Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

What a drab game. we were bang awful and created next to nothing. Really boring game to watch. Still the old addage of Getting points when youre not playing well applies. A scrappy goal and a clean sheet and we get 3 points from a bad performance.

no idea ho MoTM would be.... Ramsey scored but was average otherwise, Probably Koscielny.

MOTM is without doubt Coquelin. His improvement is nothing short of remarkable.

It is indeed, but id say today was his 'worst' performance, and not becasue there was anything wrong with it buy becasue despite being drab we had a lions share of possession and Coquelin was really unnecessary today, which imo is always a handy position to be in.

It is indeed' date=' but id say today was his 'worst' performance, and not becasue there was anything wrong with it buy becasue despite being drab we had a lions share of possession and Coquelin was really unnecessary today, which imo is always a handy position to be in.[/quote']

His interception led to the goal, which has happened with him a few times recently.

It wasnt the best to watch but those type of performances we use to lose. Atleast we managed to grind the win out. Chelsea get praised in the media for doing that.

Id prefer a City win tomorrow, but doesnt really matter what the result is.

Re: Riferimento: Official Arsenal Thread

Nice Arsenal! Go to 2nd position!:):) but' date=' next year, ARSENAL ROAD TO CHAMPIONS FINAL , AND WIN!:D:D[/quote']

It depends on summer signings. We still need another top CB (Per as a back up, or for the smaller games), another DM (Either an improvement on Coquelin or a backup incase he gets injured) and another world class striker.

Were certainly going in the right direction. The depth is very good and we have many options, just add a bit to it and keep players fit and we can challenge next season.

It depends on summer signings. We still need another top CB (Per as a back up' date=' or for the smaller games), another DM (Either an improvement on Coquelin or a backup incase he gets injured) and another world class striker.

[b']Were certainly going in the right direction. The depth is very good and we have many options, just add a bit to it and keep players fit and we can challenge next season[/b].

Just to let you know liverpool and fans said the same thing last year for me when it cames to Arsenal l will suggest lower your expectations

Just to let you know liverpool and fans said the same thing last year for me when it cames to Arsenal l will suggest lower your expectations

Or you could be optimistic for once. It's no coincidence that now we've got a full squad fit and a player that is willing to sacrifice his ego to sit deep and do the dirty work that we are now grinding out wins and getting consistent results.

Slowly, we are moving in the right direction.

That was there first season though were they actually challenged (And then did what we used to do and sell the star player).

We were top most of last season (Won a trophy). A top 3 looks very realistic this season (And favorites for another FA cup) and the best squad we've had since the 03/04 season. Add to that a big budget to spend in the summer (and looking like we can keep our best players now) its hard not to get excited.

I'm very glad Wenger proved me wrong recently, like MaoM says there are lots of reasons to be excited for next season. I'm not expecting Arsenal to be certain champions but a top three finish at least, the club now has the resources for that so it's reasonable for us fans to expect it, and I would love Wenger to be the man who returns Arsenal to the level of ten years ago.

The matches agains Chelsea and MU will I hope be proof that Arsenal is strong and stable again.

I'd be delighted if we go on to secure 2nd in the league and another FA Cup trophy that is our realistic target.

If Chelsea beat United Saturday lunchtime at the Bridge it would mean we would stay second without kicking a PL ball this weekend which will be another boost of confidence going into the Chelsea game at the Emirates.

If we can take 3 points off Chelsea it could possibly mean we could afford a loss at Old Trafford if the worst came to it and still finish 2nd by winning our remaining games.

We will have a game in hand right up until the final week of the season when we face Sunderland at the Emirates.

All in all finish above both Manchester Clubs and a FA Cup and I will be happy we can go on and build on this team for next season.

With Chelsea having no costa or remy I would hope they lose to both United and us. Almost two points dropped versus qpr. I feel like Palace and Liverpool could make them drop more points. I'm still hanging on for first.

If Fabregas or Matic gets booked in United game, they will miss the Arsenal clash unless after the United game they scrap the 10 yellow card rule

With Chelsea having no costa or remy I would hope they lose to both United and us. Almost two points dropped versus qpr. I feel like Palace and Liverpool could make them drop more points. I'm still hanging on for first.

Chelsea always play more reserved against United; it's almost as if Moaninho has a kind of profound respect for them. If Carrick is fit, I can visualise United getting something out of the game, and with the form Arsenal are in, the same could very well apply for them too.

I wouldn't bank on Palace or Pool getting a result against them though.

Nah' date=' Higuain needs to come back to the best league in the football world right now, LA LIGA [img']http://i.imgur.com/LiacQrA.gif[/img]

Not even the second best let alone the best. It's so bad after the top 5 it's not even funny.

Absolute zero entertainment factor from La Liga bar the odd game and the big games between Barce, Real and Atletico. Even then those games more often than not turn into who can dive the best or roll around the most.