Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

This situation has NOTHING to do with being soft' date=' if anything, it was an even game until that fracas instigated by Costa....what decided this game was a typically weak performance by the ref that enabled a player who had enough off the ball incidents to be sent off at least thrice to stay on with a mere yellow for his transgressions... Critics argue that Arsenal is soft, the one time someone stands up to shenanigans, he is sent off and is accused of taking bait, what do the critics want then? Costa has been pulling these stunts for weeks without punishment and this time nobody would stand for it...what happens? A farce of a ref performance. Pretty ironic then, a player who's fouled as much as Cazorla and is probably the least intimidating player on the pitch sees Red, yet somehow, Costa stays on. What was the difference between what Gab did and what Costa did to Ox? DOUBLE STANDARDS and weakness from the ref...

Quite apt then that Mourinho thinks that Costa was the MoM...course he was, his shenanigans changed the game...[/quote']

As I said, never leave it to the referee because the ref won't save you every time. Have a guy of your own who can match him in his own game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...dark-arts.html

When your own team mate calls you a cheat you know you've gone too far.

hahaha taken out of context - its even worded wrong - he said he likes to cheat to put the opposition off their game.

“Everybody knows Diego' date='” [/color']he told beIN Sports after the Arsenal match. “This guy likes to cheat a lot and put the opponent out of his game. That happened in the game. But he’s a real nice guy in the life and we are very proud to have him.”

From 2009-15' date=' under Mike Dean's refereeing,

Arsenal, played 25, won 6, drawn 8, lost 11 for a 24% win percentage.

(Against Top 6 - won 3 loss 9 draw 6)

Chelsea, played 29, won 16, drawn 9 and lost 3 for a 55% win percentage.

City, played 27, won 15, drawn 7, lost 5 for a 56% win percentage.

United, played 21, won 10, drawn 6, lost 5 for a 48% win percentage.

Looked up and stats look right but look at against top 6 - and you played Chelsea 5 times(2 draws 3 losses), it either been 0-0 or 2-0(I think)

hahaha taken out of context - its even worded wrong - he said he likes to cheat to put the opposition off their game.

“Everybody knows Diego' date='” [/color']he told beIN Sports after the Arsenal match. “This guy likes to cheat a lot and put the opponent out of his game. That happened in the game. But he’s a real nice guy in the life and we are very proud to have him.”

You just replaced 'and' with 'to'. You put he said he cheats 'to' put the opposition off their game but in your quote he says he cheats 'and' puts the opponent out of his game.

Anyway regardless cheating is cheating.

I'm glad Costa has been charged even if it means Gabriel has been to. At least Costa hasn't got away with it this time.

Luckily for Cazorla all this Coata and Gabriel business has deflected a lot of attention away from his awful challenge on Fabregas' date=' easily a red card offence on it's own![/quote']

That was the worst incident in the whole match and that is sort of my point,while we are on Cazorla,I think Arsenal should move him to that number 10 position,drop Ozil,put Ramsey back in the middle he is a waste on right wing..

That was the worst incident in the whole match and that is sort of my point' date='while we are on Cazorla,I think Arsenal should move him to that number 10 position,drop Ozil,put Ramsey back in the middle he is a waste on right wing..[/quote']

Funny enough i hadnt commented but this is Hyperbole in the first section but correct in its sentiments. Costa was a scumbag and got what he desereved post match but that dfoesnt help us now unfortunatly. Ref didnt see Costa on Kos so fair enough although that was easily a yellow min, But after the carry on he shuld have gave both red cards and let the game continue 10v10 and win lose or draw not have completely ruined a game with ref influence. They both deserved a sending off for their nonsense and we could have enjoyed a still competitive game.

Comedy at Arsenal atm

Letting in 2 poor corners

Taxi for Ospina

This forum is deal alas or else there could have been some top banter with the ups and downs of various clubs at the moment this season. I come here and see no one posting and can barely make the effort myself. Need to find an alive forum!

As for Arsenal the problem is we never fix the problems we always have and they're part and parcel of the Wenger reign now. It seems the only way to fix them is a change of manager and probably some of the board, if not the owner who is happy so long as he profits.

You cant keep charging top ticket prices for a 4th placed team. Alas it might take a dreadful season for things to shift.

Honestly it'll take a miracle for Arsenal to go forward now' date=' two games against a red-hot Bayern will be a killer. [/quote']

Sure they're in form, but I wouldn't even say they're red hot. They're simply so much of a better team than most teams that are around. Having watched plenty of them and all the other recognized top sides this season, I can say they're head and shoulders above others at the moment, including that Spanish double act.

That being said, Dortmund has been quite impressive too in their ability to create chances, but not really in the same conversation with Bayern

Arsenal needs Draws on matchday 3 and 4 for Olympiacos and Zagreb and to hope to do the near impossible and beat Bayern

Arsene needs to explain a lot- he had a £200mil budget this summer according to some media

All Wenger can keep saying, we were close to signing.......

Is the Wenger In/Out debate gonna start soon?

Arsenal needs Draws on matchday 3 and 4 for Olympiacos and Zagreb and to hope to do the near impossible and beat Bayern

Arsene needs to explain a lot- he had a £200mil budget this summer according to some media

All Wenger can keep saying' date=' we were close to signing.......

Is the Wenger In/Out debate gonna start soon?[/quote']

The debate never really stops, it just gets louder when things go bad.

Absolutely stunning performance all through the starting XI. What happened on Wednesday? Take that LvG, for that smug aura pre-game.

Blitzkrieg, I believe they call it.......so many star performers, Alexis, Ozil, Coq, Nacho, Cech, Gab.....At this rate, we might as well tank Champs and focus on the league.....standing ovation lads

Get In!!!!

Absolutely amazing game what a Hailstorm we unleashed early. Absolutely shell shocked them, Ramsey the only player not to be at least an 8/10 for me could have made it 4. united improved after half time but it was too late and we sat back and didnt do anything too stupid, that said we still looked like picking up a 4th late. Just a stunning game and at 2:00am Kick off here im sure my neighbours are very upset (my sleeping wife was) as by the time the third went in i was straight up screaming.

Absolutely terrific performance all through the pitch.....Ozil's on a purple streak, Theo didn't score but his movement wreaked havoc....lost for words with the strides made by the Coq and Bellerin..may they be mainstays in the club for a long time....How imperious were Kos, Per and Nachoooo??? How gratifying is it having a truly world class GK? Hats off to Petr Cech......Love how Neville suggested that we don't have game plans and we just turn up....with a performance like that, no way we didn't plan comprehensively for Bayern....

Absolutely terrific performance all through the pitch.....Ozil's on a purple streak' date=' Theo didn't score but his movement wreaked havoc....lost for words with the strides made by the Coq and Bellerin..may they be mainstays in the club for a long time....How imperious were Kos, Per and Nachoooo??? How gratifying is it having a truly world class GK? Hats off to Petr Cech......Love how Neville suggested that we don't have game plans and we just turn up....with a performance like that, no way we didn't plan comprehensively for Bayern....[/quote']

Indeed, a fantastic and well fought performance. It will be interesting to see if we can follow that up with a win today. Everton are tough to beat, but this is a big game and as long as our players are up for it we can win.