Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Yes but I don't think anyone better than Monreal is available so Arsenal shouldn't buy a new LB.

Also asking for an exact name is not a lazy argument' date=' if you can suggest a better player for Arsenal that would improve their first XI then of course I would agree they should pursue that target. My point is it's all well and good saying they should buy a LB but if no one is available who is clearly better than Monreal what is the point? Arsenal have only just begun to get rid of those kind of mediocre players they don't want to be adding more.

I'd take Rodriguez as being better offensively but not defensively at all. Arsenal need to have balance and Rodriguez bombing forward might upset that, everyone knows how to counter Arsenal because of fullbacks getting forward but not back, at least Monreal bothers to stay back too.

The reason it's a perfectly valid argument is exactly what you are saying, if Arsenal can't find a player better than Monreal, for a decent fee, who won't go to another club then they shouldn't settle for worse or the same.

For Arsenal I'd keep Monreal on the basis that Rodriguez would cost a lot of money for a LB they don't really need and they could use that money elsewhere.[/quote']

If you knew all those variable should be considered, why did you ask for names in the first place? :confused: And when I answered with reasonable replacement, you dismissed it using that variable, that's lazy argument, if I'm being honest.

Those name I mentioned is hardly mediocre, probably the name you should be looking for that bracket is Monreal himself.

Also this discussion coming from Arsenal willing to spend 60M on striker (understandable) and attacking midfielder (again), so there you go, hypothetical they have the money. So, instead of another AM, why don't they spend that on LB, DM or even another CB?

Ah, and did you not heard what fern said? He does not want to hear any of Monreal related discussion. Sorry fern, this will be the last.

If you knew all those variable should be considered' date=' why did you ask for names in the first place? :confused: And when I answered with reasonable replacement, you dismissed it using that variable, that's lazy argument, if I'm being honest.

Those name I mentioned is hardly mediocre, probably the name you should be looking for that bracket is Monreal himself.

Also this discussion coming from Arsenal willing to spend 60M on striker (understandable) and attacking midfielder (again), so there you go, hypothetical they have the money. So, instead of another AM, why don't they spend that on LB, DM or even another CB?

Ah, and did you not heard what fern said? He does not want to hear any of Monreal related discussion. Sorry fern, this will be the last.[/quote']

Just proving a point, Monreal deserves his place in the Arsenal first XI as nobody is around good enough to replace him :)

I'm not saying they are mediocre but none of them are of the standard of Monreal defensively, Arsenal have loads going forward now with Sanchez etc so they need defenders who defend.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting Arsenal should buy an AM that would be silly. They do need a ST and they need to spend it to be in with the chance of winning the league, how many LB's win the league for a side?

A DM and ST are priorities along with GK as they will severely impact the team. A GK stops goals, a DM covers the back 4 making you more solid and a ST wins you games.

Also why would I stop discussing something just because Fern doesn't want to talk about it anymore? I think he's hilarious and makes some genuinely insightful points but he's not in control :P

Anyway Arsenal are doing excellently today, well deserving of 3rd this season (any United fan that thought otherwise should be shot :P)

Theo through the middle has a hat-trick and Arsenal lead 4-0.

WBA can't handle the pace.

Came to ask as my feed is lagging and missed 2 mins and now its 4-0. Theo gets the hatty, alwasy looked likely.

Now im not saying theo is the answer, but this backs up why we need an agile alternative to Giroud. Our entire game is so much better when we arent trying to hold up ping it and cross it. The pass and move is orgasmic like the Arsenal of old.

Came to ask as my feed is lagging and missed 2 mins and now its 4-0. Theo gets the hatty' date=' alwasy looked likely.

Now im not saying theo is the answer, but this backs up why we need an agile alternative to Giroud. Our entire game is so much better when we arent trying to hold up ping it and cross it. The pass and move is orgasmic like the Arsenal of old.[/quote']

I still can't get over the fact United fans thought they had a chance to finish 3rd today :eek:

Came to ask as my feed is lagging and missed 2 mins and now its 4-0. Theo gets the hatty' date=' alwasy looked likely.

Now im not saying theo is the answer, but this backs up why we need an agile alternative to Giroud. Our entire game is so much better when we arent trying to hold up ping it and cross it. The pass and move is orgasmic like the Arsenal of old.[/quote']

Fully agree, its such a sensation to see a fresh striker upfront with pace and agility, Ive seen several plays today of how we kept possession because walcott had the pace and some of the passes arent that annoying because of it. Giroud is good for games where we need a tough strong striker upfront, but we need a smaller one. Aguero is the perfect striker like that, but obviously hes never gonna be an option.

I thought we were slaying it.

Stoke 5-0 Liverpool :eek:

Don't laugh, genuinely this is horrible for football Liverpool is such a proud club despite my inherent dislike of it even I'm finding it hard to watch.

I'm genuinely worried Gerrard might top himself at seeing this happen in his last game... absolute horror show!

By my god Arsenal! You look scary as ....

football is very unpredictable. Arsenal wins 4-1 to west brown and aston villa lose at home to burnley

FA CUP final it will be different story if arsenal don't take they chances we will lose that game. today result means nothing. what l hate is an over confident arsenal they will think the game is won on paper. I hope we see a great performance on Sunday and hopefully we retain the FA cup because it going to be Arsenal vs the world

football is very unpredictable. Arsenal wins 4-1 to west brown and aston villa lose at home to burnley

FA CUP final it will be different story if arsenal don't take they chances we will lose that game. today result means nothing. what l hate is an over confident arsenal they will think the game is won on paper. I hope we see a great performance on Sunday and hopefully we retain the FA cup because it going to be Arsenal vs the world

Yep. I think Giroud will get the nod having been there the whole campaign, and if we are going poorly by the early first half i think we will see Wally.

On the train back from the game, incredible first half and nice to see the players with their family doing the lap of appreciation. Some decent little Gooners in the making too by the looks of it.

Can anyone tell me who Theo and Jack celebrated their goals with, couldn't see from where I was sitting but I would guess it was Shad Forsythe?

Can anyone tell me who Theo and Jack celebrated their goals with' date=' couldn't see from where I was sitting but I would guess it was Shad Forsythe?[/quote']

Team physiotherapist Declan Lynch, who’s departing at the end of the season.