Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Well for the first time i feel myself losing fatih in Wenger. not for the teams performances per se, becuase thats not always his fault. His number one thign has always been the inabaility to buy but Alexis, Cech and Ozil in recent years is a big improvement. Striker in the summer though or OMG ill lose it.

Where my eventual loss of faith is stemming form is some of these tactical ddecisions of late. I wont write too much, But he subs Welbz who was our only decent looking attacking outlet at OT for Iwobi when we are behind..... then he takes off our MotM Campbell at 60 od minutes in another game hanging in the balance. I liked welbz coming on, but Alexis needed to go off, Maybe Giroud for Welbz was an option but Campbell. 2 weeks in a row he has subbed off our best player when its a close game that we are not winning yet. IT makes me furious. Add in Flamini vs Barca and im starting to think maybe he is losing it.

From the VERY limited times I've seen Iwobi he looks awful... is he actually any good? Can't believe he's being subbed on lately

Looked lively in cameo a couple of times, and has really had some promising games in the FA cup. I dont mind him coming off the bench in all honesty, he is at about that level in his development. but only later in games and certainly no in ones where it hangs in the balance over other, better options.

Well for the first time i feel myself losing fatih in Wenger. not for the teams performances per se, becuase thats not always his fault. His number one thign has always been the inabaility to buy but Alexis, Cech and Ozil in recent years is a big improvement. Striker in the summer though or OMG ill lose it.

Where my eventual loss of faith is stemming form is some of these tactical ddecisions of late. I wont write too much, But he subs Welbz who was our only decent looking attacking outlet at OT for Iwobi when we are behind..... then he takes off our MotM Campbell at 60 od minutes in another game hanging in the balance. I liked welbz coming on, but Alexis needed to go off, Maybe Giroud for Welbz was an option but Campbell. 2 weeks in a row he has subbed off our best player when its a close game that we are not winning yet. IT makes me furious. Add in Flamini vs Barca and im starting to think maybe he is losing it.

Striker?! That is the least of your worries. Your defence is pitiful and you have no strong characters to command the team, when Monreal is one of your better defenders you know it's time to worry!

Striker?! That is the least of your worries. Your defence is pitiful and you have no strong characters to command the team, when Monreal is one of your better defenders you know it's time to worry!

Koscielny is an absolute boss and walks into and CB pairing in the prem. Mert and him used to work in perfect harmony but it has dropped off a bit. But i realise you dont watch every single game like i do, much like i could hardly comment on Stokes fundamental problems. The issue is more in midfield recovery. Koscielny has been good, although admittedly his paring has been challenging at times. Bellerin great, Monreal best he has been. Midfield helping them out though. Nah. We have a midfield that is very lazy defensively. Ramsey a massive culprit. Only Le Coq hauls back. Alexis is deceiving, When you see him near a defender he is dogged, and makes this energetic display, but too often he is not there to hepl Nacho at all and they cut inside and find space.

Converting Chances has 100% been Arsenal's #1 problme this year, Statistically one of the worse conversion ratios form chances created to goals. Althugh we need an improvement in defending as a squad, we really really need to finsih more chances. If you had watched Swansea prime example. Although they scored 2, one was from a LEgit (not biased - eeven both commentators stunned) missed FK that was passed like a dream. The second goal a rare Cech error. you could lump that one a little with defenders but Cech called, came, and bungeld it. (N.B has been great this season though). Now theyu really never ever looked like scoring apart form this, we shut them out well. Now alexis has a fresh airy on a 1-1 volley, Giroud hits the bar from a tap in 8 yards out, the post and bar where hit agian for a total of 3 times, Ozil also an embarrasing fresh airy aswell. Had we converted outr dominance we would have been out of sight, I again remember even the commentators remarking on it as neutrals that Swans should be already out of it.

TL;DR  - We convert chances to goals at one of the worst ratios in the league and missing chances is costing us games in a big way. I love Girod but any dollar spent must be a Lethal goal scorer.

Koscielny is an absolute boss and walks into and CB pairing in the prem. Mert and him used to work in perfect harmony but it has dropped off a bit. But i realise you dont watch every single game like i do, much like i could hardly comment on Stokes fundamental problems. The issue is more in midfield recovery. Koscielny has been good, although admittedly his paring has been challenging at times. Bellerin great, Monreal best he has been. Midfield helping them out though. Nah. We have a midfield that is very lazy defensively. Ramsey a massive culprit. Only Le Coq hauls back. Alexis is deceiving, When you see him near a defender he is dogged, and makes this energetic display, but too often he is not there to hepl Nacho at all and they cut inside and find space.

Converting Chances has 100% been Arsenal's #1 problme this year, Statistically one of the worse conversion ratios form chances created to goals. Althugh we need an improvement in defending as a squad, we really really need to finsih more chances. If you had watched Swansea prime example. Although they scored 2, one was from a LEgit (not biased - eeven both commentators stunned) missed FK that was passed like a dream. The second goal a rare Cech error. you could lump that one a little with defenders but Cech called, came, and bungeld it. (N.B has been great this season though). Now theyu really never ever looked like scoring apart form this, we shut them out well. Now alexis has a fresh airy on a 1-1 volley, Giroud hits the bar from a tap in 8 yards out, the post and bar where hit agian for a total of 3 times, Ozil also an embarrasing fresh airy aswell. Had we converted outr dominance we would have been out of sight, I again remember even the commentators remarking on it as neutrals that Swans should be already out of it.

TL;DR  - We convert chances to goals at one of the worst ratios in the league and missing chances is costing us games in a big way. I love Girod but any dollar spent must be a Lethal goal scorer.

You're right, your midfield is as bad as your defence.

How you are in front I will never know, Spurs have dominated. They have so much time and space in the middle of the park, zero pressure or challenge to get the ball back. Everyone keeps standing off, backing up until they get into the box and then hoping they are standing in the way when a Spurs player has a shot.

Bellerin is obviously a secret Spurs fan, giving the ball away at will and Gibbs is nearly as clumsy as Mertesacker.

You're right, your midfield is as bad as your defence.

How you are in front I will never know, Spurs have dominated. They have so much time and space in the middle of the park, zero pressure or challenge to get the ball back. Everyone keeps standing off, backing up until they get into the box and then hoping they are standing in the way when a Spurs player has a shot.

Bellerin is obviously a secret Spurs fan, giving the ball away at will and Gibbs is nearly as clumsy as Mertesacker.

Bellerin atually played a great second half, but I have no idea what he was doing in first half. The irony is, He and Ramsey were so so SO bad in the first half and they they combine for the goal. Coquelin brainfart ended up costing us that game... The defence again wasnt so bad as it were not getting supported wide. In the middle where coq and Elneny where they couldnt get through while we had eleven men. All their joy cam down the flanks where Ozil and to a lesser extent Alexis just do not get to the Full back and press in time. then you have Walker and Rose providing some of the best attacking threat while Eriksen and Lamela are no where to be seen. Gotta make those Luxury players work hard, They are so awesome to have in your team, but it is frustrating. I almost wish we only play one of those 2 at a time just so we only have one lazier tracker on the pitch at any given time.

Great teams have great attacks. We have Walcott, Welbeck and Giroud. Appalling options. Defence is fine. Mertesacker is upgradable but everyone else is fine. A powerful midfielder wouldn't go amiss.

I think Welbeck is criminally underrated. Spot on about Mert and a power midfielder though.

Our CB pairings int hat game. Per - Gabriel: Monreal Gabriel: Monreal Chambers (Flamini at RB)

That is getting scary. ow we got a CS i dont even (i guess its Hull but they are going okay)

Credit to Walcott who was so awful i screamed at him in the first half but who was veryu good second half. Giroud back to scoring he is such an emotional guy HOPEFULLY this is what he needed to go on another streak. Mainly though i though Iwobi was very composed and smart on the ball great first touch and turn very mature in tight spaces, and Campbell proving again why he really should start before Oxlade and probably even Walcott despite todays effort from him.

What an achievemnt 3xFa cups in a row would be. I fancy Chelsea for it as they will go all out for the silverware and Hiddink has turned them around. CL is a pipe dream. Domestic double? Id be happy with anything the way the last month has gone!

^You're not going to get anything.

Squad

Cech OUT Despite what some may think, I've been thoroughly unimpressed.

Ospina OUT

Bellerin KEEP

Debuchy OUT

GABRIEL OUT Would have given him a chance but that tackle on Deeney was beyond stupid.

Mertesacker OUT

Kos KEEP

Monreal KEEP

GIBBS OUT

ARTETA GONE

ROSICKY GONE

FLAMINI GONE

WILSHERE OUT

CAZORLA KEEP

EL NENY KEEP FOR NOW. LOOKS REASONABLE. CAN PASS BUT CAN'T SHOOT, SUITS US WELL.

RAMSEY OUT

OXLADE OUT

WALLY OUT

OZIL KEEP

SANCHEZ KEEP

GIROUD KEEP BUT ONLY AS SECOND CHOICE BEHIND ELITE STRIKER.

WELBECK OUT

I'd keep 7 players.

^You're not going to get anything.

Squad

Cech OUT Despite what some may think, I've been thoroughly unimpressed.

Ospina OUT

Bellerin KEEP

Debuchy OUT

GABRIEL OUT Would have given him a chance but that tackle on Deeney was beyond stupid.

Mertesacker OUT

Kos KEEP

Monreal KEEP

GIBBS OUT

ARTETA GONE

ROSICKY GONE

FLAMINI GONE

WILSHERE OUT

CAZORLA KEEP

EL NENY KEEP FOR NOW. LOOKS REASONABLE. CAN PASS BUT CAN'T SHOOT, SUITS US WELL.

RAMSEY OUT

OXLADE OUT

WALLY OUT

OZIL KEEP

SANCHEZ KEEP

GIROUD KEEP BUT ONLY AS SECOND CHOICE BEHIND ELITE STRIKER.

WELBECK OUT

I'd keep 7 players.

Wow only keep 7 players, I don't think all that going to happen

You missed out Szczeny, Coquelin, Campbell, Chambers, Jenkinson

Wenger, in the summer, Not sure what he going to do, He keeps saying We were close to signing Ibra, Ronaldo, Messi etc

Sanchez is burnt out, Done pretty much nothing

Ur team atm is -

Goalkeeper

Bellerin  Defender Koscielny Montrel

El Neny Cazorla

Sanchez Ozil Side winger

Elite Striker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see the back of this season.

In other news I am hoping the Walcott to WHU stories are true for 21m.

Walcott has fallen behind Iwobi now in the pecking order and shows no sign of finding form or improving at Arsenal.

Infact his first touch has got even worse then it was before.