Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

1 defeat in 11 means we've lost ambition' date=' Man Utd lose 3 in a row and look set to overtake us? Its still pretty open at best.

Well done to Swansea, hope this fires us up for the Man Utd game.[/quote']

Indeed! Still think Arsenal will finish at least 3rd and could well beat Man U at the weekend..

1 defeat in 11 means we've lost ambition' date=' Man Utd lose 3 in a row and look set to overtake us? Its still pretty open at best.

Well done to Swansea, hope this fires us up for the Man Utd game.[/quote']

Forget the Swansea game as I am talking about over the last eight years, the inability to sign key players when needed clearly show the lack of ambition from the club to kick on, but as soon as Arsenal qualify for the Champions League it is like job done and they settle into that comfortable fourth place slot and on occasion bob up a spot.

2005/2006 4th

2006/2007 4th

2007/2008 3rd

2008/2009 4th

2009/2010 3rd

2011/2012 4th

2012/2013 4th

2013/2014 4th

2014/2015 3rd or 4th?

If you ask most people at the start of the season where do you think Arsenal will finish, the answer would overwhelmingly be fourth place.I mean don't get me wrong they are consistent in the Champions League qualifying like no other and that earns the club decent cash but their failure to spend on a the few key areas what are needed to be strengthened is plainly evident, so yes I do see a lack of ambition to step up and kick on and until this is addressed they will be no more than a CL qualifying machine.

So' date=' a loss to Swansea and all of a sudden everything is up in the air. Let's see who finishers where come round 38.

Oh yeah, and where is that guy who has a sig with my post in it? That abc123 guy. [/i']

Oh indeed my noisy friend' date=' indeed what four months can do...:)[/color']

Ahaha, what are you talking about, Man Utd are still in fourth place, 2 points behind Arsenal with one more game. How the mighty have fallen...

So' date=' a loss to Swansea and all of a sudden everything is up in the air. Let's see who finishers where come round 38.

Oh yeah, and where is that guy who has a sig with my post in it? That abc123 guy. [/i']

You should take the same advice that you give out. You didnt seem to want to wait until round 38 to spout the nonsense I have in my sig.

Btw, I made sure we was near the finish line with the cards in our hands before I put your post in my sig and Im confident it will remain there until next seasons start at least.

You should take the same advice that you give out. You didnt seem to want to wait until round 38 to spout the nonsense I have in my sig.

Btw' date=' I made sure we was near the finish line with the cards in our hands before I put your post in my sig and Im confident it will remain there until next seasons start at least.[/quote']

In reference to your sig;

Now I like Arsenal bashing as much as the next bloke but there was no way you would end up the Europa League this year. That's been vindicated by your recent form. The funny bit though is Sanchez being an average player. He, the average player, who would dance backwards while blindfolded with a tree tied to his ankle into United's current starting line up.

Btw' date=' I made sure we was near the finish line with the cards in our hands before I put your post in my sig and Im confident it will remain there until next seasons start at least.[/quote']

Wait... Is that quote real?

In reference to your sig;

Now I like Arsenal bashing as much as the next bloke but there was no way you would end up the Europa League this year. That's been vindicated by your recent form. The funny bit though is Sanchez being an average player. He' date=' the average player, who would dance backwards while blindfolded with a tree tied to his ankle into United's current starting line up.[/quote']

Wait... Is that quote real?

Haha, exactly.

Haha' date=' exactly.[/quote']
I know' date=' at times I can't believe it myself.

That's how high the level of stupidity is with that particular individual.[/quote']

Tony has to start putting a small print in his posts along the lines of...

*My views are my own, and not that of other Manchester United supporters*

Forget the Swansea game as I am talking about over the last eight years' date=' the inability to sign key players when needed clearly show the lack of ambition from the club to kick on, but as soon as Arsenal qualify for the Champions League it is like job done and they settle into that comfortable fourth place slot and on occasion bob up a spot.

2005/2006 4th

2006/2007 4th

2007/2008 3rd

2008/2009 4th

2009/2010 3rd

2011/2012 4th

2012/2013 4th

2013/2014 4th

2014/2015 3rd or 4th?

If you ask most people at the start of the season where do you think Arsenal will finish, the answer would overwhelmingly be fourth place.I mean don't get me wrong they are consistent in the Champions League qualifying like no other and that earns the club decent cash but their failure to spend on a the few key areas what are needed to be strengthened is plainly evident, so yes I do see a lack of ambition to step up and kick on and until this is addressed they will be no more than a CL qualifying machine.[/quote']

We have started to invest in better players in Ozil and Sanchez so perhaps Arsenal are turning the corner. It was apparently the stadium that has held back funding although there is probably more going on behind the scenes than we'l find out at least until Wenger has long gone. I feel he's covering for some things that have gone on...

Most people had Arsenal to go out of the top 4 and seem to say it most seasons and after our worst start in so many years its not surprising. Arsenal seem to achieve about right for the wages they spend but it can be a tad frustrating to have a "war chest" every year and not strengthen in certain places.

Would love to see Arsenal buy a quality goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and striker but that seems a much too tall order and unrealistic. I'm sure we'll skip the goalie and defender with Paulista coming through.

Could do with a midfielder though with Diaby hopefully gone and Arteta and Rosicky (great player but getting on) heading into the twilight of their careers and Flamini is an ok backup player these days. Maybe we could nab Khedeira and reunite him with Ozil although he himself is a tad injury prone these days.

Giroud is a decent forward for holding up the ball but he not a top top forward that you really need. If we could clone Sanchez that would be nice after a pretty amazing first season.

I rambled on a bit there more than I meant to! :P

Logged on...

Expected Infernito- Jack fireworks....

Dissapointed....

Don't worry, it's coming. That little nonce has had it coming to him for ages. I've repeatedly warned him about coming in here and being as smug and self satisfied as he always is. Gloats when he wins, makes every excuse in the book when he loses. Bloody had enough of it. This is nothing new. I've moaned about him for two or three years and It is going to explode, probably the next time he quotes me.

He thinks we want to hear what he thinks after we lost. Guess what, sunshine, we bloody well don't. Don't you soddin well stroll in here and be all patronising and "we so deserved that" cos I really, really don't care about your irrelevant, pathetic little club. Go and post your sermons elsewhere, like in your own thread. Oh guess what, there's no one in there cos NO ONE CARES. The Premier League thread would suffice or even stick your posts up your arse.

How the hell can such a little wind up merchant be a mod. Good god. It'll be Tony next.

How dare someone post there opinion on a public forum.

I'm not going to be bullied away from posting my view where I feel like posting it, just because you don't want to hear it.

If you don't want to hear it, feel free to use the block/ignore function. To be honest, you've only really got yourself to blame if you don't want to hear my opinion.

To be honest that response was quite pathetic - 'that little nonce', 'pathetic little club', 'stick your posts up your arse', 'little wind up merchant' - no matter how many times you want to call us little, it still doesn't make you very big. When you act like this towards people, what exactly is it your expecting back? Did you honestly expect anything different?

I can't stand your arrogance, snobbery and attitude that anybody supporting a smaller club is beneath you or irrelevant. When our 'pathetic little club' beats a club you think should be winning the league, then I'm going to let you hear about it.

Don't worry' date=' it's coming. That little nonce has had it coming to him for ages. I've repeatedly warned him about coming in here and being as smug and self satisfied as he always is. Gloats when he wins, makes every excuse in the book when he loses. Bloody had enough of it. This is nothing new. I've moaned about him for two or three years and It is going to explode, probably the next time he quotes me.

He thinks we want to hear what he thinks after we lost. Guess what, sunshine, we bloody well don't. Don't you soddin well stroll in here and be all patronising and "we so deserved that" cos I really, really don't care about your irrelevant, pathetic little club. Go and post your sermons elsewhere, like in your own thread. Oh guess what, there's no one in there cos NO ONE CARES. The Premier League thread would suffice or even stick your posts up your arse.

How the hell can such a little wind up merchant be a mod. Good god. It'll be Tony next.[/quote']

I'm not going to be bullied away from posting my view where I feel like posting it' date=' just because you don't want to hear it.

If you don't want to hear it, feel free to use the block/ignore function. To be honest, you've only really got yourself to blame if you don't want to hear my opinion.

To be honest that response was quite pathetic - 'that little nonce', 'pathetic little club', 'stick your posts up your arse', 'little wind up merchant' - no matter how many times you want to call us little, it still doesn't make you very big. When you act like this towards people, what exactly is it your expecting back? Did you honestly expect anything different?

I can't stand your arrogance, snobbery and attitude that anybody supporting a smaller club is beneath you or irrelevant. When our 'pathetic little club' beats a club you think should be winning the league, then I'm going to let you hear about it.[/quote']

Them two posts were a good read, Infernitoed, do you recall Swanseajack saying they deserved all three points yesterday? :P :p :P

I'm not going to be bullied away from posting my view where I feel like posting it' date=' just because you don't want to hear it.

I can't stand your arrogance, snobbery and attitude that anybody supporting a smaller club is beneath you or irrelevant. When our 'pathetic little club' beats a club you think should be winning the league, then I'm going to let you hear about it.[/quote']

Don't worry' date=' it's coming. That little nonce has had it coming to him for ages. I've repeatedly warned him about coming in here and being as smug and self satisfied as he always is. Gloats when he wins, makes every excuse in the book when he loses. Bloody had enough of it. This is nothing new. I've moaned about him for two or three years and It is going to explode, probably the next time he quotes me.

He thinks we want to hear what he thinks after we lost. Guess what, sunshine, we bloody well don't. Don't you soddin well stroll in here and be all patronising and "we so deserved that" cos I really, really don't care about your irrelevant, pathetic little club. Go and post your sermons elsewhere, like in your own thread. Oh guess what, there's no one in there cos NO ONE CARES. The Premier League thread would suffice or even stick your posts up your arse. [/quote']

Wow just wow thanks lads l really enjoy reading that. l can't wait next time arsenal play swansea :)

Wow just wow thanks lads l really enjoy reading that. l can't wait next time arsenal play swansea :)

Thought you were an Arsenal fan.

Them two posts were a good read' date=' Infernitoed, do you recall Swanseajack saying they deserved all three points yesterday? :P :p :P[/quote']

Not sure how you can argue Arsenal deserved anything with their finishing and the defending for the goal.

Thought you were an Arsenal fan.

Not sure how you can argue Arsenal deserved anything with their finishing and the defending for the goal.

I was just saying it for a joke to be fair, however it's nonsense to say Swansea deserved three points? Maybe a draw would have reflected the actual game better as Arsenal were the better team but their finishing let them down.

I was just saying it for a joke to be fair' date=' however it's nonsense to say Swansea deserved three points? Maybe a draw would have reflected the actual game better as Arsenal were the better team but their finishing let them down.[/quote']

Arsenal were controlled possession, yes, but it was their defending as well as their finishing that let them down and they didn't deserve anything from the game.

For them to concede an identical goal to the one that won us the reverse fixture is criminal defending (well that, and the fact there were what? 5/6 errors in the goal).

You can't defend like that and expect not to concede, the naivety to expect a side that were able to score in that fashion last tie out to not exploit the same weakness is ridiculous.

If the midfield give your right back no support in his one on one against Montero (again), allowing him an easy cross and you allow Gomis to exploit Monreal in air (again) whilst Mertesacker and Koscielny are both twiddling their thumbs marking nobody (again) then you deserve to concede a goal (again). That added to the fact their finishing wasn't worthy of a goal, is why Arsenal deserved nothing from the game.

Arsenal were controlled possession' date=' yes, but it was their defending as well as their finishing that let them down and they didn't deserve anything from the game.

For them to concede an identical goal to the one that won us the reverse fixture is criminal defending (well that, and the fact there were what? 5/6 errors in the goal).

You can't defend like that and expect not to concede, the naivety to expect a side that were able to score in that fashion last tie out to not exploit the same weakness is ridiculous.

If the midfield give your right back no support in his one on one against Montero (again), allowing him an easy cross and you allow Gomis to exploit Monreal in air (again) whilst Mertesacker and Koscielny are both twiddling their thumbs marking nobody (again) then you deserve to concede a goal (again). That added to the fact their finishing wasn't worthy of a goal, is why Arsenal deserved nothing from the game.[/quote']

Swansea had two shots inside the box all game, how do they deserve the three points? You could argue you deserved a point for defending, but your attack barely deserved three points. In the end it really doesn't matter, Swansea won, Arsenal lost, from my point of view that's a great result but if you played like that every game you'd be struggling near the bottom so its hard to say you deserved all the points.

Swansea had two shots inside the box all game' date=' how do they deserve the three points? You could argue you deserved a point for defending, but your attack barely deserved three points. In the end it really doesn't matter, Swansea won, Arsenal lost, from my point of view that's a great result but if you played like that every game you'd be struggling near the bottom so its hard to say you deserved all the points.[/quote']

Because one of them was worthy of a goal? You don't need to attack throughout the game to deserve a goal, we didn't need many touches any the box to create the best move of the game. Did we deserve anything more than our goal? No, but that's enough to win a football match when Arsenal were as poor at creating chances as they were for the first hour, and as poor at finishing them off as they were in the last half hour.

Because one of them was worthy of a goal? You don't need to attack throughout the game to deserve a goal' date=' we didn't need many touches any the box to create the best move of the game. Did we deserve anything more than our goal? No, but that's enough to win a football match when Arsenal were as poor at creating chances as they were for the first hour, and as poor at finishing them off as they were in the last half hour.[/quote']

Lol, okay, you clearly have your bias-glasses so it's a pointless debate, from the neutral point of view, Arsenal were the better team, Swansea had nothing but luck on their side.

Lol' date=' okay, you clearly have your bias-glasses so it's a pointless debate, from the neutral point of view, Arsenal were the better team, Swansea had nothing but luck on their side.[/quote']

They were better than having luck on their side they cam to be defensively solid and try to nick a goal and fair play they stuck to that. First half was a draw imo boring boring match. We controlled possesion but pointlessly as i posted at HT live. However second half we blitzed it. Swansea defended compactly and it meant alot of the efforts were speculative, but as trhe half wore on we broke through. Sanchez save and Walcott follow up both dont go in dont ask me how but that was in behind defenders. 100% agree out finishing killed us but thats just it. Swansea deserve no accolades beyond a good game plan and great teamwork. We became our own worst enemy. If a boxer knocks himself out (lol best i could do) the other guy didnt deserve the win. Swans at best could have had a draw for m aking our life very diffucult it might have been justified even though we were the ones asking all the questions.

Btw that 'best move of the game' was a horribly misplaced cross that made it all the way across the field to be saved by the other winger, it was meant to be for the CF. happy outcome to a poor cross id say. Doesnt excuse the plethora of fails by Monreal mainly but still.

Well said mate. Never let anyone bully you and always say what you are feeling.

Great post couldn't agree more. The ignore/block function is a great feature.

To be fair it was a game were Arsenals finishing was very poor to say the least,were they trying to aim for the keeper? :D;)

I have to say Gary Monk has done a really superb job at Swansea,they have a chance of finishing in the european places and remember they lost Bony in January,I don't think he has got the full praise he deserves,if he was a manager with more experience or a big name,he would be getting serious praise.

Swansea had two shots inside the box all game' date=' how do they deserve the three points? You could argue you deserved a point for defending, but your attack barely deserved three points. In the end it really doesn't matter, Swansea won, Arsenal lost, from my point of view that's a great result but if you played like that every game you'd be struggling near the bottom so its hard to say you deserved all the points.[/quote']

This is Arsenal's problem at times. They've got a sense of entitlement rather than actually going out and winning games.

That said, this run they've been on until one has been pretty awesome. Glad someone beat them before the cup final. Hopefully it'll knock their confidence ;)

This is Arsenal's problem at times. They've got a sense of entitlement rather than actually going out and winning games.

That said' date=' this run they've been on until one has been pretty awesome. Glad someone beat them before the cup final. Hopefully it'll knock their confidence ;)[/quote']

Depends how anyone would define "deserved to win the game"

Do you deserve to win a game because you have more of the ball than the opponent?

Do you deserve to win the game because you create more chances?

Do you deserve to win the game if you have a different gameplan like Swansea did and see it successful?

Do you deserve to win a game if you fluff your opportunities?