Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

If only we could manage to keep Wilshere fit for a whole season.

If wishes were fishes, the world would be an ocean...

That made no sense whatsoever, but hopefully it did make some sense...

I'm speaking Tony language here, in case you were wondering...

If wishes were fishes' date=' the world would be an ocean...

I'm speaking Tony language here, in case you were wondering...[/quote']

haha :P

I do believe there is a place for Wilshere in the Arsenal starting 11 but he needs to keep himself focused on football and more importantly himself injury free.

I'm speaking [b']Tony language here[/b], in case you were wondering...

Not even close...

If wishes were fishes, Ronaldo Bale and United win GGMU TAKE DE GEA WITH YOU!! dkagsfkahown United rulez ahsdkhah LVG JEENUIS!^^&

Not even close...

If wishes were fishes' date=' Ronaldo Bale and United win GGMU TAKE DE GEA WITH YOU!! dkagsfkahown United rulez ahsdkhah LVG JEENUIS!^^&[/quote']

and everyone else is either a useless lot or miserable lot :rolleyes::P

I'm speaking Tony language here, in case you were wondering...[/quote']

Shut it.

Walcott reserving his one useful performance for a dead rubber just before a cup final. Funny that. Hopefully he enjoys it at Liverpool.

Very good performance, needed that before the final.

Very tough decision to who plays up front on Saturday. (Walcott / Giroud). Personally would want Giroud despite the huge stick hes getting from some fans. Walcott was great today and will be a very good impact sub if required. Same with Jack.

Szczesny - Bellerin - Mert - Kosc - Monreal - Coq - Santi - Rambo - Alexis - Giroud - Ozil

(Prefer Ospina but Szcz usually plays cup games this year).

Looking forward to next weekend :D

Very interesting that Walcott played up front' date='I wonder if that is something Wenger will do more often next season.If so,[b']it could leave Welbeck looking for a new club again[/b].

Why do you say that? Welbeck is not restricted to the central forward slot, plus he was great in some games this season, better than Walcott yesterday.

Why do you say that? Welbeck is not restricted to the central forward slot' date=' plus he was great in some games this season, better than Walcott yesterday.[/quote']

I don't seem to even remember one game where he was better? and I can certainly seem him finding a new club but it may well be too early but he came to play in the CF spot at Arsenal otherwise he would have never left United, LvG not wanting him played a part though.

I don't seem to even remember one game where he was better? and I can certainly seem him finding a new club but it may well be too early but he came to play in the CF spot at Arsenal otherwise he would have never left United' date=' LvG not wanting him played a part though.[/quote']

Well he never did score a hattrick, but when fit he played some good games mainly between August and November at the start of the season. I recall one specifically at the UCL group stage, plus an England match away in Switzerland.

And there was that memorable away match at United immediatyl after returing from injury which he started, he wasn't having the best of games but then scored the winner following an offering from Rafael

Well he never did score a hattrick' date=' but when fit he played some good games mainly between August and November at the start of the season. I recall one specifically at the UCL group stage, plus an England match away in Switzerland.

And there was that memorable away match at United immediatyl after returing from injury which he started, he wasn't having the best of games but then scored the winner following an offering from [b']Rafael[/b]

Isn't it Valencia?

Anyway,

Feler, apparently the man who broke news of Alexis Sanchez's move to Arsenal, Tweeted: "After the Copa America in Chile, it will be made official the arrival of Arturo Vidal to Arsenal.

"Everything is closed. Alexis [sanchez] will partner him."

The midfielder also shares an agent, Fernando Felicevich, with Sanchez.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arturo-vidal-to-arsenal-gunners-will-wait-until-after-copa-america-to-sign-juventus-star-10274286.html

Not that I actually will believe it until I see a player officially signed but if we do perhaps he can take over Coquelin place and complete our midfield?

Isn't it Valencia?

Anyway' date='

Feler, apparently the man who broke news of Alexis Sanchez's move to Arsenal, Tweeted: "After the Copa America in Chile, it will be made official the arrival of Arturo Vidal to Arsenal.

"Everything is closed. Alexis [sanchez'] will partner him."

The midfielder also shares an agent, Fernando Felicevich, with Sanchez.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arturo-vidal-to-arsenal-gunners-will-wait-until-after-copa-america-to-sign-juventus-star-10274286.html

Not that I actually will believe it until I see a player officially signed but if we do perhaps he can take over Coquelin place and complete our midfield?

Vidal + Striker would be tremendous business and have is actually with decent odds witht he bookies for a title tilt id say. Not favourites, But Damn if we got Vidal and a great striker and we couldnt win the league, It would absolutely be a failure. Vidal - Ramsey -Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez and someone to score 25 goals. If that team cant win titles we deserve nothing.

Vidal + Striker would be tremendous business and have is actually with decent odds witht he bookies for a title tilt id say. Not favourites' date=' But Damn if we got Vidal and a great striker and we couldnt win the league, It would absolutely be a failure. Vidal - Ramsey -Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez and someone to score 25 goals. If that team cant win titles we deserve nothing.[/quote']

That's if though..

Just can't see us signing a striker at the moment with Theo and Welbeck as backup.. Wenger seems to have a soft spot or some sort of complex with Giroud.