Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Higuain also has a 100m buyout clause.

that doesnt stand for much tbh, if any top club comes around with a 45+ mil euro offer im sure Higuain will leave, firstly because im sure he would move very gladly into a more competitive team rather than staying in a team that is getting no investments into the starting XI, secondly Dela is the type of President thatwill sell anybody for a profit, especially the players that are known to be unhappy or have transfer speculation going around them.

that doesnt stand for much tbh' date=' if any top club comes around with a 45+ mil euro offer im sure Higuain will leave, firstly because im sure he would move very gladly into a more competitive team rather than staying in a team that is getting no investments into the starting XI, secondly Dela is the type of President thatwill sell anybody for a profit, especially the players that are known to be unhappy or have transfer speculation going around them.[/quote']

Not saying he won't move, in fact I expect him too if Napoli get a 60m+ offer, but De Laurentiis also kept Cavani when we had no CL football and held out for his buyout clause of 63m. Plus Napoli bought him for 40m, a 5m profit isn't even a profit after his wages of 5m a season. Higuain's not known to be unhappy either. only player known to be unhappy is Callejon.

Not saying he won't move' date=' in fact I expect him too if Napoli get a 60m+ offer, but De Laurentiis also kept Cavani when we had no CL football and held out for his buyout clause of 63m. Plus Napoli bought him for 40m, a 5m profit isn't even a profit after his wages of 5m a season. Higuain's not known to be unhappy either. only player known to be unhappy is Callejon.[/quote']

The Cavani situation is different from Higuain's though, Cavani was happy, and was a rising top player at Napoli, he stayed for 3 seasons, and in the first season no one knew who the uruguayan was.

Higuain came to Napoli with the World Class player tag already attached to him, from a stellar team such as Real madrid, so Higuain's expectations on the club he plays for are much higher to the ones Cavani had back at napoli, cant really blame the Argentine if he wants to play in a team that can afford more than one top player at a time.

The difference this time around will be the player's will, thats why if an offer of more than what napoli paid for him comes in from a top club, i think Higuain will heavily push for the club to accept that offer, and napoli wont risk having an unhappy player with such massive wages and a potential to lower his overall value to a point where Napoli will lose money.

Thats the difference between Cavani and Higuain

The Cavani situation is different from Higuain's though' date=' Cavani was happy, and was a rising top player at Napoli, he stayed for 3 seasons, and in the first season no one knew who the uruguayan was.

Higuain came to Napoli with the World Class player tag already attached to him, from a stellar team such as Real madrid, so Higuain's expectations on the club he plays for are much higher to the ones Cavani had back at napoli, cant really blame the Argentine if he wants to play in a team that can afford more than one top player at a time.

The difference this time around will be the player's will, thats why if an offer of more than what napoli paid for him comes in from a top club, i think Higuain will heavily push for the club to accept that offer, and napoli wont risk having an unhappy player with such massive wages and a potential to lower his overall value to a point where Napoli will lose money.

Thats the difference between Cavani and Higuain[/quote']

I do realize the difference, but Higuain as I said isn't known to be unhappy. In fact he said he wished to produce what Maradona produced at Napoli. Of course that could be simply pandering to the fans, but I don't think De Laurentiis would accept a bid 5m over what was paid, because he'd lose whatever fans of his he has left if he was replaced adequately, which we know he wouldn't be as he was a one off world class player coming as he wanted out of Madrid. Plus he'd want big money for him because he's trying to refurnish the stadium, and any money he gets from transfers has to go to replacements plus means less out of his pocket. I expect him to go if a big offer comes, but not for as little as 45m.

I do realize the difference' date=' but Higuain as I said isn't known to be unhappy. In fact he said he wished to produce what Maradona produced at Napoli. Of course that could be simply pandering to the fans, but I don't think De Laurentiis would accept a bid 5m over what was paid, because he'd lose whatever fans of his he has left if he was replaced adequately, which we know he wouldn't be as he was a one off world class player coming as he wanted out of Madrid. Plus he'd want big money for him because he's trying to refurnish the stadium, and any money he gets from transfers has to go to replacements plus means less out of his pocket. I expect him to go if a big offer comes, but not for as little as 45m.[/quote']

Well, i personally do think that 50m euros will do the job imo if a United or a Bayern comes with such an offer.

We played like rubbish but made it to the final eventually. Love Sanchez - he has such a great work ethic.

We had no right side for that game - really was a bad idea to play Debuchy he was rusty and dead by the end. Bellerin offers wide options and runs like a whippet. Seemed a bit strange to play Debuchy imo.

We looked better with Giroud as focal point for attack, he's great for holding up the ball and bringing in players. We looked too narrow and Ramsey and co all wanted to be in the middle.

We are Arsenal and therefore nothing is ever easy or straight forward for us.

My heart rate has come back down a little now, Sanchez again delivers for us and Ozil is finding his old form again which is great to see.

But I tip my hat to Gabriel who superbly defended when Reading had that 2 on 1 moments before Alexis winning goal as it could have all been so different from that.

But Reading deserve tremendous credit what a peformance they put in today and if they can reproduce half of that next season I think they can be a danger in the Championship.

You were lucky, let's not deny that. You actually struggled beating Reading. Abit of luck spared Arsenal. Both teams let in fairly cheap goals though, I now see why Ospina is a first team regular. Szczęsny is crap.

So its another one of those finals again where we go in the favourites, but this time we cant take our opponents lightly. Dont wanna go down 2-0 in 10 mins again. We cant go in thinking we are the favourites.

well he was declare fit 3 weeks ago. would you rather see a slow pace chambers instead after we decided to rest 20 years bellerin

Ofcourse id rather play Debuchy than Chambers, just saying i don't think playing 120 mins in a cup semifinal after being out for a long time is ideal

Stoked. Gabriels 2 on 1 defence was amazing, Ozil was back to his near best bar a few moments at the end, Alexis is such a workhorse. Feel bad for Federici the Aussie as he failed spectacularly for the last goal. Szczesny showing why Ospina is number 1. Gibbs showing why he barely gets a game. Cazorla a rare off game, but he is so consistent you cant be upset.

So keen for back-to-back titles. Refreshing after 8-9 years of being frustrated.

idk if you guys remember Michael owen making himself look like a moron a while back saying Sterling is an all round better footballer than Ozil, a World cup winner and so on and so on.

Anyway he backe it up, and i found this on a blog (linked from FB - i dont usually read those rubbihs things) and i laughed soooooo hard.

Enjoy

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/04/things-michael-owen-thinks-are-better-than-mesut-ozil/

I remember before the everton game I said we needed 7 point out 9 point when we face everton, liverpool and chelsea at Home

so we have six out of 6 now we have to avoid a defeat against chelsea. so when we face manchester united in week 37 we are 4 point clear at least

after Chelsea we have 3 home game left sunderland, West brown and Swansea so hopefully we stay within top 3

You were lucky' date=' let's not deny that. You actually struggled beating Reading. Abit of [b']luck spared Arsenal[/b]. Both teams let in fairly cheap goals though, I now see why Ospina is a first team regular. Szczęsny is crap.

Sure, Arsenal should have done better, but were they lucky:

Shots inside the box: ARS 16 - 6 REA

Shots inside 6 yards box: ARS 2 - 0 REA

Shots inside penalty box on target: ARS 8 - 1 REA

Shots inside penalty box to woodworks: ARS 2 - 0 REA

To be accurate,

Shots inside 6 yards box to woodworks: ARS 2 - 0 REA

No, Arsenal were not lucky. They struggled to score, but let's not exaggerate the case. Reading was extremely lucky.