Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

As funny as this is;

They've only ever been wrong twice. Granted' date=' I've only ever used them twice but still.....

As I've said before, no more porkies. Only verified information will be passed on from this point onwards.[/quote']

This makes complete sense. Looking back through Wengers transfer history, JM would be such a far cry from the norm.

The Jackson Michael rumour doesn't make any sense if you look at it logically. 24 million euros for a 29 year old is not a Wenger deal. 24 million euros for a player that's only proven in a poor league makes it even less likely. Not going to happen.

Why would you need to splash that kind of cash for yet another attacking players?

LB' date=' DM and even another CB should be priorities.[/quote']

why do we need to sign LB and CB? maybe DM it seem like every season we need a CB

coquelin has done a perfect job in DM maybe another will do and GK

Gabriel, koscielny, chambers and per thats enough CB in my view

what we need is a world class striker I will prefer jackson martinez over lacazette...martinez is a world class striker lacazette is not and he has a bad discipline record

Why would you need to splash that kind of cash for yet another attacking players?

LB' date=' DM and even another CB should be priorities.[/quote']

Because we need to upgrade on what we have. You don't win titles with Girouds. LB is nothing like a priority and you only think a CB is a priority because that's what the mickey mouse pundits keep saying.

Because we need to upgrade on what we have. You don't win titles with Girouds. LB is nothing like a priority and you only think a CB is a priority because that's what the mickey mouse pundits keep saying.

I agree with this, your main emphasis should be to get a top top CF and you should challenge for the title. Sometimes, like United the shortcomings of Arsenal are exaggerated are bit too much. Coq is really good as well and I don't think you need a DM as well.

Because we need to upgrade on what we have. You don't win titles with Girouds.

So tell me again why this concept should not be apply on your defensive department as well?

LB is nothing like a priority and you only think a CB is a priority because that's what the mickey mouse pundits keep saying.
Gibbs is younger version of Glen Johnson and Monreal is not good enough.

Good attackers might won you games, but good defenders won you title.

But of course if you were only targeted top 4, that would make perfect sense, I guess.

why do we need to sign LB and CB? maybe DM it seem like every season we need a CB

Why spend all those luxuries on position that's less important tho? Your defensive department would do with couple of addition.

coquelin has done a perfect job in DM maybe another will do and GK
Why you need another GK? Ospina should be first teamer and Sczceny is okay enough to be his backup' date=' if he happy to stay there.
Gabriel, koscielny, chambers and per thats enough CB in my view
Might enough on number, but not ability. I believe another addition in the ilks of Per and Kosc would be better than spending on another attacking midfielder, which may or may not get ahead of Sanchez, Ozil or Cazorla next season.

So tell me again why this concept should not be apply on your defensive department as well?

Gibbs is younger version of Glen Johnson and Monreal is not good enough.

Good attackers might won you games' date=' but good defenders won you title.

But of course if you were only targeted top 4, that would make perfect sense, I guess.[/quote']

According to who? Michael Owen? Jamie Carragher? He's a fantastic left back. Don't just come out with bald statements like that with nothing to back it up. Every time Monners plays for us at left back, he never lets us down. Gibbs is absolutely fine as back up. Centre back position is fine also. Gabriel will play a big role next season and will almost certainly take over PerMer. We then have a world cup winner as third choice and Chambers as fourth choice. Sorry, there is nothing wrong with that. Goalkeeper, defensive midfielder, world class striker. It's all we need. Stop making it sound like we need an over haul when we clearly don't.

According to who? Michael Owen? Jamie Carragher? He's a fantastic left back. Don't just come out with bald statements like that with nothing to back it up. Every time Monners plays for us at left back' date=' he never lets us down. Gibbs is absolutely fine as back up. Centre back position is fine also. Gabriel will play a big role next season and will almost certainly take over PerMer. We then have a world cup winner as third choice and Chambers as fourth choice. Sorry, there is nothing wrong with that. Goalkeeper, defensive midfielder, world class striker. It's all we need. Stop making it sound like we need an over haul when we clearly don't.[/quote']

Have to agree with Infernito here...

Monreal is absolutely fine at LB he rarely makes a mistake, the only thing is he is he doesn't bomb up the pitch scoring goals. He's dependable and that's what you need from defenders.

Arsenal don't need an overhaul as he says, a GK, DM and top quality striker (most important IMO) are needed.

In theory a side like this:

Cech

Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal

Schneiderlein

Ramsey Cazorla

Oxlade-------------------Sanchez

Lacazette

With CL football, a strong French contingent and Arsene Wenger I could see Lacazette as very much a Wenger signing kind of striker, pacey, French and young. The clubs link with Henry could help persuade.

Cech is probably the least realistic one of the three but if you brought them in I'd say you'd be in with a shot of pushing Chelsea further.

Have to agree with Infernito here...

Monreal is absolutely fine at LB he rarely makes a mistake' date=' the only thing is he is he doesn't bomb up the pitch scoring goals. He's dependable and that's what you need from defenders.

Arsenal don't need an overhaul as he says, a GK, DM and top quality striker (most important IMO) are needed.

In theory a side like this:

[center']Cech

Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal

Schneiderlein

Ramsey Cazorla

Oxlade-------------------Sanchez

Lacazette[/center]

With CL football, a strong French contingent and Arsene Wenger I could see Lacazette as very much a Wenger signing kind of striker, pacey, French and young. The clubs link with Henry could help persuade.

Cech is probably the least realistic one of the three but if you brought them in I'd say you'd be in with a shot of pushing Chelsea further.

Lacazette is not that good. people think he will turn out to be like aguero not a chance because they play same way and yes he scored 25 goals+ in french league and giroud did the same while he was there. if you watch the way lacazette plays there is no much different compared to remy in chelsea. lacazette against team like chelsea, West Ham and stoke he will struggle. jackson martinez is much better than lacazette and martinez has the experience

We're not interested in Schneiderlein.

You know what I mean though' date=' a player like him.

Lacazette is not that good. people think he will turn out to be like aguero not a chance because they play same way and yes he scored 25 goals+ in french league and giroud did the same while he was there. if you watch the way lacazette plays there is no much different compared to remy in chelsea. lacazette against team like chelsea, West Ham and stoke he will struggle. jackson martinez is much better than lacazette and martinez has the experience

Won't be like Aguero at all? But he's got the right physical traits of many a good PL striker and Wenger IMO would help him a lot.

Who knows, it's only hypothetical.

According to who? Michael Owen? Jamie Carragher? He's a fantastic left back. Don't just come out with bald statements like that with nothing to back it up. Every time Monners plays for us at left back' date=' he never lets us down.[/b'] Gibbs is absolutely fine as back up.

Apart from Gomis and Herrera goals, which proved to be costly - couple of points swing there. That just sprung to my mind, not sure about his costly mistake - but don't think he is good enough for Top 4 club.

Centre back position is fine also. Gabriel will play a big role next season and will almost certainly take over PerMer. We then have a world cup winner as third choice and Chambers as fourth choice. Sorry, there is nothing wrong with that. Goalkeeper, defensive midfielder, world class striker. It's all we need. Stop making it sound like we need an over haul when we clearly don't.
Not going for overhaul there, just pointing out the position need strengthening even more. Your defense are somewhat behind your attacking department.

If Arsenal could actually start buying what they really need and stop over-flooding the attacking midfield position, they might really have decent squad from GK to Striker.

Apart from Gomis and Herrera goals' date=' which proved to be costly - couple of points swing there. That just sprung to my mind, not sure about his costly mistake - but don't think he is good enough for Top 4 club.

Not going for overhaul there, just pointing out the position need strengthening even more. Your defence are somewhat behind your attacking department.

If Arsenal could actually start buying what there really need and stop over-flooding the attacking midfield position, they might really have decent squad from GK to Striker.[/quote']

The thing is what exactly is a top 4 left back or right back?

I've been thinking about this and really there are no absolutely top quality RB's or LB's in in the PL bar:

Zabaleta

Dave Azpi

This isn't just an issue in the PL thought, there are not many top class LB's or RB's in world football today, Lahm, Alaba etc are in very short supply.

Yes there are a few young players with potential, Shaw, Gaya etc but what realistically can you expect Arsenal to do to improve on their LB situation?

The only top quality LB in the PL for me is Dave Azpi(adhshdajkd). Arsenal don't need a new LB because well nobody in the league has an amazing LB so they aren't at a disadvantage and Monreal has been solid more often then not, that is good enough for top 4 because he isn't costing them points on a regular basis.

In fact who would you suggest Arsenal sign at LB that is top 4 quality and realistic, I'd be intrigued to know.

The thing is what exactly is a top 4 left back or right back?

I've been thinking about this and really there are no absolutely top quality RB's or LB's in in the PL bar:

Zabaleta

Dave Azpi

This isn't just an issue in the PL thought' date=' there are not many top class LB's or RB's in world football today, Lahm, Alaba etc are in very short supply.

Yes there are a few young players with potential, Shaw, Gaya etc but what realistically can you expect Arsenal to do to improve on their LB situation?

The only top quality LB in the PL for me is Dave Azpi(adhshdajkd). Arsenal don't need a new LB because well nobody in the league has an amazing LB so they aren't at a disadvantage and Monreal has been solid more often then not, that is good enough for top 4 because he isn't costing them points on a regular basis.

In fact who would you suggest Arsenal sign at LB that is top 4 quality and realistic, I'd be intrigued to know.[/quote']

Granted high quality LB is a rare breed, but still.

Anyone better than Monreal should be a good start, even if you can't have world class beater in that position.

Clearly asking for the exact name is kind of lazy argument, because it would pretty much need more stuff to be considered - how much money the club willing to spend, who is available on the market, is there any big clubs interested on the target, how well will he adapt into the way of club playing etc etc

Just on top of my head; Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro and maybe even Darmian.

Do you fancy Monreal over any of those guy?

Granted high quality LB is a rare breed' date=' but still.

Anyone better than Monreal should be a good start, even if you can't have world class beater in that position.

Clearly asking for the exact name is kind of lazy argument, because it would pretty much need more stuff to be considered - how much money the club willing to spend, who is available on the market, is there any big clubs interested on the target, how well will he adapt into the way of club playing etc etc

Just on top of my head;[b'] Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro[/b] and maybe even Darmian.

Do you fancy Monreal over any of those guy?

all those players you mention are very good in attacking but they defending is very questionable if you have seen them play you will know what l mean

Monreal would start for both Manchester clubs, possibly Chelsea too, though he probably doesn't take enough lumps out of people to play for them. He is a highly intelligent full back. Positions himself brilliantly, knows when to go forward and, when he does, is highly productive. He is a fantastic left back. Massively under rated. I won't hear any more of this conversation.

Rumours on that player I mentioned yesterday picking up.

Monreal would start for both Manchester clubs' date=' possibly Chelsea too, though he probably doesn't take enough lumps out of people to play for them. He is a highly intelligent full back. Positions himself brilliantly, knows when to go forward and, when he does, is highly productive. He is a fantastic left back. Massively under rated. I won't hear any more of this conversation.

[b']Rumours on that player I mentioned yesterday picking up.[/b]

Who? Michael Jackson?

Granted high quality LB is a rare breed' date=' but still.

Just on top of my head; Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro and maybe even Darmian.

Do you fancy Monreal over any of those guy?[/quote']

Yes but I don't think anyone better than Monreal is available so Arsenal shouldn't buy a new LB.

Also asking for an exact name is not a lazy argument, if you can suggest a better player for Arsenal that would improve their first XI then of course I would agree they should pursue that target. My point is it's all well and good saying they should buy a LB but if no one is available who is clearly better than Monreal what is the point? Arsenal have only just begun to get rid of those kind of mediocre players they don't want to be adding more.

I'd take Rodriguez as being better offensively but not defensively at all. Arsenal need to have balance and Rodriguez bombing forward might upset that, everyone knows how to counter Arsenal because of fullbacks getting forward but not back, at least Monreal bothers to stay back too.

The reason it's a perfectly valid argument is exactly what you are saying, if Arsenal can't find a player better than Monreal, for a decent fee, who won't go to another club then they shouldn't settle for worse or the same.

For Arsenal I'd keep Monreal on the basis that Rodriguez would cost a lot of money for a LB they don't really need and they could use that money elsewhere.

all those players you mention are very good in attacking but they defending is very questionable if you have seen them play you will know what l mean

Agreed.

I have to Agree/ go back to my stance our depth is good. We need to buy 1 or 2 players and buy GOOD. dont want 5x10M signings. Spend 50M on a DM and a Agile, skilled forward to play differently/better than Giroud. That would take us to where we need to be. The midfield is strong and defence is reasonably good and not a lot better out there tbh.