Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

I don't see how Arsenal would benefit from signing Jamie Vardy though, I think Arsenal just need a striker who will hang around the box and polish off the chances which Ozil constantly creates. Vardy just runs onto to long balls, presses the back 4, chases up the wings to get balls and I don't think Arsenal need that. Arsenal have wingers for that. Regardless of Vardy's scoring this season which is impressive, if Arsenal could sign a Benzema/Cavani or a player of that style who would garaunteed 25+ per season, I think they'd win the league. But obviously they won't sign those 2.

I like Wenger and don't want to see him go.. but if he signs Vardy, I'd agree with a lot of you that he's past it. I'd be depressed with that signing if I were an Arsenal fan.

Vardy isn't past it, still has years in him but Arsenal fans will be on his back if he doesn't get the goals and with Wenger, He prob play Vardy on the sides as he loves to wreck strikers - Arshavin, Welbeck, Walcott etc

I don't see how Arsenal would benefit from signing Jamie Vardy though, I think Arsenal just need a striker who will hang around the box and polish off the chances which Ozil constantly creates. Vardy just runs onto to long balls, presses the back 4, chases up the wings to get balls and I don't think Arsenal need that. Arsenal have wingers for that. Regardless of Vardy's scoring this season which is impressive, if Arsenal could sign a Benzema/Cavani or a player of that style who would garaunteed 25+ per season, I think they'd win the league. But obviously they won't sign those 2.

True

I don't think Ozil will create as many as he did last season

Arsenal can't find the striker that fits, fans always getting on the striker back

Atm with Arsenal, I can only see them battling top 4

Vardy isn't past it, still has years in him but Arsenal fans will be on his back if he doesn't get the goals and with Wenger, He prob play Vardy on the sides as he loves to wreck strikers - Arshavin, Welbeck, Walcott etc

I meant Wenger is past it. 

I meant Wenger is past it. 

Wenger always been stubborn and wants his ways

Think Wenger is having the same trouble that Fergie had at the end of his carerr but Fergie came out and admitted it - There no available players out there

I think Arsenal are scared to get rid of Wenger as they seen what has happened to United, Fans doesn't help with protesting each year since 2004

Arsenal needs either a new manager or several star players in the mold of Sanchez who can do it all alone (which Ozil cannot) who can mitigate the negative effect that Wenger has 

Some managers gain points, others lose points. Once upon a time Wenger gained points but he has become a subtracting manager. Arsenal's team should finish much higher given the talent in the squad.

Arsenal needs either a new manager or several star players in the mold of Sanchez who can do it all alone (which Ozil cannot) who can mitigate the negative effect that Wenger has 

Some managers gain points, others lose points. Once upon a time Wenger gained points but he has become a subtracting manager. Arsenal's team should finish much higher given the talent in the squad.

True - Arsenal are scared that they might go the same way United did

IMO If United, City, Chelsea buy in the right players and Tottenham carries their form onto next year(doubting) then it might be bye bye Arsenal and top 4

I've been hearing that for years though and still every season no matter how bad it has been, Wenger has always delivered that CL football.

In the last 3 season United have spent 250m+ and still finished behind Arsenal. Yes Mourinho is in and Zlatan looks set to join but United need more then just Zlatan.

Jose is also used to working with world class players in every department he hasn't got that at United right now, there are a couple but not in every position.

It's going to be a very interesting summer but I'd wait for it to finish before you start spouting nonsense like Arsenal won't get Top 4.

Arsenal fans seem to be divided on twitter regarding Vardy's imminent arrival and potentially Mahrez's too (reported today)? What do you guys think?

Mahrez's arrival will surely see the exit of either Walcott or the Ox. 

I was quite stunned when it first emerged on Friday as we do need a striker but I didn't expect it to be Vardy feeling similar to when we signed Welbeck but eventually I came round to like him.

I would be more excited with Mahrez to be brutally honest.

Rumours are also resurfacing this morning of Walcott to West Ham again. Out of the two I think it could be Theo who leaves.

Tbf, Vardy looks like an Arshavin_v2 signing - someone who would excel in a forward position, but would ultimately be wasted on the wing by Wenger. Wouldn't be optimistic if he was your only new forward, and like a few already mentioned, I would think Mahrez to be the better option for Arsenal.

Rodriguez will be a brilliant signing. Exactly the kind of upgrade on Monreal you need to challenge for titles. Not at all convinced by the signing of Vardy though. I hope he keeps on performing but just somewhere I feel it was just that one good season. If Arsenal manage to get the same ditto Vardy from Leicester and a quality CB, they may as well challenge for the title but then again, Wenger is there so no worries.

I thought to Arsenal fans that Monreal was the stand out LB last year so why need ricardo?

He just about was, BUt he doesnt offer mcuh offensively and is older. Monreal is perectly fine, greatr in fact, But rodriguez imo would be a massive signing, he bombs forward much more aggrseively which Arsenal need as our wingers in the 4-2-3-1 do not traditionally play wide. Its like City signing Messi (not to scale) Aguero is a monster but if you could get Messi you would. RR would be a mint signing, only Vardy could prove to be more decisive but like most Arsenal fans i am not sure on him. Definitely optomistic though, my only worry with Vardy is he plays at blistering pace on teh counter at Leicester. dont know how is going to go with his back against 2 CB in Arsenals slow build system.

I think Vardy is great. Now I'm not saying he is the same level or calibre of player but look at what SAF did with Van Persie. Signed an older player just to win the league - if Vardy has that impact none of you will be moaning about him come then.

IF, though. He hasn't actually signed yet remember.

I think Vardy is great. Now I'm not saying he is the same level or calibre of player but look at what SAF did with Van Persie. Signed an older player just to win the league - if Vardy has that impact none of you will be moaning about him come then.

IF, though. He hasn't actually signed yet remember

And I don't think he will, I can see him taking Leicesters offer and becoming a even bigger cult with the fans.

Him and his family are settled why uproot to London his missus has already moaned about the traffic lol.

100k a week to stay at Leicester for the next four years ain't bad for someone earning pennys in the non league five years ago.