Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

This is Arsenal's problem at times. They've got a sense of entitlement rather than actually going out and winning games.

That said' date=' this run they've been on until one has been pretty awesome. Glad someone beat them before the cup final. Hopefully it'll knock their confidence ;)[/quote']

How much do you rate Sherwood though? Personally, I really like him and he could be a top manager IMO not because of his stint at Villa but really liked him at Spurs as well.

Depends how anyone would define "deserved to win the game"

Do you deserve to win a game because you have more of the ball than the opponent?

Do you deserve to win the game because you create more chances?

Do you deserve to win the game if you have a different gameplan like Swansea did and see it successful?

Do you deserve to win a game if you fluff your opportunities?

Purely subjective. Who cares who deserved to win? Swansea DID win, end of. The arguments over it are comical. 'My team deserved to win because *insert bias reason here*' vs. 'My team deserved to win because *insert bias reason here*'.

Oh, and whoever said we lacked ambition on the basis that we lost our first game in eleven needs seeing to... Thread is dead when we are winning, lose one game and everybody is up in arms.

Depends how anyone would define "deserved to win the game"

Do you deserve to win a game because you have more of the ball than the opponent?

Do you deserve to win the game because you create more chances?

Do you deserve to win the game if you have a different gameplan like Swansea did and see it successful?

Do you deserve to win a game if you fluff your opportunities?

Score more goals. Then you deserve to win

How much do you rate Sherwood though? Personally' date=' I really like him and he could be a top manager IMO not because of his stint at Villa but really liked him at Spurs as well.[/quote']

I think it's fair to say we have good players at the club who needed confidence to perform how they can. Tim has given them that. I don't think personally he's a tactical genius but he gives players confidence and sometimes that's just as good if not more effective.

Purely subjective. Who cares who deserved to win? Swansea DID win' date=' end of. The arguments over it are comical. 'My team deserved to win because *insert bias reason here*' vs. 'My team deserved to win because *insert bias reason here*'.

Oh, and whoever said we lacked ambition on the basis that we lost our first game in eleven needs seeing to... Thread is dead when we are winning, lose one game and everybody is up in arms.[/quote']

No one of your posters kept going on how Arsenal deserved to win and you are right I agree with you. :)

Score more goals. Then you deserve to win

I think it's fair to say we have good players at the club who needed confidence to perform how they can. Tim has given them that. I don't think personally he's a tactical genius but he gives players confidence and sometimes that's just as good if not more effective.

All true about Sherwood,perhaps at at team in the top 4 or 5,he would need to be better tactically,but he clearly can motivate players and get them playing with confidence..

Glad someone beat them before the cup final. Hopefully it'll knock their confidence ;)

That's exactly what you don't want to happen with Arsenal. An overconfident Arsenal is likely to lose. When they've been beaten though, I always back them to win.

They were better than having luck on their side they cam to be defensively solid and try to nick a goal and fair play they stuck to that. First half was a draw imo boring boring match. We controlled possesion but pointlessly as i posted at HT live. However second half we blitzed it. Swansea defended compactly and it meant alot of the efforts were speculative' date=' but as trhe half wore on we broke through. [b']Sanchez save and Walcott follow up both dont go in dont ask me how[/b] but that was in behind defenders. 100% agree out finishing killed us but thats just it. Swansea deserve no accolades beyond a good game plan and great teamwork. We became our own worst enemy. If a boxer knocks himself out (lol best i could do) the other guy didnt deserve the win. Swans at best could have had a draw for m aking our life very diffucult it might have been justified even though we were the ones asking all the questions.

Btw that 'best move of the game' was a horribly misplaced cross that made it all the way across the field to be saved by the other winger, it was meant to be for the CF. happy outcome to a poor cross id say. Doesnt excuse the plethora of fails by Monreal mainly but still.

I think the two sections I've highlighted explain the luck, 99/100 both Sanchez and Walcott stick them chances away, so it's pretty lucky for Swansea to have not conceded there, and goals change games, Arsenal would have gained confidence whereas Swansea's confidence could have taken a hit, if Sanchez or Walcott scored, I reckon Arsenal would have took all three points, and for me that's where Swansea were lucky.

This is Arsenal's problem at times. They've got a sense of entitlement rather than actually going out and winning games.

That said' date=' this run they've been on until one has been pretty awesome. Glad someone beat them before the cup final. Hopefully it'll knock their confidence ;)[/quote']

Haha hopefully, would much prefer to see you's lift the cup than Arsenal :P

That's exactly what you don't want to happen with Arsenal. An overconfident Arsenal is likely to lose. When they've been beaten though' date=' I always back them to win.[/quote']

You say that but before Monday they went something like 17 games unbeaten so that theory goes out the window somewhat

Well done for basically copying me word for word, my description of Liverpool fans. You're a bigger half wit then whathisface.

Well done for basically copying me word for word' date=' my description of Liverpool fans. You're a bigger half wit then whathisface.[/quote']

Having a go at someone for saying something similar to something you apparently said at some point in the past is a bit sad

They were better than having luck on their side they cam to be defensively solid and try to nick a goal and fair play they stuck to that. First half was a draw imo boring boring match. We controlled possesion but pointlessly as i posted at HT live. However second half we blitzed it. Swansea defended compactly and it meant alot of the efforts were speculative' date=' but as trhe half wore on we broke through. Sanchez save and Walcott follow up both dont go in dont ask me how but that was in behind defenders. 100% agree out finishing killed us but thats just it. Swansea deserve no accolades beyond a [b']good game plan and great teamwork[/b]. We became our own worst enemy. If a boxer knocks himself out (lol best i could do) the other guy didnt deserve the win. Swans at best could have had a draw for m aking our life very diffucult it might have been justified even though we were the ones asking all the questions.

Btw that 'best move of the game' was a horribly misplaced cross that made it all the way across the field to be saved by the other winger, it was meant to be for the CF. happy outcome to a poor cross id say. Doesnt excuse the plethora of fails by Monreal mainly but still.

A smaller team has gone away to play a bigger team that hadn't lost in 12 games (14 if you only count domestic games) and won with a good game plan and great teamwork yet don't deserve much praise for it?!

Great logic!

Well done for basically copying me word for word' date=' my description of Liverpool fans. You're a bigger half wit then whathisface.[/quote']

Who exactly do you think you are?

Can somebody not make the same point you've made about another team? That phrase isn't yours now, you don't own it, it's not copyrighted to you.

The point is a perfectly valid one, and there was nothing wrong with the post. Arsenal fans do have a sense of entitlement, they think they've got a god given write to be beating sides like us (hence the booing at half time and full time).

Not sure if Arsenal is even playing football right now. All the players are not turning up for the game. Same as usual, playing with zero confidence whenever they face pressure. Really shameful.

Only losing at Chelsea and winning at City is for me the clearest sign of progress in relation to the previous season. Wenger demonstrated he is still the man for the job, a solid pre-season and the right cirurgical purchase/s in the summer market should take Arsenal to the next level.

Yeah!! Nice footwork from Walcott!

Think we can win this still!

We could have win this from the start had we not played with a handbrake. The players finally decided to step up after 60 minutes. :(

Flamini came on with 5 minutes to go to ensure we didn't lose. He nearly lost the game twice in that 5 minutes. He is a complete half wit.

Thank god his contract will expire at the end of this season. Coquelin is decent but we should start looking up for another DM to provide competition.

Thank god his contract will expire at the end of this season. Coquelin is decent but we should start looking up for another DM to provide competition.

I fear his contract runs until next season. He got 3 years, this is only his second. We may well just pay him off.

Priority is striker for mine. Giroud's fine as back up. He simply cost us too many points with lack of control or composure at the right time. Good player and has improved unquestionably. Problem is Bayern have Lewandoski, Real have Ronaldo, Barcelona have some decent forwards, City have Aquero, Chelsea have their double decker, United have Rooney, Juve have Tevez. We're levels below that. Giroud will not win games out of a hat.

I fear his contract runs until next season. He got 3 years' date=' this is only his second. We may well just pay him off.

Priority is striker for mine. Giroud's fine as back up. He simply cost us too many points with lack of control or composure at the right time. Good player and has improved unquestionably. Problem is Bayern have Lewandoski, Real have Ronaldo, Barcelona have some decent forwards, City have Aquero, Chelsea have their double decker, United have Rooney, Juve have Tevez. We're levels below that. Giroud will not win games out of a hat.[/quote']

A good defensive midfielder and a left back as well I would say are needed. Coquelin did well to begin with but in the last few games he has shown the form that sent him out on loan, don't think he is really good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the title.

A good defensive midfielder and a left back as well I would say are needed. Coquelin did well to begin with but in the last few games he has shown the form that sent him out on loan' date=' don't think he is really good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the title.[/quote']

So, my buyings would be three out of the following:

Kondogbia/William C.

Kurzawa/Coentrão/Alex Sandro

Icardi/Jackson Martinez/Bacca