Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Do you know something' date=' I feel in a devilish mood. I merely popped my head through the door as I wanted to find somewhere where I could avoid thinking about Cech. Now I'm here, I feel like abusing the SM people. Yes, yeeeeeeessssss, I think I'll stick around.[/quote']

Good to see you back fern. Its a little quiet theses days with teh changes but tis getteing betetr with improvements, peole poking back in and football season being in.

feel free to post your satirical, semi depressing and amusing comments, I Hvae missed both your Lunacy, obvious trolling and occasional insightful post. welcome back old mate.

Good win by the lads. Pretty cracking goal by palace. Very dangerous looking in the first half, didnt really look very shiny in the second half though so a lot of worries going forward but youll take the 3 points, good to see Ozil going MotM in all likelihood created 5 clear chances and an Assist. Sanchez was so good first half but got tired and really was a bit uncharacteristically lazy not getting goalside for the goal.

Our start doesn't seem so bad with Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea all having shockers......now a solid win streak is required maybe 5 or so straight wins...although to do that, we need to solve our current goalscoring malaise.....perhaps Danny can offer something different by offering the pace of Walcott coupled with the aerial prowess of Giroud....

I did a comparison matrix on Squawka comparing Le Coq with Matic, Schneiderlin, Fernandinho and Milner:-

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...uels_won_%#avg

I for one do not quite understand the constant negativity and criticism that we get regarding the DM situation....we need BACKUP IMO not a replacement for Coq...Coq has the best stats thus far when compared to his more storied contemporaries yet he has played the least minutes...I tried to include the stats relevant to a DM's duties....Think Coq is the winner in SIX of the NINE categories....just goes to show, that one of the reasons the others are perceived as superior is the fact that a transfer fee was paid for the others while Le Coq was an unfashionable in-house solution....

The issue at DM is that Coq can't do it all alone. All of the players you mention (bar Matic) have partners that are somewhat defensive in Yaya, Schweinsteiger and Henderson. Cazorla is a fantastic player but he definitely shouldn't be in the deeper layer of midfield. It's not a role that suits him and he's a bit wasted there really.

Arsenal don't really have a player suited to that role. Wilshere is never fit, Arteta isn't good enough, Ramsey's better further forwards.

One that might work is Ox. I think he played there last season against Bayern and bossed it. He's got the energy to get box to box and the tenacity to make a difference defensively.

Great to finally have Cech wrapped up but I have a feeling we might not sign anymore players. Wenger will say we will only sign "top' date=' top quality" and will end up signing no one :([/quote']

That was my post on July 1st !

Even though I saw it coming I'm still annoyed :mad:

Well this is one of the games we really need to be winning to top the group and avoid another probable 16 exit. I think we should obviously still Qualify but if we were gonna get over Bayern we need to win Home and Away against Dinamo and Probably 6 points v Olypiakos too. Pretty much settled for 2nd already now and thats not ended well in recent years :(

At this rate, Costa can get away with murder with a slap on the wrist. Clearly he was looking to rile Kos...how he's not sent off after giving him a facial idk... But noooo....typical, proverbial, clichéd disgusting performance by the ref.Gabriel should know better but Costa is no doubt a genius at the dark arts....shame a talented player of his calibre resorts to this level of underhandedness....Wenger should really drill this team to know what brazenly nefarious tactics will be used every matchday against Chelsea. Why am I not surprised?

At this rate' date=' Costa can get away with murder with a slap on the wrist. Clearly he was looking to rile Kos...how he's not sent off after giving him a facial idk... But noooo....typical, proverbial, clichéd disgusting performance by the ref.Gabriel should know better but Costa is no doubt a genius at the dark arts....shame a talented player of his calibre resorts to this level of underhandedness....Wenger should really drill this team to know what brazenly nefarious tactics will be used every matchday against Chelsea. Why am I not surprised?[/quote']

You know what even more gonna annoy Arsenal fans? FA is prob going to take no action to Costa

Referees need to get out there cards more on Costa - if they do, i bet Costa will leave English football

Mourinho saying - Costa needs to play like this each week is a laugh and he didn't take off Costa because of it and the kick out on Ox. Laugh he talks about emotion in derbies, Costa emotion?

Arsenal lacks a Patrick Vieira or a Sol Campbell' date=' players that guys like 40 year old Costa wouldn't mess around.[/quote']

It's never a good sign when a side relies on referees to keep a guy in check and not have their game unravel.

One can be of any opinion of Costa, but when it all comes down, the most certain way of solving that problem is to have a guy of your own to intimidate opponents

England is a tough league, where more toughness is allowed than in almost all the other leagues in the world (believe me, I've watched plenty recently and not just leagues in Europe...in other places players flop around wildly and often are able to get the red cards and penalties they seek. Not in England though!). Teams need to adjust accordingly to the English climate and not have teams that are softer than toilet paper.

It's never a good sign when a side relies on referees to keep a guy in check and not have their game unravel.

One can be of any opinion of Costa' date=' but when it all comes down, the most certain way of solving that problem is to have a guy of your own to intimidate opponents

England is a tough league, where more toughness is allowed than in almost all the other leagues in the world (believe me, I've watched plenty recently and not just leagues in Europe...in other places players flop around wildly and often are able to get the red cards and penalties they seek. Not in England though!). Teams need to adjust accordingly to the English climate and not have teams that are softer than toilet paper.[/quote']

This situation has NOTHING to do with being soft, if anything, it was an even game until that fracas instigated by Costa....what decided this game was a typically weak performance by the ref that enabled a player who had enough off the ball incidents to be sent off at least thrice to stay on with a mere yellow for his transgressions... Critics argue that Arsenal is soft, the one time someone stands up to shenanigans, he is sent off and is accused of taking bait, what do the critics want then? Costa has been pulling these stunts for weeks without punishment and this time nobody would stand for it...what happens? A farce of a ref performance. Pretty ironic then, a player who's fouled as much as Cazorla and is probably the least intimidating player on the pitch sees Red, yet somehow, Costa stays on. What was the difference between what Gab did and what Costa did to Ox? DOUBLE STANDARDS and weakness from the ref...

Quite apt then that Mourinho thinks that Costa was the MoM...course he was, his shenanigans changed the game...

From 2009-15, under Mike Dean's refereeing,

Arsenal, played 25, won 6, drawn 8, lost 11 for a 24% win percentage.

Chelsea, played 29, won 16, drawn 9 and lost 3 for a 55% win percentage.

City, played 27, won 15, drawn 7, lost 5 for a 56% win percentage.

United, played 21, won 10, drawn 6, lost 5 for a 48% win percentage.

Now, Arsenal's win percentage since 2009 is 57%, therefore it is quite evident that there is bias. How can Arsenal's win percentage be so far removed from the others?

From 2009-15' date=' under Mike Dean's refereeing,

Arsenal, played 25, won 6, drawn 8, lost 11 for a 24% win percentage.

Chelsea, played 29, won 16, drawn 9 and lost 3 for a 55% win percentage.

City, played 27, won 15, drawn 7, lost 5 for a 56% win percentage.

United, played 21, won 10, drawn 6, lost 5 for a 48% win percentage.

Now, Arsenal's win percentage since 2009 is 57%, therefore it is quite evident that there is bias. How can Arsenal's win percentage be so far removed from the others?[/quote']

most of those loses were big games where you buckled under the pressure and Wenger refused to be pragmatic for the sake of attractive football.