Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Call it as I see it, Al. If somebody's useless and plays for Arsenal i.e  Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Welbeck, Giroud etc. I shall call them useless. Might come as a shock to some but I think Koscielny's had a very average season, by his standards. Not helped by playing with Per Mer instead of Gabbers or the absence of Coquelin, he's still made daft mistakes. He'll come good again but his form is something of a concern.

Shaw's fat with a bad attitude. Monners is intelligent, defensively solid and productive attacking. The fact he isn't the quickest shows how good he actually is.

I find this funny, Shaw isn't fat lol he only 3kg more than Peter crouch look-a-like and never seen his bad attitude

Shaw is intelligent, solid defensive and fast and productive attacking wise but shame on his injury

I find this funny, Shaw isn't fat lol he only 3kg more than Peter crouch look-a-like and never seen his bad attitude

Shaw is intelligent, solid defensive and fast and productive attacking wise but shame on his injury

Are we talking about the same Shaw who failed to hold down a starting spot at United?

Your going off 10 games that Shaw is the best left back in the league.... Get out of here lol.

Monreal has proven to be the best left back in the premier league at the moment. I honestly believe that. He has been extremely consistent, in both his defending and attacking.

You have to wonder what Gibbs will do. He is now 26 years old, the days of being a "Hot Prospect" are over. Albeit Monreal is now 29, but would Gibbs stay much longer being the age he is at 2nd choice? I can see him moving on and being a great left back for a good team. He was just too inconsistent and nervous for my liking, I could't see him starting for a team able to win the league.

Thoughts?

Gibbs was just injury prone at times(mainly back issues I think)

I don't know how well Arsenal are with the league rules with certain players being trained at club etc to sell Gibbs

All I don't understand atm is how Keown and Henry can pick Sanchez in their team of the season so far - so baised

Injuries certainly did not help his cause, but he was always suspect to mistakes. He loves Arsenal, so by no means am I wishing him out as he is a great 2nd choice but I can see him going for the sake of his career. He won't get a sniff with England if he doesn't play.

Bellerin on the other side has also proven to be absolute quality. Debuchy will leave meaning we surely have to sign another right back. Am I the only one who doesn't entirely trust Chambers yet?? Great potential but if we want to win the league we definitly need a better back up to Bellerin.

Gibbo is an interesting one. With Monreal new contract anmd him being 26, i wouldnt begrudge him leaving he has the talent to make a decent name somewhere. but English players rarely go to a big foreign club, and i dont think he wants to be that guy who does a RVP or Nasri etc (abeit far less merc). Shaw at United is young, Dont think hed move a city player. Chelsea nah dont think he is the next Cashley. He would be a good fit for Pool and as they are A) not actually rivals these days and B) not a club who have had a transfer issue with us like United, City or Chelsea.. I think that move makes the most sense for him, us and them unless he goes to a mid table side or tries a different league (or stays).

Monreal is certainly the best left back this season. No one comes close really.

On Gibbs, he's an important player in the squad and a counts as a home grown player. I would not want to sell him.

Take his goal in the NL derby - that was vital.

On the other side of defence it looks like Debuchy is on his way.

It seems Jenko will replace him with what Bilic said after bringing in Byram. He gave away another pen today against City, he does tend to give a few.

But I suppose he's an upgrade on Debuchy.

On another topic, did anyone see Jon Toral scoring a cracker for Birmingham today? 

Maybe he could come in to the first team next season replacing Rosicky if he leaves. Although perhaps he needs a loan spell in the PL.

Not sure why people are being so generous to Gibbs. The bloke's a walking disaster of a footballer. Interest in the kid from Leicester would tell me Wenger's ready to wash his hands on him.

I always remember that argument with a certain Liverpool fan's whose name rhymes with Fay I had. Gibbs is better than Monreal he said. He's quicker and better going forward he said. No, he's not, I said. He's a pile of dog poo, I said. Now look. Lesson, never have an argument with me because In the long term, i'll prove you a fool.

• 4 weeks later...