Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

After that piece of "bad news" Hayden, here's some good news to make your festive season a little better...

Denilson refuses to rule out Arsenal move

Brazilian midfielder Denilson has refused to rule out leaving Arsenal after becoming a transfer target for Wolfsburg and Barcelona.

Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has recommended the Catalan club make a move for Denilson, according to reports in Spain.

That comes on top of Wolfsburg - managed by under-pressure Steve McClaren - also watching developments on the 22-year-old Arsenal midfielder.

Denilson told Brazilian newspaper O Globo: “I am presently happy with Arsenal but I am a professional player and I can never discard anything in my future.”

Former Brazil Youth captain Denilson has become a fringe player at Arsenal, struggling to hold down a regular first team place but Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will not want to sell in January if it means weakening his squad.

Barcelona are keen to strengthen their squad and, in particular, numbers in midfield and remain interested in Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.

But they also have a pressing need for more squad players as Barca coach Pep Guardiola has only five central midfielders with Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets, Javier Mascherano and Seydou Keita and wants cover as much as superstars.

Wolfsburg are wealthy and have money to spend and Arsenal will now face a test of whether they can keep squad players happy when big clubs come calling.

yeah-if he was a french lad..he wasn't going anywhere!

But seriously-are there players at Arsenal that have peaked? They ain't gonna get better? Or is it just poor tactics that have caused a lack of trophies in recent years..maybe we should get Mick McCarthy to coach us a bit -that should silence some critics..:D

yeah-if he was a french lad..he wasn't going anywhere!

But seriously-are there players at Arsenal that have peaked? They ain't gonna get better? Or is it just poor tactics that have caused a lack of trophies in recent years..maybe we should get Mick McCarthy to coach us a bit -that should silence some critics..:D

Yeah...Denilson.:D

Denilson is less capable than Cesc, Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky and Nasri in the centre of the park.

Why keep/play him? Obviously with Arsenal lurching from one injury crisis to the next cover is needed, but I'd sooner sell him than keep him for 'emergencies', he's an average player and makes his CM partner look better than he actually is.

Denilson is less capable than Cesc' date=' Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky and Nasri in the centre of the park.

Why keep/play him? Obviously with Arsenal lurching from one injury crisis to the next cover is needed, but I'd sooner sell him than keep him for 'emergencies'[b'], he's an average player [/b]and makes his CM partner look better than he actually is.

You're far too diplomatic...i would call him absolutely diabolical.

You're far too diplomatic...i would call him absolutely diabolical.

Pros:

1) Good passer' date=' as long as it's a short pass...

[b']2)[/b] Great link player. Useless in the defensive and attacking thirds, but around the halfway line he does a reasonable job of linking the attak and defense, although Song's new role has usurped Denilson's... And the Cameroonian does it better too.

3) Got a great longshot on him.

Cons:

1) Abysmal positioning. Often found outside the box when we do a typical 'pass-it-around-in-the-box' type manoeuvre, and much less effective in this area than any of our other CMs.

2) Nonexistant tackling skills. 'Hope that the DM goes in' is his preferred method of winning back the ball when he loses possession. Which happens quite often.

3) No star quality whatsoever... Diaby's still hugely promising, Wilshere's coming on leaps and bounds, Rosicky can be a midfield general when fit and Cesc is just superb - Denilson offers nothing and it's difficult to see any area in which he can become world class, unlike all of our other options.

4) Loses nearly all motivation when we're up against it. I remember watching our dismantling at the Nou Camp and seeing Denilson basically stand, hands on hips style, while everyone else desperately tried to shut down Barca's midfield. When this happens, an average player becomes almost a non existant player...

"If you look at the numbers and the amount of balls he wins' date=' he is one of the top midfield players in the country on many indexes. He doesn't talk too much but he is very efficient." Arsene Wenger, February 2009

:confused:[/quote']

Wenger nominated him for PFA young player of the year once

Balotelli does himself no favours >> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21122010/58/serie-balotelli-wins-award-mocks-wilshere.html

Mocks wilshere and then says this "Perhaps I can show him (Wilshere) the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it!"

The comments that are there he is getting alot of abuse lol

Are you guys suggesting Wilshere should be winning it ahead of Balotelli? Seriously?

He does have a big mouth though. I guess confidence can only be a good thing...

Oh, and Denilson's garbage :) And Lansbury might turn out OK; it's far far too early to tell.

Are you guys suggesting Wilshere should be winning it ahead of Balotelli? Seriously?

He does have a big mouth though. I guess confidence can only be a good thing...

Oh' date=' and Denilson's garbage :) And Lansbury might turn out OK; it's far far too early to tell.[/quote']

Nope I Dont think that , Yes his big mouth gets bigger everytime he talks to the press lol.

Am starting to get the feeling Vermaleen maybe out of the rest season. (I hope am wrong)

IF Arsenal had to sign one these Chris Samba or Gary Cahill

Samba around 8 million and Cahill around 15 milllion

which one would you guys Prefer?

Samba. A big, bruising, old fashioned center back is exactly what we need.

Samba. A big' date=' bruising, old fashioned center back is exactly what we need.[/quote']

Yeah, as much as I like Cahill, I think Samba has real power and strength that we dont have. Hes great at defending and attacking set pieces and still pretty young. £8 mill would be a bargain.

Lol @ Sagna singing :)