Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Here in Portugal they are giving William Carvalho as closed for 21' date='5 £M.[/quote']

Yeah I read that earlier, would be a big fan of that move (even though I am a Chelsea fan :P), have followed him since he broke through.

Yeah I read that earlier' date=' would be a big fan of that move (even though I am a Chelsea fan :P), have followed him since he broke through.[/quote']

I would be very happy with this, hope his adaptation will be smooth B)

Surprised nobody has mentioned the new Champions League seedings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32422362

Can't argue with it to be honest. Champions of the top seven leagues in Europe and the current holders go in to pot one. It was always going to happen.

Don't think you were here at the time but it was back in October we spoke about this, not sure why the BBC have just brought it up :/. It makes sense when you think about it and probably should've been done years ago.

As for Carvalho I'm not sure on him, I'd rather spend £25-30M on Schneiderlin.

Don't think you were here at the time but it was back in October we spoke about this' date=' not sure why the BBC have just brought it up :/. It makes sense when you think about it and probably should've been done years ago.

[b']As for Carvalho I'm not sure on him, I'd rather spend £25-30M on Schneiderlin.[/b]

same here I will rather go for Schneiderlin

l saw couple of the game carvalho has played this guy is so slow at recovering and he gives away stupid foul every games plus his not natural Defensive Midfield his like box to box type and with his pace in the premier league damm just ask arteta

One thing l notice about him he has that yaya toure power run and his strength really helps him

Surprised nobody has mentioned the new Champions League seedings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32422362

Can't argue with it to be honest. Champions of the top seven leagues in Europe and the current holders go in to pot one. It was always going to happen.

Even if they kept the current system we shouldnt have been a pot 1 team for the last 4-5 seasons.

I like the new rule. Should see some better action in the groups.

Even if they kept the current system we shouldnt have been a pot 1 team for the last 4-5 seasons.

I like the new rule. Should see some better action in the groups.

Agree totally with this,if you win your respective league you should be in the first pot.

Finish fourth you should be in the fourth pot.

Amazed it taken them this long to change this.

It's called the Champions league for a reason,who cares what a team did last season or three seasons ago.

Today is game is all about taking your chances. spurs literally took 5 of 6 chances they had against chelsea and won 5-3.

One thing I can guarantee about arsenal we will create chances but would we take them that's the massive question?....

it going to be to a typical parking the bus and hoping for counter attack goal from chelsea which is fine but we have to score first in order from them to start caming out also chelsea do press high at times so we have to avoid making mistake at the back like aston villa yesterday.

damm l sound like a manager :P:D

Today is game is all about taking your chances. spurs literally took 5 of 6 chances they had against chelsea and won 5-3.

One thing I can guarantee about arsenal we will create chances but would we take them that's the massive question?....

it going to be to a typical parking the bus and hoping for contact attack goal from chelsea which is fine but we have to score first in order from them to start caming out also chelsea do press high at times so we have to avoid making mistake at the back like aston villa yesterday.

damm l sound like a manager :P:D

Well Arsenal have not always created chances against Chelsea,that said,I think today might be your day.

Good defending and counter-attacking is part of the game,I think some people get too caught up on parking the bus term.Chelsea can play a lot of ways,thats why it is hard to play against them I think.

Great first half, quality game between two of the best and in form teams. Ospian should have had a pen against for the challenge on Oscar persoanlly, The Fab incident was laughable and he knew it, fair play to him though stood up and copped it and moved on like a gent. We also could/should have had a pen for the handball so im happy that at least balanced out so i dont have to hear the complaining if we win about the pen.

Giroud working really hard to give them trouble in the box, if we can just get a quality cross on his head i think thats the most likely goal to come in this game. Based on the first half i fancy us to nick all 3points, that said one lapse and Chelsea will punish, A mad good ball to Ramires who, If they had a striker on, would have put us 1-0 down. Credit to Ospina was a tidy save.

I dont think anyone has been exceptional but satisfyingly not one persona has been bad for us either, just a quality arm wrestle.

Happy with the effort. It ain't easy against such tactics. Hazard completely marked out the game. Not sure he even touched the ball in the second half. Diving, moaning, time wasting, they brought it all. Winning isn't everything. If I ever saw an Arsenal conduct themselves the way those morons do, then I'd be up in arms. Thankfully, we'll never stoop to that whilst Wenger's here.

Koscielny was his usual outstanding self, Monner and Bellerin were both excellent, Ramsey played well. We needed more from Ozil, Santi and especially Sanchez. But, as I say, I think you can only do so much. The only teams that can out do Mourinho are the likes of Barcelona, Real and Bayern. If they can't do so by outfootballing them, they'll call on their serial cheats, like Robben, Pepe and Dani Alvez.

Happy with the effort. It ain't easy against such tactics. Hazard completely marked out the game. Not sure he even touched the ball in the second half. Diving' date=' moaning, time wasting, they brought it all. Winning isn't everything. If I ever saw an Arsenal conduct themselves the way those morons do, then I'd be up in arms. Thankfully, we'll never stoop to that whilst Wenger's here.

Koscielny was his usual outstanding self, Monner and Bellerin were both excellent, Ramsey played well. We needed more from Ozil, Santi and especially Sanchez. But, as I say, I think you can only do so much. The only teams that can out do Mourinho are the likes of Barcelona, Real and Bayern. If they can't do so by outfootballing them, they'll call on their serial cheats, like Robben, Pepe and Dani Alvez.[/quote']

Such tactics??? Chelsea were largely in control and in 2nd gear! Hazard drew 3 yellow cards,could have been away a few times,the penalty decision not given on Oscar was pathetic to say the least! I am certain if Chelsea had Costa that they would have won the game.Title is ours

Such tactics??? Chelsea were largely in control and in 2nd gear! Hazard drew 3 yellow cards' date='could have been away a few times,the penalty decision not given on Oscar was pathetic to say the least! I am certain if Chelsea had Costa that they would have won the game.Title is ours[/quote']

Really!? hahaha you can't be serious he done nothing all game he was no where to be seen so I guess the 3 yellow card means he had a good game :P

Second gear is called parking the bus. I suggest you leave before I explode.

If you think Chelsea parked the bus,you are blind,the did not defend deep,Arsenal did not dominate. You are seriously jealous of Chelsea,good luck in the cup final though..

If you think Chelsea parked the bus' date='you are blind,the did not defend deep,Arsenal did not dominate. You are seriously jealous of Chelsea,good luck in the cup final though..[/quote']

come on keith you know parking the bus is actually good defending haha anyway I think everyone expected this result to be fair...chelsea did park bus but like l said Arsenal didn't take they chances as per usual.

and for the cup I think the whole world will support Aston villa no question about that apart from arsenal fans :D

come on keith you know parking the bus is actually good defending haha anyway I think everyone expected this result to be fair...chelsea did park bus but like l said Arsenal didn't take they chances as per usual.

and for the cup I think the whole world will support Aston villa no question about that apart from arsenal fans :D

I have nothing against Arsenal at all,and yes every neutral would be up for Villa,but that is the case against any of the top teams.Honestly though,I have seen us park the bus,but we didn't today.Ramires had the best chance of the game,Arsenal did not create any really good chances,and they defended very well and in numbers at times,if Chelsea parked the bus,by that logic so did Arsenal.

I have nothing against Arsenal at all' date='and yes every neutral would be up for Villa,but that is the case against any of the top teams.Honestly though,I have seen us park the bus,but we didn't today.Ramires had the best chance of the game,Arsenal did not create any really good chances,and they defended very well and in numbers at times,if Chelsea parked the bus,by that logic so did Arsenal.[/quote']

We were the ones constantly attacking so i dont know where you got that from. Also best chance was right at the end from 5 yards out, ozil and welbeck missed a tap in, unbelievable......

We were the ones constantly attacking so i dont know where you got that from. Also best chance was right at the end from 5 yards out' date=' ozil and welbeck missed a tap in, unbelievable......[/quote']

Oh I agree,but it was right at the end...you were the home side. Don't think ye were constantly attacking though.