Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Bloody quote tab doesn't work for me, Ozil displaces Rambo at No. 10, Ox takes RW over Walcott and finally Alexis takes over the vacant LW slot Cech Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal Cazorla-Coq Ox-Ozil-Alexis Giroud Strongest starting 11, Rambo on the bench is a pretty crazy thing tho, can't see him displacing the midfield pivots in Coq and Cazorla, and this year IMO is the year for Ox to really realize his glaring potential and hopefully stay fit for the most part. Ozil at No.10 is mainly because he showed what he could do in the league's final couple of months down the middle rather than at LM in a 4-1-4-1 system. Alexis, well he could play pretty much in the hole, RW, LW, false nine(although slightly more ineffective) and still be a threat....

Arsenal Board saying they have £200mil available to spend but still haven't and prob wont use it - missed out on Vidal' date=' Schneiderlain, Martinez, Schweingster, Bacca etc[/quote']

We were never seriously in for the aforementioned players other than Schneiderlin.... Bacca doesn't improve our team, neither does Martinez or Schweini(great as he is), another deep lying playmaker of Schweini's ilk is the last thing we need, Santi is pretty hard to displace on top form, tbh, Schneiderlin woulda been great but Coq does the job just as well.....besides, that money in reserve doesn't mean all of it is for purchases.... It'd be naive and stupid to think so too...The transfer kitty is for a top notch ST, that's it....

PS, you seem to have this notion that every club is in for players you have currently purchased(having read your exploits and 'banter' on the Liverpool thread), I'm interested to know why you feel you have to one up another club and keep score on which club beat out which to a certain transfer?

Arsenal Board saying they have £200mil available to spend but still haven't and prob wont use it - missed out on Vidal' date=' Schneiderlain, Martinez, Schweingster, Bacca etc[/quote']

We probably wetre looking atr Martinez, and no doubt wed have liked VidaL BUT I DONT THINK THAT WAS EVER REALLY CONSIDERED. Schneiderlin only real miss there. I am really just hoping Benzema. If we can just haz him we can challenge for the title. there are other signings that will do that, i just feel like Benz is the most realistic bet. I am certainly not olding my breath. If it does happen it will be a deadline day specuial no doubt as Arsene likes to haggle himself out of time and then stump up at the last second.

This game, is a catch 22....win and people will put this down as a glorified friendly with no bearing on the title challenge and with stats pointing out only 9 winners of the shield outta the past 22 go on to win the title,it's hard to disagree....if Arsenal lose, they are castigated.... Chelsea win, then everybody points out their dominance...they lose, everybody states that it's a friendly....no real win for Arsenal....am I being too pessimistic?

This game' date=' is a catch 22....win and ppl will put this down as a glorified friendly with no bearing on the title challenge and with stats pointing out only 9 winners of the shield outta the past 22 go on to win the title,it's hard to disagree....if arsenal lose, they are castigated.... Chelsea win, then everybody points out their dominance...they lose, everybody states that it's a friendly....no real wim for Arsenal[/quote']

From a Chelsea point of view,I would be seriously concerned about Costas hamstring injury..

Where was Chelsea width and organisation? all I kept seeing was Chelsea full backs coming in to earlier and 1 pass from Arsenal and their wingers were in. Even Gibbs could of scored and that is once in a full moon.

Chelsea doesn't look sharp, Arsenal looked solid

From a Chelsea point of view' date='I would be seriously concerned about Costas hamstring injury..[/quote']

This. Remy and Falcao, although he may be given time to adapt do NOT inspire confidence... IMO.... I would a thought maybe that if Griezmann came in, then Costa's inevitable injuries would be catered for by his goals....

3 Talking points.

Walcott and Giroud are both very good player, but I still think we need an upgrade for this position.

Cech will definitely be one of our most important player, His presence is one main reason I won't be getting heart attack when we face corners and free kicks.

Maybe we really do not need a holding midfield, Coquelin is doing really well, and we can see him improving day by day.