Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Boy we are going for it. If one of these shots could NOT be straight at the keeper that would be great

wow robbed. How have we failed to capitalise and now we are 1-0 down to a swanseas who have really never threatened.......

not really robbed if you cannot take your chances.

The technology doesnt lie! Never looked over but the technology shows it was.

Non-Biased I truly thought it was out but sure enough the tech nailed it.

not really robbes if you cannot take your chances.

Honestly Keith you spout some nonsense.

Why is it *nearly everytime Arsenal lose the opposition keeper is MotM.

I'm not sure about other occasions, but on this one it's because your crosses and shots were straight at him. The one effort in the game away from the centre of the goal was Gomis header.

We deserved all three points tonight, tactically we were far superior. We were resolute and made it incredibly difficult for you to get chances. You had (and badly wasted) a few good chances in the second half, and we scored a well worked goal. We didn't need to spurn chance after chance, because we had the quality in the final third which wins games.

I'm not sure about other occasions' date=' but on this one it's because your crosses and shots were straight at him. The one effort in the game away from the centre of the goal was Gomis header.[/b']

We deserved all three points tonight, tactically we were far superior. We were resolute and made it incredibly difficult for you to get chances. You had (and badly wasted) a few good chances in the second half, and we scored a well worked goal. We didn't need to spurn chance after chance, because we had the quality in the final third which wins games.

first paragraph nailed it to be fair. anything in bold is spot on or close enough. Tactically superior ahahahahaha. 6 touches in our pen area. Finishing wise as i mention obviously spot on we wasted a plethora of chances. Gomis's header was an awful one, he connected poorly and was lucky to score. End of day, we wasted many chances, you took one of the precious few you made and you therefore win the game -as thats how it works. But to come in here spouting that makes me really astonished.

Logged on...

Expected Infernito- Jack fireworks....

Dissapointed....

This! Haha

At least we've got time to prepare for it now, popcorn, 3d glasses the works.

He'll probably get infracted but I think we're all looking forward to it nonetheless.

Arsenal showing again that they are just a bang average run-of-the-mill top four side with no ambition of climbing any higher than that, I fully expect Man United to take that third place spot and leave Arsenal to slot into that comfortable fourth place slot.

Arsenals finishing was poor though? Surely in general they only have themselves to blame in this game? Can't see how that is nonsense..

Arsenal showing again that they are just a bang average run-of-the-mill top four side with no ambition of climbing any higher than that' date=' I fully expect Man United to take that third place spot and leave Arsenal to slot into that comfortable fourth place slot.[/quote']

Really?

For what reason do you expect United to take 3rd place bearing in mind Arsenal have a game in hand and are 2 points ahead with a GD 7 better than ourselves.

The only game that is any challenge for them is the one against United but we've been found out so easily I'd fancy any decent side to get points against us right now.

United will finish 4th IMO and it would take one heck of a convincing counter argument to alter that.

Arsenal showing again that they are just a bang average run-of-the-mill top four side with no ambition of climbing any higher than that' date=' I fully expect Man United to take that third place spot and leave Arsenal to slot into that comfortable fourth place slot.[/quote']

1 defeat in 11 means we've lost ambition, Man Utd lose 3 in a row and look set to overtake us? Its still pretty open at best.

Well done to Swansea, hope this fires us up for the Man Utd game.

I warn you' date=' SwanseaJack, next time I see you, I'm going to go ape on you. It won't be now as I've already calmed down. It'll be when you're least expecting it. Sick to death of your smugness.[/quote']

That's very big of you ...

Bitter much?

Look, I know it mustn't be great for a club you've belittled time and time again to have done the double over you, but that doesn't excuse the way you've accepted defeat. I'm sure you'll get over it one day ...

first paragraph nailed it to be fair. anything in bold is spot on or close enough. Tactically superior ahahahahaha. 6 touches in our pen area. Finishing wise as i mention obviously spot on we wasted a plethora of chances. Gomis's header was an awful one' date=' he connected poorly and was lucky to score. End of day, we wasted many chances, you took one of the precious few you made and you therefore win the game -as thats how it works. But to come in here spouting that makes me really astonished.[/quote']

Tactically superior, particularly in the first half. We allowed you to have possession where we wanted you to have it, and you didn't get the ball in dangerous areas at all. Second half was more of a different story, you actually opened us up on a few occasions and we were fortunate you were so poor in front of goal but nevertheless we exploited your weak defensive organisation on the break. For the goal, Monreal's been sold for the one-two, Bellerin gets done easily with no help up against Montero, Gomis is allowed to exploit Monreal (again) and Ospina is far too close to his near post. That's more defensive errors in one play then we made in the entire game. Gomis header wasn't awful, he's placed it as far away from Ospina as he possibly could, it didn't need to be a superb header.

not taking anything away from swansea but 9/10 times Arsenal win that game. Dont say omg they lack this and that now. Arsenal had a long unbeaten run and i hate when a team loses the fans ask for heads. Remember this , the premier league is the best league in the world for a reason and that is anyone can beat anyone. Not starting a league debate because we know which one has the best quality but it was just unlucky

Sky Sports article "Arsenal need Casillas or Cech"

Wouldn't Casillas be a few backwards steps? Cech would be a good signing but Casillas is hardly the man that he was.

Does the article gives an opinion or a rumor?

Comes up when the former Real GK says that he is certain Casillas and Ronaldo are going to leave the club with the news to break out on Wednesday.

not taking anything away from swansea but 9/10 times Arsenal win that game. Dont say omg they lack this and that now. Arsenal had a long unbeaten run and i hate when a team loses the fans ask for heads. Remember this ' date=' the premier league is the best league in the world for a reason and that is anyone can beat anyone. Not starting a league debate because we know which one has the best quality but it was just unlucky[/quote']

Well they didn't win in a similar game last season, or in the season before that.

It wasn't just unlucky, they made fundamental errors that a side like us was going to punish.

Although I shouldn't really be surprised by this stage, the fickle nature of there fans was once again on show tonight. Eleven games unbeaten prior to today and booed off at both half time and full time. Don't think those booing deserve anything more than they got to be honest.

Well they didn't win in a similar game last season' date=' or in the season before that.

[b']It wasn't just unlucky, they made fundamental errors that a side like us was going to punish.

[/b]

Although I shouldn't really be surprised by this stage, the fickle nature of there fans was once again on show tonight. Eleven games unbeaten prior to today and booed off at both half time and full time. Don't think those booing deserve anything more than they got to be honest.

so did we make no errors in the last 10 games or were none of those sides "like you" and couldnt punish us for those errors?

Does the article gives an opinion or a rumor?

Comes up when the former Real GK says that he is certain Casillas and Ronaldo are going to leave the club with the news to break out on Wednesday.

Was just one of the pundits opinions I think, so probably nothing to it, but he IS a keeper that is potentially available I guess.