• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Rumour mill this morning has Xhaka at the top of our summer transfer list, I would have thought a striker would be priority now.

El Neny has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of months and looks like he could be a decent player for us.

Yes, a striker would make more sense and would be most important the club should do. But this is Arsenal we are talking about, signing the correct players for the correct positions that need filing doesn't happen here. Wenger seems t think he can win the league with Oliver Giroud.

just got back from holiday, watched the game Live with Arsenal fans for thi first time. what an inbeliveable experience. The roars when the Toon scored the non-stop tottenham bashing songs, i couldnt speak afterwards i sang so hard. Amazing.

Haha I remember the days when Arsenal fans used to sing about winning the thing. Nowadays you just gloat about other teams not winning it. It's quite remarkable how quickly some fans become accustomed to having their level of success dumbed down for them.

Haha I remember the days when Arsenal fans used to sing about winning the thing. Nowadays you just gloat about other teams not winning it. It's quite remarkable how quickly some fans become accustomed to having their level of success dumbed down for them.

I don't know what Spurs fans are more bitter about, well & truly bottling the title challenge, RIVAL clubs not wanting them to win anything, or finishing behind Arsenal.. again.

A little bit of success seems to have made Spurs fans very bitter, you need to embrace the abuse, but like Alli, and Dembele, you just can't handle the pressure.

I bet all the Spurs fans had there texts and tweets ready on Sunday to say you finished above Arsenal for the first time in 21 years but when it come down to it, Spurs well went a bit Spursy and cocked it up.

For what it is worth for years it's Spurs who have had this weird obsession with Arsenal and even recently Poch and Jenas have come out and said Spurs need to get over this Arsenal obsession.

Yes, a striker would make more sense and would be most important the club should do. But this is Arsenal we are talking about, signing the correct players for the correct positions that need filing doesn't happen here. Wenger seems t think he can win the league with Oliver Giroud.

Wenger came out after Sundays game and said we will be in the market for a Striker now Welbeck is out for 9 months.

I'd start worrying about your own team Tony, but it's good to see you back on the forum :)

And finally for what it's worth congratulations to Petr Cech on winning the Golden Glove this season with 16 Cleansheets.

I don't know what Spurs fans are more bitter about, well & truly bottling the title challenge, RIVAL clubs not wanting them to win anything, or finishing behind Arsenal.. again.

A little bit of success seems to have made Spurs fans very bitter, you need to embrace the abuse, but like Alli, and Dembele, you just can't handle the pressure.

I wouldn't say bitter, disappointed would be a better word.  Everyone is saying that Spurs blew the title but, to be truthful, it was never really theirs. Tottenham were never in the top spot all season and so to imply that Leicester only won it because Spurs blew their chance is not really paying Leicester their due respect.

For sure Spurs managed to mount a serious challenge for longer than anyone else, which was encouraging, and no-one is arguing that we didn't fizzle out in the last 4 games, which was less encouraging but, as it turned out, even if we had have won the last 4 matches 4-0 we still would have only finished second.

I don't think any Spurs fan was under the illusion that everybody, rivals as well as neutrals, wasn't going to be cheering for Leicester.  It would have been the same no matter which other club was chasing them.

Of course, it was disappointing to finish behind Arsenal as I think most people would agree that Tottenham had a better season than them.  As I said somewhere else in here Arsenal finishing as Runners-up makes their season look far more flattering than it actually was.  Spurs may have bottled out at the end but lets face it, Arsenal blew their title hopes long before that.

I bet all the Spurs fans had there texts and tweets ready on Sunday to say you finished above Arsenal for the first time in 21 years but when it come down to it, Spurs well went a bit Spursy and cocked it up.

For what it is worth for years it's Spurs who have had this weird obsession with Arsenal and even recently Poch and Jenas have come out and said Spurs need to get over this Arsenal obsession.

just got back from holiday, watched the game Live with Arsenal fans for thi first time. what an inbeliveable experience. The roars when the Toon scored, the non-stop tottenham bashing songs, i couldnt speak afterwards i sang so hard. Amazing.

So Tottenham fans have this weird obsession with Arsenal....??

Really.....??  What is this then?

Bro take it as seriously to heart if you want it sounds like it really hurts you and thats cool. Its a team rivalry lad, i never said i was happy with second, and if you had told me we would finihs above City, Untied and Chelsea this year i wouldnt have thought we were not winning the league. But after a season where it ended for us about 5 games ago officially and about 7 games ago in earnest, to have that absolute capitulation on final day and overtake the old enemy, mate that was some serious fun. If you wanna have your head in your bum when Tottenham passes Arsenal on the final day of the season and not enjoy it be my guest, but id wager you will be the only Spurs fan not pretty darn stoked that day, even if you have just beaten us to 11th in the league.

Some things are just great banter and sweet, and St. Totteringhams day was just that. Dunno why you on here all bitter like about my statement, I had a Blast and thats that. I wont apologise about not going home after winning 4-0 and Spuds blowing an Amazing loss to relegated Toon and refelecting on how we didnt win the title. Im sorry your final day was so unenjoyable, but i had a genuinely incredible time!

so...

If you write something it's banter. If I respond then I am bitter with a "weird obsession with Arsenal".

Well I'm glad that's all cleared up then. :)

I didnt say this

I did use bitter because your 'banter' was very dry and direct. If it was banter i apologise, but you gotta up that game.

Wenger came out after Sundays game and said we will be in the market for a Striker now Welbeck is out for 9 months.

I'd start worrying about your own team Tony, but it's good to see you back on the forum :)

And finally for what it's worth congratulations to Petr Cech on winning the Golden Glove this season with 16 Cleansheets.

Your kidding aren't you? What Wenger says and what he does are totally different. My god, you poor lot have been bleeding for a decent solid striker since Henry left, and your telling me in 2016/17 season Wenger decides he will buy? Let's wait and see. As a United fan I hope he doesn't buy anything but a sack of potatoes and some brown sugar for this morning tea.

Administrator now noisy? Wow, I guess I better watch it....

Since Henry? How about Van Persie? Grief.

Wenger neglecting positions isn't new. DM was neglected for years. It's only now with Xhaka, Coquelin and El Neny we have reasonable options. You have to hark back to Gilberto to find another proper DM. Left back wit Clichy, Santos, Traore and Gibbs. Embarrassing. Goalkeepers with Almunia and Fabianski, centre backs with Vermaelen, Silvestre, Djourou and Senderso. The list endless. He should have been sacked years ago. It's only now people have cottoned on to that,