• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

I don't find why you have to say Croatian football is crap....

Have you ever watched Croatian football? No. Then how can you say it's crap? I agree' date=' it's not as good as Holland and France but it's still a watchable league and Dinamo Zagreb are a good team. [/quote']

Odviously neither have you from what Nav just proved ;)

If Davor Suker (Ex Sevilla' date=' Dinamo Zagreb, Arsenal, Real Madrid steiker), Slavan Bilic and Arsene Wenger think he will do well, then who are you to say he won't? [/quote']

Because this is an SM forum and is for giving his views :) why else?

same could be said about ALOT of players you have debated on other threads, if top managers and scouts think they are good who are you so say there not, if we all followed this method why have these debates we could just read it of the internet.

If Croatian football is crap' date=' then that makes Croatia rubbish at football right? So how on earth did they beat England, fair and square, WITH a strong side?[/quote']

Who cant beat England at the moment, N ireland beat us, we have slipped up against a few nations lower than Croatia, this has nothing to do with the EPL though.

Look at Gerrard for Liverpool, Lampard for Chelsea then look at them for England. Same with alot of them. Different styles / formations and a crap manager.

I do however think Arsenal will finish in the top 4, im not confident on it but i reckon they will, Arsene is the best manager in the EPL IMO, I doubt there is a manager who has actually made the club millions in transfers and achieved the success he has.

Other clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd really sell players for less than they bought them most times, were as Arsenal make such a great profit on them, he even made a profit on Henry and that was still considered cheap

No' date=' they said that Croatian clubs are ty and that made me angry, the man difference is in MONEY[/quote']

yes thats the same with most countries, but then they are not wrong in saying they are weak sides compared to the one in europe, yes most times its down to money but no matter what the reason its still a correct one.

although if 2 clubs 1 from spain and 1 from spain went for a player even if the crotation club offered him double the wage 90% of players would still probably go to spain.

not calling the croation clubs ive never even seen them play but its just a fact of life, but yes for the most part its all about the £

How can someone say that all Croatian clubs are ty!?! For country which has only 4M people (read again 4M people), our clubs are making every year at least one talent. Croatia has more talents then GERMANY (GERMANY HAS 80M PEOPLE), 80>4. And you are saying only for last history ( 2002 - 2007). BUT what about before that?!? 90's, 60's!?!? WHAT ABOUT THAT?! Croatian clubs played EVERY YEAR UEFA Cup or Champions league, and other European cups in the 90's.And i said 60's, yeah 60's. Dinamo Zagreb 1967 won UEFA cup, and played 1 more finale.In the 1999-2000 season in champions league, do you remember, ManUtd : Dinamo?? Manutd was winner year before, and it was draw.

How can someone say that all Croatian clubs are ty!?! For country which has only 4M people (read again 4M people)' date=' our clubs are making every year at least one talent. Croatia has more talents then GERMANY (GERMANY HAS 80M PEOPLE), 80>4. And you are saying only for last history ( 2002 - 2007). BUT what about before that?!? 90's, 60's!?!? WHAT ABOUT THAT?! Croatian clubs played EVERY YEAR UEFA Cup or Champions league, and other European cups in the 90's.And i said 60's, yeah 60's. Dinamo Zagreb 1967 won UEFA cup, and played 1 more finale.In the 1999-2000 season in champions league, do you remember, ManUtd : Dinamo?? Manutd was winner year before, and it was draw.[/quote']

belive you are either not reading or totaly misunderstanding peoples posts,

forget 1960 as that has noting to do with this topic, the talk was that the croatian league is not as strong as the Premiership.

Well it that not true? The EPL is MILES stronger at this moment and weather its down to money are not its still stronger.

As for the national team as Nav pointed out how many of them actually play in the croatian league, I think you are missing the point that nobody is calling the Croatian players they are just saying the league isnt as strong as others, which u have already admitred as you blamed the money, but no matter what the reason its still the truth.

but we are getting wayyyyy of topic now this is a thread about Arsenal so lets just have different views and get back on topic :)

Someone said that Croatian clubs ARE TY, and that offend me.

But ok, thats off topic

Something about Eduardo. Davor Suker said that Eduardo will score 20-25 goals per season(but not 1st season) , and ''He can replace Henry, BUT give him some time, he wont dissapoint fans''

Someone said that Croatian clubs ARE TY' date=' and that offend me.

But ok, thats off topic

Something about Eduardo. Davor Suker said that Eduardo will score 20-25 goals per season(but not 1st season) , and ''He can replace Henry, BUT give him some time, he wont dissapoint fans''[/quote']

oh sorry i thought u was talking about my post, i have no clue about the strength of the croation clubs as i dont watch them play, they aint as strong as EPL clubs but Liverpool just signed Torres for like 27mil why would they be as strong when teams in the EPL can spend that amount of cash.

anyway back on topic i never seen this Eduardo guy play really if he can be anywere near as good as Henry Arsenal have made a good signing

Odviously neither have you from what Nav just proved ;)

Because this is an SM forum and is for giving his views :) why else?

same could be said about ALOT of players you have debated on other threads' date=' if top managers and scouts think they are good who are you so say there not, if we all followed this method why have these debates we could just read it of the internet.

Who cant beat England at the moment, N ireland beat us, we have slipped up against a few nations lower than Croatia, this has nothing to do with the EPL though.

Look at Gerrard for Liverpool, Lampard for Chelsea then look at them for England. Same with alot of them. Different styles / formations and a crap manager.

I do however think Arsenal will finish in the top 4, im not confident on it but i reckon they will, Arsene is the best manager in the EPL IMO, I doubt there is a manager who has actually made the club millions in transfers and achieved the success he has.

Other clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd really sell players for less than they bought them most times, were as Arsenal make such a great profit on them, he even made a profit on Henry and that was still considered cheap[/quote']

D-A-M-N you Neller.:D Sorry for the baclash it's just I was a bit offended at clayts saying Croatian football is crap and weak.

D-A-M-N you Neller.:D Sorry for the baclash it's just I was a bit offended at clayts saying Croatian football is crap and weak.

I do what i can to make you happy :)

As i said to that guy before i didnt actually know people were calling it crap and weak i must have missed that and yes i agree its wrong especially seems they have probably never even seen a game.

I just thought they was saying there teams are no wear near as strong as the EPL and most top european leagues IE Spain, Holland etc which is actually true.

Come on guys!! Thread title is Arsenal Gossip, haven't seen much mentioned about Arsenal on here in recent posts!!:D

On the subject of Arsenal though....What do the rest of you gooners think about the proposed signing of Bakari Sagna? Personally I don't know a great deal about him!!:o

Also will Freddie leave?? Must admit, I think it could be time for him to move on. He is way past his best.

Come on guys!! Thread title is Arsenal Gossip' date=' haven't seen much mentioned about Arsenal on here in recent posts!!:D

On the subject of Arsenal though....What do the rest of you gooners think about the proposed signing of Bakari Sagna? Personally I don't know a great deal about him!!:o

Also will Freddie leave?? Must admit, I think it could be time for him to move on. He is way past his best.[/quote']

actually all the last few posts are linked to the Arsenal thing :) well at least there signings

Come on guys!! Thread title is Arsenal Gossip' date=' haven't seen much mentioned about Arsenal on here in recent posts!!:D

Also will Freddie leave?? Must admit, I think it could be time for him to move on. He is way past his best.[/quote']

Bakari Sagna (born February 14, 1983 Sens, Bourgogne) is a French football right-sided defender who has been playing for AJ Auxerre in the top division of French soccer since the 2004-5 season. Sagna has played for the French under-21 team during the 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship. He has been linked with English giant Arsenal and with Newcastle United, though it appears likely that he will join the Gunners as Auxerre club president Gerard Bourgoin was quoted saying "He wants to wear the Arsenal shirt".

He received his first call-up for the senior France National Team on May 24, 2007 for the Euro 2008 Qualifiers against Ukraine and Georgia. not mcuh else on that i can find :confused:

an Freddie want leave he is arsenal through and through he just had a hard last few seasons and now i think he will inprove this season i cant see him leaving B)

Lol, i have no idea who Bakari Sagna is either, and frankly, i am sick of wenger signing players like that. I dont know how good he is or his potential, but Arsenal need star players, no more players who need development and crap.

As for Freddie, should go but reality is nobody would even want him (in terms of division one teams i dont think) and Arsenal wouldnt get much. Maybe just run out his contract, although he says he wants to finish at Arsenal so if Wenger tries to sell/release, he may just retire considering his injuries and stuff.

Startin eleven is far better??? Far better would surely mean' date=' either that you guys were fighting for the prem, which you weren't or Spurs finishing mid-table, which we didnt. No, we finished just behind you. So maybe last season your startin eleven was just better than ours. :D Also consider we have Berbatov up front. Which he has been "far" better than any of your strikers. By a mile!!!!! Dont lie and say you wich Wenger got him. Coz he was buy of the season.

All it takes is Cesc to get injured and you guys are in trouble. Also, its teams like Arsenal that are killing English football. No English players!! Its disgraceful. And hopefully when the new rule comes out on home grown talent. We might see how the goons get on then. :D[/quote']

ok lets look at the facts, arsenal didnt have a great season due to a number of issues but we stil managed to go higher then u.

look at our squad

1. Jens LEHMANN

2. Abou DIABY

4. Francesc FABREGAS

5. Kolo TOURE

6. Philippe SENDEROS

7. Tomas ROSICKY

8. Fredrik LJUNGBERG

9. EDUARDO

10. William GALLAS

11. Robin VAN PERSIE

13. Alexander HLEB

15. DENILSON

16. Mathieu FLAMINI

17. Alexandre SONG

19. GILBERTO

20. Johan DJOUROU

21. Lukasz FABIANSKI

22. Gael CLICHY

24. Manuel ALMUNIA

25. Emmanuel ADEBAYOR

26. Nicklas BENDTNER

27. Emmanuel EBOUE

31. Justin HOYTE

32. Theo WALCOTT

and you are telling me that arsenal's starting 11 was only just better then tottys last season. lol yeah rite far far better to be honest. ok so no Henry this season but our squad still wipes the floor with any totty side hands down, just look at the class. I.e fabregas is better then your whole midfield. You have defo, you should let him go he cant reach his potentiol and spurs he needs first team footy. Ok he can shoot but compare him to walcott, walcott is faster and he can sure as **** shoot when given the oppertunity. Lets go to rosicky as well. He is sick, hand down. ok last season he didnt score as many as he could however that was his first season and the link up play with him and hleb at time was beautiful. name 2 players in your sqaud who can do that. imo rosicky is gonna be sick this jthis season

You are also saying Berbatov is far better then any arsenal striker last season. Well maybe however compare him with van persie. VP out classes him in an instant. Van persie got injured and yet he was still arsenals top scorer last term and he matched berbatov's goal count. i rest my case

And as for the croation league being crap etc, i will say this. You probably think that Eduardo isnt gonna be great, however correct me if i'm wrong wasnt his goal scoring record 34 goals in 32 games ??? Seems to me we may have already got the signing of the season if he does well. That goal socring recored isn't good its very good. and if you can do that in any league then your a quality striker. With a record like that he can socre more then berbatov and keane put together.

I hope you like uefa cup football cos thats where you staying :)

And in reply to Arsenal killing English football with no english players, may i remind you of, Walcott, Justin Hoyte, Gavin Hoyte, Mark Randell, Matthew Conolly, Paul Rodgers and Jay simpson. the last two, Paul Rodgers and jay Simpson just signing Pro terms with Arsenal. They arse all ENGLISH :eek: supprise supprise. So in fact if any one is kill english football is teams like Totty who play boring football ;)

And in reply to Arsenal killing English football with no english players' date=' may i remind you of, Walcott, Justin Hoyte, Gavin Hoyte, Mark Randell, Matthew Conolly, Paul Rodgers and Jay simpson. the last two, Paul Rodgers and jay Simpson just signing Pro terms with Arsenal. They arse all ENGLISH :eek: supprise supprise. So in fact if any one is kill english football is teams like Totty who play boring football ;)[/quote']

Ouch, can't wait to see a spurs fan reply...i'm viewing this thread from a distance lol:rolleyes:

lol Danny, Well I might as well be that Spurs fan. I do firmly belive there should be a rule where at least a certain amount of players from the Nation that the club is in Ie (Arsenal - England, Milan - Italy, etc)

Spurs and not just Spurs because I support them but they really are the best example that you dont need to buy all these foreign players to do well and it truely is very diasppointing to see Arsenal doing well in England with no 1st 11 starters that are English.

You have what 6 players that are english that you named Pro_Evo. Including the Spurs youth team we probably have around 30. A team like Reading who did very well for their 1st season last year probably have more.

As Clayts said it really is disgraceful and I know for a fact your be thinking...Spurs fan. But then maybe we need another view on this because I know that other's think the same. There is no point in it and it takes the whole point out of the "English" Premier League, true they play in england, they were founded in england, but why no english players in the 1st 11!

Ive always disliked Arsenal and this is one of the main reasons. Being a Spurs fan has nothing to do with this perticular subject. Its just the whole foreign player thing.

I know that none of you can make a difference and your Arsenal fans through and through and it would be wrong to stop supporting them for someone else but Arsenal do have a forum and I know that Arsene Wenger writes a personal letter to all members that are registered for the service monthly, why not write back start a thread on a forum.

Your be thinking.....Ok I start a thread about this and get flamed and never welcomed there again but Il tell you now, there are many Arsenal fan's who agree with the english player thing and do really want Arsenal to have top quality english player's in their team.

Im sure Arsenal will sign 1 or 2 1st 11 players in the next few years or someone like Walcott will actually prove to be worth then a Million lol. You had Campbell and Cole in the past, just more of them needed.

On the whole Wenger and youngsters point to, Wenger brought Walcott after a good half season really for around 11m. People tell me that Bent for 16.5m was way over the top even though he is an established goalscorer and did so for a small club like Charlton who dont have the play makers that Spurs posses. I think its Wenger's fault Arsenal have become a none English 1st 11 side and true he brought a good looking talent if you can rate somebody over half a season but he didnt give Walcott time to prove himself and this is why Walcott sit's in the reserve squad and never starts. True he is what 17 but thats the point, how can you prove your that good at 17, be brought for 11m, left in the reserves to rot and then have someone like me say he will never make it.

Its Wenger's fault and he is harming England's future. Walcott could have had a few season's with Saint established himself and then moved with confidence and been used in a first team to build and get better but we will now have to wait longer and probably see a player that had talent go to waste.

Now moving on to Bale, brought by Spurs for also near the 11m mark. Spurs will start or rotate Bale in and out of the squad, Martin Jol has brought him knowing he had a good season at Saints and looks ready to start now and build. The Walcott problem was that he had half a season and because of that Wenger wasnt ready to have him in the first team.

Now im probably going to have reply's defending Arsenal, and good you should defend your club or course you should but I think some people can be over defensive and not think about the other side of the story.

lol Danny' date=' Well I might as well be that Spurs fan. I do firmly belive there should be a rule where at least a certain amount of players from the Nation that the club is in Ie (Arsenal - England, Milan - Italy, etc)

Spurs and not just Spurs because I support them but they really are the best example that you dont need to buy all these foreign players to do well and it truely is very diasppointing to see Arsenal doing well in England with no 1st 11 starters that are English.

You have what 6 players that are english that you named Pro_Evo. Including the Spurs youth team we probably have around 30. A team like Reading who did very well for their 1st season last year probably have more.

As Clayts said it really is disgraceful and I know for a fact your be thinking...Spurs fan. But then maybe we need another view on this because I know that other's think the same. There is no point in it and it takes the whole point out of the "English" Premier League, true they play in england, they were founded in england, but why no english players in the 1st 11!

Ive always disliked Arsenal and this is one of the main reasons. Being a Spurs fan has nothing to do with this perticular subject. Its just the whole foreign player thing.

I know that none of you can make a difference and your Arsenal fans through and through and it would be wrong to stop supporting them for someone else but Arsenal do have a forum and I know that Arsene Wenger writes a personal letter to all members that are registered for the service monthly, why not write back start a thread on a forum.

Your be thinking.....Ok I start a thread about this and get flamed and never welcomed there again but Il tell you now, there are many Arsenal fan's who agree with the english player thing and do really want Arsenal to have top quality english player's in their team.

Im sure Arsenal will sign 1 or 2 1st 11 players in the next few years or someone like Walcott will actually prove to be worth then a Million lol. You had Campbell and Cole in the past, just more of them needed.

On the whole Wenger and youngsters point to, Wenger brought Walcott after a good half season really for around 11m. People tell me that Bent for 16.5m was way over the top even though he is an established goalscorer and did so for a small club like Charlton who dont have the play makers that Spurs posses. I think its Wenger's fault Arsenal have become a none English 1st 11 side and true he brought a good looking talent if you can rate somebody over half a season but he didnt give Walcott time to prove himself and this is why Walcott sit's in the reserve squad and never starts. True he is what 17 but thats the point, how can you prove your that good at 17, be brought for 11m, left in the reserves to rot and then have someone like me say he will never make it.

Its Wenger's fault and he is harming England's future. Walcott could have had a few season's with Saint established himself and then moved with confidence and been used in a first team to build and get better but we will now have to wait longer and probably see a player that had talent go to waste.

Now moving on to Bale, brought by Spurs for also near the 11m mark. Spurs will start or rotate Bale in and out of the squad, Martin Jol has brought him knowing he had a good season at Saints and looks ready to start now and build. The Walcott problem was that he had half a season and because of that Wenger wasnt ready to have him in the first team.

Now im probably going to have reply's defending Arsenal, and good you should defend your club or course you should but I think some people can be over defensive and not think about the other side of the story.[/quote']

Thing is, hadn't Wenger pruchased Walcott at that moment, then he would be at another club at the moment. So he had to move quickly and he believed Walcott has the ability to become their new Henry.

that is because the other side of the stroy is wrong. so what you have more english players dosent matter about the nationality so long as the sqaud is winning. Arsenal are still an english club, our bord is english and the club is english owened, unlike most other teams. Wenger is not killing the league at all, he is the best manager in the league in many, many peoples opinion unlike martin joel or wotever who cant really manage to save his life. You are trying to come up with all these facts that is wenger fault that arsenal isnt english etc etc and tht totyt are better when the reality is walcott is way better then ur english players and has more potentiol and who can develop under arsene wenger. Look at cesc he didnt get loads of first team football when he arrived same ages as walcott, look at him now one of the best.

And spurs arent a great example that you dont need to sign foreighn players because they arent winnign anything at all, when did u last win a cup ? And last i looked ur 2 strikers wernt "english" Look at henry he spoke better english then half the english players.

As for darren bent, well u got ripped off there, u telling me he is worth more then Henry lol yeah rite not in a million, he's just gonna be another flop at totty like Defo who had potential but wasted it middle classed club where they couldnt develop. end of ;)