Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I doubt it' date=' footballers these days only care about money.[/quote']

Well we should clarify a bit...not everyone cares about money. Walcott only cares about money though, as do some others. These guys tend to be quite notable -- guys who move to big clubs too fast, guys who forgo better growth opportunities to sit on the benches and play in the reserves of big clubs...

But best not to be unfair to the many players who care a lot about winning, improvement, and being the best players they can be. The money is always nice, but many of the intelligent ones have figured out that it's not all about the money.

Well we should clarify a bit...not everyone cares about money. Walcott only cares about money though' date=' as do some others. These guys tend to be quite notable -- guys who move to big clubs too fast, guys who forgo better growth opportunities to sit on the benches and play in the reserves of big clubs...

But best not to be unfair to the many players who care a lot about winning, improvement, and being the best players they can be. The money is always nice, but many of the intelligent ones have figured out that it's not all about the money.[/quote']

I get what you're saying.

Sometimes players make bad career choices because of their agents, for instance.

As far as I'm concerned, if he's hoping for more money he can do one, head over to the Scousers for all I care.

He doesn't look like he's getting a sniff near a regular first team slot and I'll be honest, the Ox looks ten times the player he is at the moment. Whether or not he's still getting over his injury or not I don't know. He's not deserving of the money he's on at the moment (many will argue whether any footballer is deserving of his pay but that's beyond the point) let alone a pay rise.

Don't get me wrong, I'd want him to stay, but if he's looking for more cash I'm sure we can shift him for a decent amount and bring in someone more than capable of replacing him.

I get what you're saying.

Sometimes players make bad career choices because of their agents' date=' for instance.[/quote']

Agents just tap into the parts of personalities already present in that person. They're not creating it out of nothing...:)

Just watched the game 'live'.

Cannot beleive how much of a two-halfer it was. If not for Ramsey playing like a moron getting in Girouds way, forgetting how to shoot and welbeck lacking ideas when through mcould have been out of sight at half time.. How did Sanchez not get an assist for the 3-4 epic chace creations in a 10-15minute spell.

Cue second half where the only player we had was Coquelin it seemed. Newcastle just destroyed it second half and we nearly paid the price for not converting opportunities when we are dominant. Was refreshing to see no yellow. The only one i thought should have been was the Cabella tackle on Coquelin early on. Reasonably good referring performace which is nice.

Giroud, Coquelin and Sanchez the standouts for me. Everyone else was in the average zone except Ramsey who was woeful tonight and maybe Cazorla who just looked knackered might need a rest.

I love your persistence to avoid social media or news outlets Cam. I don't have that much of a strong will :P

Yeah no FB since Kick Off for me. only a CD in the Car radio. no news outlets. In Australia its not such a mainstream sport so luckily no one at my office follows it, and my mate know not to even bring it up unless i do first. B)

Yeah no FB since Kick Off for me. only a CD in the Car radio. no news outlets. In Australia its not such a mainstream sport so luckily no one at my office follows it' date=' and my mate know not to even bring it up unless i do first. B)[/quote']

Its like that for me with NBA where hardly anyone i know follows it so i can watch the download at anytime 'live' haha.

With big football games or United games though i have to turn off my phone and computer and lock myself in a room to avoid finding out any results lol

Its like that for me with NBA where hardly anyone i know follows it so i can watch the download at anytime 'live' haha.

With big football games or United games though i have to turn off my phone and computer and lock myself in a room to avoid finding out any results lol

Yeah its the same here with the AFL. luckiy thats on at a 'Normal" time as i live in the same country and such so if i wan to watch it usually not too bad. If i miss it though you cant not hear it on the radio, Television or some blokes mouth, especially if it was a close/good game. :rolleyes:

No way should Walcott leave. Walcott is a goal scorer for us down the wing, another good finisher in the team and he can bring us 10+ goals a season easy, which is something Chamberlain cant do. I hope we can get a new deal with him cause he is only 26 as well.

No way should Walcott leave. Walcott is a goal scorer for us down the wing' date=' another good finisher in the team and he can bring us 10+ goals a season easy, which is something Chamberlain cant do. I hope we can get a new deal with him cause he is only 26 as well.[/quote']

He only had a good season with 10+ goals, sorry but you are clearly overestimating his ability.

He's 26 years old, half of his career just passed, and what have he done till now? Sure Van Persie only started banging goals like a boss at 26+, but i just don't see it happening for Walcott, when most of the people even forgot he existed after 2 years of practically non-existence. Sell him for a big fee to your biggest contributor Man City like you did half of your players in recent years, and use your money wisely.

Get rid of Wilshere to City for silly money, then get a proper midfielder to form a partnership with Coquelin - Newcastle's Sissoko, or PSG's Matuidi.

Walcott is a dangerous weapon when fit. But I'd put Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanchez and Ozil all ahead of him.

Giroud

Cazorla-Ramsey-Sanchez

Coquelin-Sissoko/Matuidi

If Sterling goes to Citeh for big money then we could see Walcott replace him at Liverpool but we all know Liverpool love to pay over the odds for English talent too.

He is entering his final 18 months so I think we will see a sale in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Thing is Sanchez and Welbeck are now ahead of him in team selection and then you have The Ox out there too. In my honest opinion Walcott will move on this summer.

Shipping out Walcott and Ozil could really open the doors for 2 really good and consistent players.

Dont see the need to sell Ozil.

Hes not been as bad as many make out. For some reason people are expecting im to score loads of goals, dribble past 3-4 players etc.

He has great movement off the ball, his passing is good and work rate is impoving alot.

If you want the club to improve then you keep him. We have enough money to sign 2-3 very good players without even selling.

I like Walcott, but im not too fussed if he leaves. He is probably more wasteful than Welbeck. Rather sell and get someone like Lacazette/Benzema if available.

He only had a good season with 10+ goals' date=' sorry but you are clearly overestimating his ability.

He's 26 years old, half of his career just passed, and what have he done till now? Sure Van Persie only started banging goals like a boss at 26+, but i just don't see it happening for Walcott, when most of the people even forgot he existed after 2 years of practically non-existence. Sell him for a big fee to your biggest contributor Man City like you did half of your players in recent years, and use your money wisely.[/quote']

Every season before his injuries, he got better with goalscoring output. Now hes back and needs regular game time and he will do well. If we sell him to Man City, it will only be another case of us selling a star to Man City, forget that, we cant leave any room for that.

Flogging jack wouldn't be a bad idea he has really bad injuries and can make a impact but for a decent price it would be a good deal get a decent midfielder in to replace him wenger likes to spend a bit now and would need to replace jack so who would be buy? I would stick my neck out and say if you got 20m for jack he would add the extra and go for Verratti or someone of equal quality and age

Every season before his injuries' date=' he got better with goalscoring output. Now hes back and needs regular game time and he will do well. If we sell him to Man City, it will only be another case of us selling a star to Man City, forget that, we cant leave any room for that.[/quote']

Well, you didn't do too bad offloading all those players to city. IMO, the only that really had major quality was Nasri, but he's atitude is rubbish so you were better off.

But that precisely the problem, he can't stay fit, if he does i believe he can be an asset. But Arsenal is the club with the worse injury problems in the last couple of years that i can remember, and that is problaby because of really bad medical team. Do you really think he'll stay fit for long?

I think wilshere deserves more time. He needs a year or 2 and then to establish himself in the postions left by Cazorla and to a lesser extent and more his play style, Rosicky. If he can learn in the next year or 2 and take a hold in that midfield he could be very useful yet.

Walcott for me, for a very nice English tranfer me is a no brainer. I love him truly do, been at Arsenal for near as long as i remember being a young lad. But he is an impact player. If he would take a pay cut and be 3rd choice winger/2nd choice RW behind Sanchez (and i guess Ozil LAM not that wally plays that side) and Welbz in rotation he would be great to keep. But he wants first choice, i dont think he will/should get it, his wages are high and so if a silly bid comes in like 20M+ i think it should be considered if not taken.