Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Well Arsenal have been very naive tactically in the past against Chelsea' date='they seemed to learn at last.Although I still don't know how Hazard missed his chance![/quote']

Indeed its nice to not pay gung ho all the time and actually hang on to victories, although we were doing that last season towards the end too though. A plan B never hurts.

Indeed its nice to not pay gung ho all the time and actually hang on to victories' date=' although we were doing that last season towards the end too though. A plan B never hurts. [/quote']

If Arsenal are to win the title,they defo need that plan b,too many times they went gung-ho away to the top teams and got battered,beaten after 20mins.You defo have to keep it tight for the first 30mins or so,obviously if they other side are off their game,then perhaps you could change your approach..

I haven't seen the Cech gesture but is it safe to say it was probably a quick gesture in to the camera and not him doing the limbo around the stadium on every tier?

From a Chelsea point of view,I thought he over-celebrated.It was his first competitive(sort of) game for Arsenal,and it was against Chelsea,he was at Chelsea a long time,I think he could have showed a little bit more respect,especially if you consider that Chelsea let him join Arsenal,they didn't have to do that..

From a Chelsea point of view' date='I thought he over-celebrated.It was his first competitive(sort of) game for Arsenal,and it was against Chelsea,he was at Chelsea a long time,I think he could have showed a little bit more respect,especially if you consider that Chelsea let him join Arsenal,they didn't have to do that..[/quote']

Fair enough.

On another note Wilshere is our new Diaby. Out 6 - 8 weeks. :/

1st goal - Cech should of let the Defence deal with it, If he came out he had to win the ball. Still if he never came out, that West ham player would of still of that header, Arsenal Defence, where r they?

2nd goal - no only closed down Zarate, they all stood there, you need to see how much space he had

Arsenal - Pass, Pass, Pass, final 3rd wanna finish of with the perfect goal. Arsenal need to grind results

The most infuriating player on the pitch was, hands down, Mesut Özil - I mean, will this guy ever gain consistency? It's one thing having a bad game in terms of trying audacious stuff and failing, but it's a totally different thing leisurely strolling the pitch and playing with no urgency whatsoever. Disgraceful performance. Walcott was absolutely hopeless too.

From West Ham's POV, today's performance could very well see them earn a top seven spot. Payet and Ogbonna were electrifying; Kouyate and Sakho were excellent too. Reece Oxford looks like the real deal.

The most infuriating player on the pitch was' date=' hands down, Mesut Özil - I mean, will this guy ever gain consistency? It's one thing having a bad game in terms of trying audacious stuff and failing, but it's a totally different thing leisurely strolling the pitch and playing with no urgency whatsoever. Disgraceful performance. Walcott was absolutely hopeless too.

From West Ham's POV, today's performance could very well see them earn a top seven spot. Payet and [b']Ogbonna[/b] were electrifying; Kouyate and Sakho were excellent too. Reece Oxford looks like the real deal.

I agree with you, but Ogbonna can look clumsy at times, maybe it's match fitness but idk

This IMO needs to line up against Crystal Palace.....Bellerin in for Debuchy, Cazorla back in the middle with Coquelin, Alexis takes his place on the left with Rambo dropping to the bench until form decides otherwise, Ox on the right and Olly or Theo up top depending on the nature of the opposition, this Rambo-Coq pivot with Cazorla on the left is asking for trouble......Cazorla had some of his best moments in the jersey along with Coq, dunno why Arsene changed that.....We need Welbeck back in a hurry too, since Theo isn't playing like a 140k a week ST, we need Danny's work rate, directness and urgency.......