Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Nope you go on after every game we lose and start blabbering on about how you want Wenger out.

A real fan would realize how much he has done for this club through our transition period. The fact he kept us at the top with no funds due to the new stadium is unbelievable. Look at our spending' date=' its much lower than anyone else. The fact we're still up near the top year in year out, albeit not winning anything, but the fact we do well in the champions league most years and other competitions with no spending at all is the most unappreciated job Wenger has done.

Now quit your antics, Fabre is a top arsenal forumer. The fact everytime your on this thread blabbering your poo makes people sick of you. Its fine having an opinion but even a few days ago your antics after the wolves game has sickened me. Since you've joined all you have done is criticize the club and not have anything good to say unless we win. We're all allowed say we dislike a player and then say he had a good game. Your antics are consistently showing up on this thread and you're making a lot of enemies.[/quote']

To be honest i don't care if i'm making enemies in here, the standard of posting is outrageous and this post is another one to add to the list. You say Fabre is a "top" forumer, yet she says she hates Chamakh, if i said that people would be on my case like a shot yet because she says it, noone, apart from me obviously, says anything. With regards to Wenger, i appreciate the majority want him to stay but the blind faith brigade, so clearly demonstrated in here, are just a bunch of muppet. "Oh noes, he can't leave it will be the end of the world" and "if he leaves Arsenal will collapse and fall apart and be playing in the conference in five years", there was an Arsenal before Wenger and there will be an Arsenal long after he has gone. As i've repeatedly said a million times, we are regressing and the time is ripe for a change. If you think i'm the only one, then you couldn't be anymore wrong, thousands of Gooners think like me and i suggest you open your eyes a little bit.

Also, i do have good things to say about Arsenal. As you are so clearly blind i will point them out to you. I've defended Chamakh and Koscielny from absolutely stupid abuse, i've praised Djourou and Fabianski in recent weeks despite slating them in the past and acknowledge the good work Wenger has done in the past. Now i know i'm not the most positive poster but you are clearly trying to portray me as some sort of Anti-Christ in this thread and i think it's disgraceful. I'll apologise for one thing and that's i'm not as close minded as some of you lot and follow Wenger like the rats followed the pied piper.

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Yeah I originally posted about him on here after my wife told me about him' date=' sorry mate I couldn't find many links for anything other than that he has signed, and a little bit about his playing in the preseason friendlies on the Arsenal website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1308170/Arsenal-set-Japanese-youngster-Ryo-Miyaichi.html

Here's a video of him

44ixwSmaYYY

http://japan.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/ryo-miyaichi-officially-unlucky.html

He broke his leg in August ?? ^^ And i kept looking him up and says he will sign in december , not seen anything official yet.

Although he does look great , but if he did break his leg in august that will take a few secs off his pace , but that wont matter he can run 50m in 5-6 secs :P

I think you all need to respect 'Infernito's opinion, just becuse he doesnt have a huge reputation points bar under his ava, doesnt mean that you can take the mickey out of his opinion, as far as im concerned, the 'fans' on this thread who are slating Maroune need to seriously think again, what more do you want from the guy:confused:.

I think you all need to respect 'Infernito's opinion' date=' just becuse he doesnt have a huge reputation points bar under his ava, doesnt mean that you can take the mickey out of his opinion, as far as im concerned, the 'fans' on this thread who are slating Maroune need to seriously think again, what more do you want from the guy:confused:.[/quote']

Hallelujah

I think you all need to respect 'Infernito's opinion' date=' just becuse he doesnt have a huge reputation points bar under his ava, doesnt mean that you can take the mickey out of his opinion, as far as im concerned, the 'fans' on this thread who are slating Maroune need to seriously think again, what more do you want from the guy:confused:.[/quote']

As i said i respect his opinion. But whats the difference between fabre saying he dislikes Chamakh to Infernito saying non stop he wants Wenger out? A good few months ago the same happened on this thread him infernito and he got slated for it, he's the one to right off others opinions all the time.

Dont be making out infernito to be the victim, since he joined he's been causing trouble.

Least he got the 'you're' instead of 'your' bit right :P

This always amuses me. When someone comes along and says something along the lines of "U no wat blud, Wengre is da bom", nobody pays attention to the grammar, as long as the general message is a nice, cosy inoffensive one. When somebody like comes along and speaks uncomfortable truths, people latch on to the smallest mistake as they have nothing intelligent to offer,

This always amuses me. When someone comes along and says something along the lines of "U no wat blud' date=' Wengre is da bom", nobody pays attention to the grammar, as long as the general message is a nice, cosy inoffensive one. When somebody like comes along and speaks uncomfortable truths, people latch on to the smallest mistake as they have nothing intelligent to offer,[/quote']

:confused:

I posted that because of the thread that has popped up recently. :rolleyes:

As i said i respect his opinion. But whats the difference between fabre saying he dislikes Chamakh to Infernito saying non stop he wants Wenger out? A good few months ago the same happened on this thread him infernito and he got slated for it' date=' he's the one to right off others opinions all the time.

Dont be making out infernito to be the victim, since he joined he's been causing trouble.[/quote']

his recent posts have had nothing wrong with them, its just you people ganging up on him which isnt nice, ATM, yes he is a victim.

As i said i respect his opinion. But whats the difference between fabre saying he dislikes Chamakh to Infernito saying non stop he wants Wenger out? A good few months ago the same happened on this thread him infernito and he got slated for it' date=' [b']he's the one to right off others opinions all the time.[/b]Dont be making out infernito to be the victim, since he joined he's been causing trouble.

I do not. I respect other people's opinions apart from when they go totally overboard like Fabre saying she HATED Chamakh. I'm not causing trouble, i just have a different opinion to yours

I do not. I respect other people's opinions apart from when they go totally overboard like Fabre saying she HATED Chamakh. I'm not causing trouble' date=' i just have a different opinion to yours[/quote']

now if that's true, surely thats ludicrous:confused:

Well who do the Wenger-sceptics want to replace him with?

He's entitled to his opinon, just becuse he wants him to leave the club, doesnt mean he actually hates him, instead of slating him before, why could someone just ask him this before?

now if that's true' date=' surely thats ludicrous:confused:

He's entitled to his opinon, just becuse he wants him to leave the club, doesnt mean he actually hates him, instead of slating him before, why could someone just ask him this before?[/quote']

Ludicrous? After a defeat to the likes of west brom or Newcastle and now Spurs, we all have outbursts at our players. It's part and parcel of the emotions. Infernito has been going on non stop about how he wants Wenger out, not realizing how influential he was in keeping us at the top in our financial troubles with the stadium. Any other manager wouldn't have done that...Now that's ludicrous.

now if that's true' date=' surely thats ludicrous:confused:

He's entitled to his opinon, just becuse he wants him to leave the club, doesnt mean he actually hates him, instead of slating him before, why could someone just ask him this before?[/quote']

To be fair, this was talked about a couple of pages back.

Ludicrous? After a defeat to the likes of west brom or Newcastle and now Spurs' date=' we all have outbursts at our players. It's part and parcel of the emotions. Infernito has been going on non stop about how he wants Wenger out, not realizing how influential he was in keeping us at the top in our financial troubles with the stadium. Any other manager wouldn't have done that...Now that's ludicrous.[/quote']

I've not been going on non stop about it, i'm just very disillusioned . I'lll put you under the spot light now. Why didn't Wenger buy a proper Keeper last summer? Would it have been so detrimental to our finances to have spent ten-fifteen million on a player who would save us 10-12 points a season rather than cost us like our goalkeepers are currently doing? What would have to change for you to stop believing in Wenger? Repeatedly over the last couple of summers we've heard how Wenger has had money to spend but hasn't and insisted on playing young players, wasting season after season, where we could be winning stuff without putting our finances at risk, do you think this is acceptable? Do you not find it embarrassing when we get rolled over by Chelsea and Drogba time and time again? Was Saturday not a complete disaster? Intelligent answers please, nothing petty

I've not been going on non stop about it' date=' i'm just very disillusioned . I'lll put you under the spot light now. Why didn't Wenger buy a proper Keeper last summer? Would it have been so detrimental to our finances to have spent ten-fifteen million on a player who would save us 10-12 points a season rather than cost us like our goalkeepers are currently doing? What would have to change for you to stop believing in Wenger? Repeatedly over the last couple of summers we've heard how Wenger has had money to spend but hasn't and insisted on playing young players, wasting season after season, where we could be winning stuff without putting our finances at risk, do you think this is acceptable? Do you not find it embarrassing when we get rolled over by Chelsea and Drogba time and time again? Was Saturday not a complete disaster? Intelligent answers please, nothing petty[/quote']

Of course i agree with the bad decisions you've pointed out, but never will I turn on Wenger. He has transformed our club and i'll just have to trust every decision he makes. Fabianski is proving now that he's a good goalkeeper, maybe he was right. The storm gets worse before it gets better and we're over the worst part, fine we've had a blip but we're still only 2 points off top. The good times are arriving. All we need to do is sort out our home form...

Of course i agree with the bad decisions you've pointed out' date=' but never will I turn on Wenger. He has transformed our club and i'll just have to trust every decision he makes. Fabianski is proving now that he's a good goalkeeper, maybe he was right. The storm gets worse before it gets better and we're over the worst part, fine we've had a blip[b'] but we're still only 2 points off top.[/b] The good times are arriving. All we need to do is sort out our home form...

Yes but we could be seven points ahead of Chelsea had we won games we should have:mad: I guess you're just a glass half full guy and i'm...not. With regards to Fabianski, he's done okay recently but he's dreadful against tall strikers such as Caroll and Crouch, both of whom he flapped against hopelessly. Fact of the matter is, while we don't have a keeper like Jose Reina, or someone of that ilk, and a couple of really strong tacklers, we won't challenge for the big prizes on a serious level. If Wenger was to address some of these issues at least in January then i would be a tad more optimistic for the rest of the season

Changed it for you buddy' date=' i think we can agree that i'm on my own on this one. [b']Hiddink[/b] maybe? Bergkamp, somewhere down the line, probably too soon now. There would be loads of people wanting the job

Totally with you there. ;)

I'm not desperate to see Arsene go for a number of reasons, but if I could pick the manager I'd love to see Hiddink or Mourinho at the club.

The man is a tactical genius, and really knows his way around the game. He wouldn't be too shrewd about certain 'situations' at the club, I.E. the 'keeper issue wouldn't last too long. He'd use the transfer fund too I'm sure.

I neither loathe nor love Wenger as a manager, he's been a massive influence for over a decade on the Premier League never mind Arsenal, he's landed some of our modern greats for next to nothing (or at least what they turned out to be worth) and even if we don't win we play beautiful football on the whole, so I look back at the time I've supported the club and been immensely pleased with Arsene.

But...

His 'loyalty' really infuriates me. Wenger must know that between Fabianski Almunia and Sczesny we genuinely don't have a 'top class 'keeper' (a term banded about so much these days! :D) who's good enough for a club of our stature.

IMO he's failed to adress the issue since the departure of Devid Seaman forever and a day ago. When our greatest ever 'keeper left, up stepped his understudy in Lehmann (who thankfully turned out to be good *at times*, particularly during our CL campaign of 05/06), who was then replaced by his understudy Almunia, who simply isn't good enough. Neither is his Polish understudy Fabianski, despite Wenger's claims.

A club liek Arsenal FC shouldn't be relying on the understudy of an understudy of a long gone legend, by now we should've ditched the pair of clowns we have vying for the number one jersey and dipped into the market. We've been linked with every top 'keeper going in the last four years, but I've never suspected that Wenger would have the steel to denounce our current crop as good enough. You can't always rely on the academy to bring talent forward, we need a close to finished article.

I'm still sickened that we don't have Lloris as our number one. When he left Nice (for a now horribly paltry €8.5m) we showed a lot of interest, but backed down when AC Milan came calling. Lyon eventually signed him for less than £7m, and you'd be lucky if they even considered an offer thrice that nowadays...

If Wenger had admitted the situation between the sticks wasn't good, we mightn't have had a Hart or a Lloris, but we'd certainly not be as dire at the back as we are now. :mad:

Buy a goalie Arsene, man up and say what you know is true. Koscielny isn't good enough either. I've hinted (never committed myself to going this far though I don't believe) that he hasn't been my cup of tea, but after the derby I'd like to see Djourou ahead of him in the pecking order. Our attacking players form one of the biggets attacking threats in world football, and our wingbacks are great and alright going from right to left, but injured Vermaelen aside, the core of our defense simply isn't good enough to compete for the silverware we apparently crave. If an 'ambitious' club aren't willing to spend to solve obvious problems then how can we claim to be one?

Buy a good Centre Back (I'd personally like to see Squilli as the backup CB, he's good, but IMO we need better at Arsenal) like Rolando or Mertesacker, who BTW is extremely coy on his future, and a top class glovesman of the likes of Diego Lopez or Igor Akinfeev. Then win trophies. Lots of them! :P

EDIT: Whew, sorry for the rant guys! :o

Yes but we could be seven points ahead of Chelsea had we won games we should have:mad: I guess you're just a glass half full guy and i'm...not. With regards to Fabianski' date=' he's done okay recently but he's dreadful against tall strikers such as Caroll and Crouch, both of whom he flapped against hopelessly. Fact of the matter is, while we don't have a keeper like Jose Reina, or someone of that ilk, and a couple of really strong tacklers, we won't challenge for the big prizes on a serious level. If Wenger was to address some of these issues at least in January then i would be a tad more optimistic for the rest of the season[/quote']

Sure we're all able to have outbursts at our players etc, but it makes no sense just to turn against Wenger now after all he's done. Any other manager would not have kept us at the top like he has.. Fabianski is doing very well now, allbeit that mistake against Newcastle but thats only one mistake. He was at no fault against Tottenham. Every game he gets more confident. He's doing well with aerial challenges for set pieces I think he's now a top Goalie, now all he needs is to be consistent for the whole season and he'll change everyones opinions.