Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Ramsey Played 45 mins with the reserves today against wolves ' date=' He almost scored aswell. :) :)

[url']http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-free-video[/url]

Watch a bit of him training and playing here if you like ^^

i wreckon he will have 1 - 2 months in reserves then maybe get benched.

Almunia is still horrible , the goal he conceded was really awfull , although they still won 2-1 :P

haha' date=' you can stay dreaming for a new keeper then, Wenger will not splash out a lot of cash.[/quote']

You evidently didn't read my much larger, earlier post. Or had you known that I've been an Arsenal fan for over a decade then maybe you may think I'd know quite a bit about Wenger's spending patterns, maybe even more than you. ;)

It's called 'wishful thinking'.

You evidently didn't read my much larger' date=' earlier post. Or had you known that I've been an Arsenal fan for over a decade then maybe you may think I'd know quite a bit about Wenger's spending patterns, maybe even more than you. ;)

[b']It's called 'wishful thinking'[/b].

And youre entitled to that mate;)

And as youre entitled to think that for some strange reason Given wants to play for Celtic:confused:

When...

they're his boyhood heroes

and when Neil Lennon states he wants him

I'm more than entitled to think that. I'm right. Which is more than I can say about you; get your facts straight before you spread your sheet over the forum.

When...

they're his boyhood heroes

and when Neil Lennon states he wants him

I'm more than entitled to think that. I'm right. Which is more than I can say about you; get your facts straight before you spread your sheet over the forum.

Spam, stop being so arrogant. How much of Baresi have you actually watched? According to your profile you're 18, so you would have been 5 when Baresi retired. You're basing your knowledge on word of mouth and the odd snippet of footage that you've seen. Like you mentioned Franz Beckenbauer, you and I both know that he was a superb player, but I've never seen him play a full match, and neither have you.

After all, he only said Baresi was a great CB - it's not like he's professing his knowledge to the forum.

well done mate for believing Goal.com's transfer zone

And the other link? Give it up you ignorant kid - I've presented evidence and you' date=' being the idiot you are, have thrown the toys out of the pram. If Goal.com is nonsense, then here's The People, The Evening News and The Daily Record for you to ignore as conclusive... :rolleyes:

Get your facts straight, it's tough I know when you're talking garbage on so many threads at once, but if you reduce your post count then maybe you can have a wee go at being factually correct for once. :D

EDIT: At Andy - bit hypocritical if you've ever posted admiration of Pele/Puskas etc then... You don't have to have read many GOAT articles to know that Baresi was a legendary sweeper, I won't go as far to say as it's footballing general knowledge (it's close though) that he's a legend of the position, and like I said - Baresi wasn't a centre back, I initially just corrected him on the error. There's a difference between arrogance and trying to get you back at someone. ;)

And the other link? Give it up you ignorant ****** - I've presented evidence and you' date=' being the idiot you are, have thrown the toys out of the pram. If Goal.com is nonsense, then here's The People, The Evening News and The Daily Record for you to ignore as conclusive... :rolleyes:

Get your facts straight, it's tough I know when you're talking garbage on so many threads at once, but if you reduce your post count then maybe you can have a wee go at being factually correct for once. :D

Well you need to get your big head out of the newspapers, its time you learned that most of the time they talk utter cr**p just like you! In the links youve provided, not once has Given been quoted of saying he wants to go to Celtic! So what if their 'apparently' his 'boyhood heroes', why would he want to move to such a poor league when he's still got another 2-3 years left in him for the highest level!

Silly boy, i suggest you stopped taking the papers so seriously and actually used some inituative(if you have any).

Guest JackWWFC

Well you need to get your big head out of the newspapers' date=' its time you learned that most of the time they talk utter cr**p just like you! In the links youve provided, not once has Given been quoted of saying he wants to go to Celtic! So what if their 'apparently' his 'boyhood heroes', why would he want to move to such a poor league when he's still got another 2-3 years left in him for the highest level!

Silly boy, i suggest you stopped taking the papers so seriously and actually used some inituative(if you have any).[/quote']

Maybe use some of your own initiative and spell initiative correctly.

Can we just start talking about tonights game please rather than every1 arguing over Given going to celtic or not lol..

LOL... :P

1-3 maybe? Just hope Nasri or Chamakh get on the scoreboard, hell why not both of them? I think this'll be an easier away game than Partizan, but not by much, it'll be great to see Wilshere starting in Europe again (it seems a long while back when I saw him against Shakhtar!) if he starts, which I believe he will unless there's an injury which I'm unaware of.

Braga aren't great shakes in their domestic league at the moment, so hopefully they'll not put up too much of a fight.

But something tells me that when they're frustrated domestically and still in contention for progression in the champion's League, they won't be easily beaten.

Spam, if you were to give Baresi a position in SM, what would it be?

CB right? So get off your high horse. The sweeper position is pretty defunct in modern football and you're canvassing an argument from another thread onto this one which isn't really necessary.

On topic, your articles (still from pretty poor papers) indicated the Given would be leaving on loan to Celtic. I doubt this would be the case. If City are going to get rid then I'd assume it would be a permanent deal. Given will want a future and there's no benefit to City by being able to recall him in the summer.

If Celtic can afford him is another matter...

LOL... :P

1-3 maybe? Just hope Nasri or Chamakh get on the scoreboard' date=' hell why not both of them? I think this'll be an easier away game than Partizan, but not by much, it'll be great to see Wilshere starting in Europe again (it seems a long while back when I saw him against Shakhtar!) if he starts, which I believe he will unless there's an injury which I'm unaware of.

Braga aren't great shakes in their domestic league at the moment, so hopefully they'll not put up too much of a fight.

But something tells me that when they're frustrated domestically and still in contention for progression in the champion's League, they won't be easily beaten.[/quote']

thank you lol...

Will be interesting to see who plays left wing , im pretty sure arshavin is rested and longside RVP.

Tonight's going to be a lot more difficult than the first leg. It was just like a few years back when we trounced Slavia Prague 7-0 at home and drew 0-0 away. Tonight's going to be tough.

I hope to see Nasri playing on the left over Arshavin. Arshavin's place is far from safe and only right. When he plays we suffer a lot defensively, Clichy is put under immense pressure. I do love Arshavin, but i feel letting him know that he can easily be dropped will set him straight.

Well you need to get your big head out of the newspapers' date=' its time you learned that [b']1) most of the time they talk utter poo just like you[/b]! In the links youve provided, not once has Given been quoted of saying he wants to go to Celtic! So what if their 'apparently' his 'boyhood heroes', why would he want to move to such a poor league when 2) he's still got another 2-3 years left in him for the highest level!

3) Silly boy, i suggest you stopped taking the papers so seriously and actually used some inituative(if you have any).

1) I've delivered cold, hard facts. You've pouted and used words like 'big head', 'silly', 'poo' and, erm, 'intuative', you've refused to accept that I'm right in the matter (which I am) and you apparently haven't heard of 'broadsheets', which don't have t*ts on page three. I think that I haven't produced links from the Star, the Sun or the Mirror, so you blasting newspapers as 'poo' is a teensy wee bit idiotic.

2) He's benching... Not looking to move either. UNLESS you take articles from papers, but remember they're full of 'poo' anyway. or Goal.com articles. Or Caughtoffside articles. Also 'poo'.

3)It's initiative. I have it. Otherwise I wouldn't have scouted Thorgan Hazard, Gerson, Wellington etc. before others did. Where do you recommend finding out info on football if you don't count Goal.com and any newspaper? I daresay the back pages are the most common source of football news in the UK, I don't know where you live, but I'll assume that every paper is actually full of 'poo', and I'll let you in on a secret - they aren't all bad over here.

I hope to see Nasri playing on the left over Arshavin. Arshavin's place is far from safe and only right. When he plays we suffer a lot defensively' date=' Clichy is put under immense pressure. I do love Arshavin, but i feel letting him know that he can easily be dropped will set him straight.[/quote']

clichy is injured and Arshavin is being rested. :P

Spam' date=' if you were to give Baresi a position in SM, what would it be? [/quote']

I'd give him sweeper Stuart. CB wouldn't be right would it? ;)

I mean there's even a 5-3-2 sweeper formation on SM, but there are no sweepers in the top leagues in today's game as far as I'm aware. Would Baresi be a CB today if he played? Irrelevant, he was a sweeper, and that was a key role in yesteryear's game. Calling him a CB is simply worng, it's what you would call him nowadays if you had to define a role for him, if you ignore the existence of the sweeper.

BTW, I'm very sorry that the New York Times, didn't cover the Given/Celtic story, accept my apologies, I'm sorry if the links aren't good enough for you. :(

I merely used them to back up the point that he's been (heavily) linked with Celtic and he wouldn't mind moving to them, which was an earlier dispute.

I mean there's even a 5-3-2 sweeper formation on SM' date=' but there are no sweepers in the top leagues in today's game as far as I'm aware. Would Baresi be a CB today if he played? Irrelevant, he [i']was[/i] a sweeper, and that was a key role in yesteryear's game. Calling him a CB is simply worng, it's what you would call him nowadays if you had to define a role for him, if you ignore the existence of the sweeper.

I've no idea how old A2R is. 13 or younger and he'll have no idea what a sweeper is. Anyway, moving on...

BTW' date=' I'm very sorry that the New York Times, didn't cover the Given/Celtic story, accept my apologies, I'm sorry if the links aren't good enough for you. :(

I merely used them to back up the point that he's been (heavily) linked with Celtic and he wouldn't mind moving to them, which was an earlier dispute.[/quote']

I think it's more the fact that you gave credence to The People :D Any paper which has News below Celebs, TV and Sport on the website isn't really worth trusting. The Record and Evening Times love all things Scotland and are prone to printing bias.

I mean there's even a 5-3-2 sweeper formation on SM' date=' but there are no sweepers in the top leagues in today's game as far as I'm aware. Would Baresi be a CB today if he played? Irrelevant, he [i']was[/i] a sweeper, and that was a key role in yesteryear's game. Calling him a CB is simply worng, it's what you would call him nowadays if you had to define a role for him, if you ignore the existence of the sweeper.

BTW, I'm very sorry that the New York Times, didn't cover the Given/Celtic story, accept my apologies, I'm sorry if the links aren't good enough for you. :(

I merely used them to back up the point that he's been (heavily) linked with Celtic and he wouldn't mind moving to them, which was an earlier dispute.

The Derby Evening Telegraph has some good stories:D