Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I fear his contract runs until next season. He got 3 years' date=' this is only his second. We may well just pay him off.

Priority is striker for mine. Giroud's fine as back up. He simply cost us too many points with lack of control or composure at the right time. Good player and has improved unquestionably. Problem is Bayern have Lewandoski, Real have Ronaldo, Barcelona have some decent forwards, City have Aquero, Chelsea have their double decker, United have Rooney, Juve have Tevez. We're levels below that. Giroud will not win games out of a hat.[/quote']

Well.. We have Sanchez unfortunately he had one of his worst game in Arsenal jersey. I can't think of any game changer striker we can get at the moment.

A good defensive midfielder and a left back as well I would say are needed. Coquelin did well to begin with but in the last few games he has shown the form that sent him out on loan' date=' don't think he is really good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the title.[/quote']

Yes, people should realize that Coquelin is a decent player but he will never be a world class player.

So' date=' my buyings would be three out of the following:

Kondogbia/William C.

Kurzawa/Coentrão/Alex Sandro

Icardi/Jackson Martinez/Bacca[/quote']

All the players mentioned above will not make the squad better except for maybe Kondogbia and Martinez. That's because they can provide something different from what we have in our squad.

All the players mentioned above will not make the squad better except for maybe Kondogbia and Martinez. That's because they can provide something different from what we have in our squad.

You think Gibbs is better than Kurzawa/Coentrão/Sandro?

No but what are the odds of Wenger selling Gibbs (our youth product) and Monreal who has been good this season.

Nacho can also play CB, so a good LB would be a starter and Nacho would be at the bench covering both the CB and LB eventual needs.

Nacho can also play CB.

No he can't lol. Everytimes hes played there hes been completely awful. Hes a decent lb but we can could get an improvement on him with Gibbs as back up. But hes played quite well recently at lb.

No he can't lol. Everytimes hes played there hes been completely awful. Hes a decent lb but we can could get an improvement on him with Gibbs as back up. But hes played quite well recently at lb.

Hmm yes I agree he wasn't very good, my point was there will be some great LB opportunities in the summer market, we should capitalize on that as neither Nacho nor Gibbs are good enough.

Left back isn't a priority in any way. Monreal is very good and Gibbs will do as back up. Unless someone exceptional turns up then we stay as we are there.

Striker and holding midfielder are essential. If world class strikers are thin on the ground, we make one available by throwing money at a club that they can't say no to. I said it before and i'll say it again, we'll make one staggering signing this summer. One that'll blow your knickers off.

Phew' date=' what an awful awful performance, absolute dire in the last third, but a bit of luck ensures we will end third, so we have something to be happy about.[/quote']

How come you didn't highlight the fantastic part about Arsenal being in the Europa League in your signature??

I thought that was the best bit!

How come you didn't highlight the fantastic part about Arsenal being in the Europa League in your signature??

I thought that was the best bit!

I love winding up tony to provide youall with such quotes. Not that i need bother im sure he would have said something just as stupid if i hadnt. Agree with fern :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think Giroud is great and has progressed fanastically and i sa great CF option if its that type of game. But his synopsisi of other teams is correct. Our defence is reasonable. Put our midfield names up against most even top teams and it looks competitive. But put Giroud (again love him) against names like Messi, Aguero, Lewa, Costa and even Tevez to a point and you see the difference shine through. Need a technically gifted, skillful striker whou can produce a goal out of nowhere to strike fear into the hearts of defences and turn games around like an Aguero can. Also agree with fern to do that we will have to Throw the checkbook for the 3rd season running, but i think our core is good and would rathergo spend 30M plus on a striker and improve DM maybe and that be it that 5x 10M signings and stay in the 3-4 place range.

So' date=' my buyings would be three out of the following:

Kondogbia/William C.

Kurzawa/Coentrão/Alex Sandro

Icardi/Jackson Martinez/Bacca[/quote']

None of those are better than what we already have. If we ended the summer with any three of them I'd be furious.

Cech, Schneiderlin and one of Lacazette, Higuain or Cavani for me. We don't need a LB.

Wasn't the greatest performance but that makes coming away with a point at Old Trafford that bit more impressive.

If United had a half-decent striker it could have been a different story however.

I like Coquelin but realistically it's a position we can fill with a world class holding midfielder and have Coquelin to rotate with.

We still need a Striker last few weeks have shown that, Giroud is a good finisher and will always get you goals but he's very one dimesional.

I expect players like Podolski to be sold on this summer to free up some serious wages to shell out on a couple new players.

Schneiderlin and Lacazette are two I would personally like to see come in. Lacazette reminds me of Henry in all aspects and Schneiderlin is a no nonsense midfielder who does still have the goalscoring ability.

Both would be realistic signings and both should be available for 25m each or less.

I like Coquelin but realistically it's a position we can fill with a world class holding midfielder and have Coquelin to rotate with.

We still need a Striker last few weeks have shown that' date=' Giroud is a good finisher and will always get you goals but he's very one dimesional.

I expect players like Podolski to be sold on this summer to free up some serious wages to shell out on a couple new players.

Schneiderlin and Lacazette are two I would personally like to see come in. Lacazette reminds me of Henry in all aspects and Schneiderlin is a no nonsense midfielder who does still have the goalscoring ability.

Both would be realistic signings and both should be available for 25m each or less.[/quote']

I think those 2 are probably the most likely targets for us in terms of availability, price and filling holes we need. Obviously id love better like Aguero and Matic etc etc but its not gonna happen, Id be pleased with those 2 as business, but i would still like to see us *try* for a real top 5-10 proven world striker

Hope we don't fall for the park the bus' date=' get caught on the counter attack tactic. Just need to be patient, make chances and shoot, not always pass 1000 times...

Hope that's not jinxing us either![/quote']

l have feeling it will be nervous fa cup final imaging if aston villa score first and they park the bus we will struggle to break them :mad: