the sort of team you lot would choke over in a FA Cup tie.

I actually hope you get Reading also' date=' it would pretty much end your run, let's see.[/color']

oh and im supposed to hope for a PL team in Villa or Pool? or Blackburn who are a better side and knocked us out in recent memory? Only team on Paper worse than Reading is probably Bradford and they beat us before and are on a fiarytale run.

You are a moron.

So what your saying is if we get Reading at Wembley then they will beat us no doubt about it?

Have you seen Reading this season? they are very much hit and miss.

It's not impossible as it is the FA Cup and shocks do happen but please wind your neck in saying they will end our run, like Man Utd were supposed to according to you :rolleyes:

Actually carry on as whatever you say the opposite happens and its more egg on face for you as usual.

Wow this guy is annoying! :P:rolleyes:

relax we are not underestimating anybody no more after that defeat to monaco. we have to take everybody seriously.

So what your saying is if we get Reading at Wembley then they will beat us no doubt about it?

Have you seen Reading this season? they are very much hit and miss.

It's not impossible as it is the FA Cup and shocks do happen but please wind your neck in saying they will end our run' date=' like Man Utd were supposed to according to you :rolleyes:

Actually carry on as whatever you say the opposite happens and its more egg on face for you as usual.[/quote']

It is highly unlikely he has even seen Man United this season so there is more chance of him stringing together a coherent sentence than there is of him seeing Reading.

Actually scrap that he will never string a coherent sentence together.

I'm just glad we didn't get MK Dons.

I think you'll find the moron from outta space may have a point. Reading, when they were in the Premier League lost every single game to us, not to mention fell apart in spectacular fashion in the league cup. On the other, in the early 2000s, we lost once and drew the other at Valley Parade and lost the game after the 7-5 to Bradford. So, when I say Tony may have a point, I actually mean he is a complete and utter ball bag.

been decent and servicable. wouldnt go as far as terrific' date=' but is actually justifying first team selection since he got back.[/quote']

You're right, maybe terrific is a bit of a stretch.

Terrific compared to the rut the was in though :D