Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Granit Xhaka £30mill. Seems like a good singing after getting rid of Arteta, Rosicky and Possibly Flamini.

And that's where it ends for you lot. Summer signings are over before they even begin. I'd say one more signing will do it, probably a under 18 year old of some sort that Wenger presumes will have some set of potential.

It's good you lot got your business done nice and early. Now Wenger can relax until the start of the season knowing he bought a player.

And that's where it ends for you lot. Summer signings are over before they even begin. I'd say one more signing will do it, probably a under 18 year old of some sort that Wenger presumes will have some set of potential.

It's good you lot got your business done nice and early. Now Wenger can relax until the start of the season knowing he bought a player.

Apart from the rumoured €50M bid for Morata.

Meanwhile Glory, Glory Man Utd continue to be linked with world beaters like Andre Carrillo!

He will buy a striker 100%. that is my gut feeling after him failing to do so so many times i dont know how he can justify it again. Who he buys however is a mystery. Morata does seem to make the most sense, he mightt go in for benzema again but it wont happen again if he does. My guts tells me Morata and if not it will be be some half tested albeit promising lookingplayer like a Slimani or a Jansen who is not yet proven as per Wengers usual style of strikers.

Im pretty sure you would find a lot of Happy Arsenal fans with that one, and Wenger does love the frenchies, this is actually quite plausible. Reckon we would take him if we cold get him, but no one is holding their breath for that

As a consolation prize, a cheap Ben Yedder is available - if Lacazette won't work out

I'm looking through Ligue 1 top scorers for potential options.

Ben Yedder will likely move to Lyon- though I do not know whether it is dependent on Lacazette leaving. 

Well, would Wenger consider options like Germain, Delort, Boufai, or Waris? Seemed to have done well in Ligue 1 last season so they could be an option - that is, if a big name signing doesn't materialize

Well, would Wenger consider options like Germain, Delort, Boufai, or Waris? Seemed to have done well in Ligue 1 last season so they could be an option - that is, if a big name signing doesn't materialize

Delort failed at Wigan for gods sake!

Personally I wouldn't mind Wenger to sign any or all of them but pretty sure they are a world away from the world class forward the fans are after!

The actual forward is Morata and Real Madrid are weighing up on whether to accept the bid or not.

Delort failed at Wigan for gods sake!

Personally I wouldn't mind Wenger to sign any or all of them but pretty sure they are a world away from the world class forward the fans are after!

The actual forward is Morata and Real Madrid are weighing up on whether to accept the bid or not.

It's been many summers now where there's been a lot of talk about a big name striker coming in, but not a lot of actual business being done - and so I'm being quite conservative in my estimates 

Boufal is a winger however, not a striker, I like him but he wouldn't fit in Arsenal right now. 

None of those strikers are close to world-class- at least they should aim a bit higher.

Boufal is a winger however, not a striker, I like him but he wouldn't fit in Arsenal right now. 

None of those strikers are close to world-class- at least they should aim a bit higher.

Either way, I hope Arsenal take someone from abroad 

Let Mahrez stay in Leicester :P

• 2 weeks later...

Haha touche you idiot. How long have you been waiting to drag that up?

Congrats though on beating world class teams from China for your big name's signature.

Glory, Glory Man United.

Oh god how deluded one can be. Like man come on. 

You're telling me that only United and a Chinese club were interested in him. I'll correct it for you. There were a lot of clubs interested in him but he only CONSIDERED joining United or that random Chinese club. Good old Stoke were interested too apparently. Got ditched I guess.

Here's a smilie to sound nice.

:)

Oh god how deluded one can be. Like man come on. 

You're telling me that only United and a Chinese club were interested in him. I'll correct it for you. There were a lot of clubs interested in him but he only CONSIDERED joining United or that random Chinese club. Good old Stoke were interested too apparently. Got ditched I guess.

Here's a smilie to sound nice.

I'd say i'm a happy medium, a little bit delusional but can still grasp reality when needed.

Not so sure on yourself though, especially if you think Stoke were interested in Zlatan. Although I guess it would reflect how far Untied have tumbled. Stoke competing with Untied for players, welcome to the lower leagues my pedigree chum.

Why try to sound nice? Are you scared? Let your true feelings out boy, you'll feel much better.

Glory, Glory Man United.

I'd say i'm a happy medium, a little bit delusional but can still grasp reality when needed.

Not so sure on yourself though, especially if you think Stoke were interested in Zlatan. Although I guess it would reflect how far Untied have tumbled. Stoke competing with Untied for players, welcome to the lower leagues my pedigree chum.

Why try to sound nice? Are you scared? Let your true feelings out boy, you'll feel much better.

Glory, Glory Man United.

Well reality my friend is that United have signed one of the best players in the world without Champions league football. That's how big we are. Grasped it did we?

They were linked. Come on man. Who wouldn't want to play for Mark Hughes and the almighty Stoke. You already think of yourself as someone inferior supporting Stoke so I don't want to make you feel any worse. Hence a smilie.

Well reality my friend is that United have signed one of the best players in the world without Champions league football. That's how big we are. Grasped it did we?

They were linked. Come on man. Who wouldn't want to play for Mark Hughes and the almighty Stoke. You already think of yourself as someone inferior supporting Stoke so I don't want to make you feel any worse. Hence a smilie.

Wait what? Inferior?

Are you trying to say Stoke are a small club? That we are no where near the size of the great United?

Shut up! I'm going to have to Google this crazy talk, your telling me lies!

I like Zlatan and I think he is still quality but the reality is that you have signed an older player coming towards the end of his career on big wages for 1 year, that no other top European club considered. That includes the Mighty Potters haha.

Wait what? Inferior?

Are you trying to say Stoke are a small club? That we are no where near the size of the great United?

Shut up! I'm going to have to Google this crazy talk, your telling me lies!

I like Zlatan and I think he is still quality but the reality is that you have signed an older player coming towards the end of his career on big wages for 1 year, that no other top European club considered. That includes the Mighty Potters haha.

Stoke were apparently interested but they're too big a club for Zlatan so didn't pan out there.

Oh god you're telling me there wasn't demand from big clubs for Ibra. How can one be so deluded. 

Adios mate.

Zlatan scored 50 goals last season. Any club that can fit in a striker is interested

Wages are negotiable, and Zlatan has made enough money to have the freedom to choose the club he goes to. He isn't some Adebayor, he's Swedish at heart (and nationality). He cares about being important and being a part of something he believes in more than the money.