Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

On a uglier note' date=' Lee Bowyer should not be allowed to continue his career as a professional footballer, that stamp was disgusting. To make it worse, he had a few more swipes at Sagna. The tackle from Johnson on Fabregas was ALMOST Eduardo-esque, horrible. Birmingham should be ashamed of their actions today.[/quote']

Like Arsenal players are angels :rolleyes:

The stamp was pretty disgusting though...

Get from your high horse' date=' Fabregas is a dirty little spaniard himself.[/quote']

Sort of agree. We all know Fabregas is dirty out, but you can't compare him to Bowyer. I guess every team has one dirty player, I guess Bowyer is just exceptionally dirty.

We all know your just saying that since Cesc had a bad tackle in the Wolves game:D

Every team has players prone to bad tackles, bad actions etc. We are no different and Wolves are no different. Some teams have too many though.

Haha what an awesome day. Our fans were awesome, we sang the whole game, we never even heard Birminghams support. (Really hope some of you guys went, there was some righ funny moments at 3-0).

As for the game, we dominated. The CB's looked a bit shakey at the start. Some really nice football in the second half. Walcott was MOM for me, he always looked dangerous. Foster got MOM though :/

So happy :) was a great day.

Haha what an awesome day. Our fans were awesome' date=' we sang the whole game, we never even heard Birminghams support. (Really hope some of you guys went, there was some righ funny moments at 3-0).

As for the game, we dominated. The CB's looked a bit shakey at the start. Some really nice football in the second half. Walcott was MOM for me, he always looked dangerous. Foster got MOM though :/

So happy :) was a great day.[/quote']

I watched it on the web, was so proud to hear our fans sing that loud. It was absolutely unreal, from the start to the end. I hope our team and fans continue throughout the year like they started it today. Very proud.

Get from your high horse' date=' Fabregas is a dirty little spaniard himself.[/quote']

He can be a bit naughty, i agree. But the Johnson tackle was a straight red. I also forgot to mention Cameron Jerome's stamp on Koscielny. Birmingham are the dirtiest side in the Premiership, even ahead of the likes of Stoke and Blackburn.

He can be a bit naughty' date=' i agree. But the Johnson tackle was a straight red. I also forgot to mention Cameron Jerome's stamp on Koscielny. Birmingham are the dirtiest side in the Premiership, even ahead of the likes of Stoke and Blackburn.[/quote']

You mean like Paul scholes the legend-who happens to leave his foot in tackles because hes never learnt to tackle properly:D

Great article proving what a thug Lee Bowyer is. Good to see he got a 3 game ban though such idiots should be banned from the game entirely. Officially the most booked player in the premier league. The 'Hard man' tag makes me laugh, how 'hard' is it to stamp on someone who's on the floor trying to win the ball. Hope he ends up back in the champinship or lower where he belongs.

Shame about Hleb but these players should learn that the grass isnt always greener. Only few go on to better things.

I don't agree with the analysis on the Johnson tackle. The Bowyer one is fair enough, it doesn't take a genius to work out that he tried to stamp on Sagna and it was lucky that he got it wrong and, as the writer said, twisted his knee slightly so he didn't bring all his weight down.

The Johnson analysis I don't agree with because the author completely ignores the fact that Johnson has less than a second to decide what to do after his poor touch. He doesn't have time to think about all the different ways he could make the tackle, who's behind him, where the Arsenal players are, where the other defenders are, where the ball will go if he makes the tackle etc. He clearly went for the ball and got it, the easiest way for him to make the tackle is like that. It's dangerous because of his momentum and his studs but there's no way it was malicious.

I don't agree with the analysis on the Johnson tackle. The Bowyer one is fair enough' date=' it doesn't take a genius to work out that he tried to stamp on Sagna and it was lucky that he got it wrong and, as the writer said, twisted his knee slightly so he didn't bring all his weight down.

The Johnson analysis I don't agree with because the author completely ignores the fact that Johnson has less than a second to decide what to do after his poor touch. He doesn't have time to think about all the different ways he could make the tackle, who's behind him, where the Arsenal players are, where the other defenders are, where the ball will go if he makes the tackle etc. [b']He clearly went for the ball and got it[/b], the easiest way for him to make the tackle is like that. It's dangerous because of his momentum and his studs but there's no way it was malicious.

He didn't get the ball,nowhere near it. The tackle was awful, ankle high, studs up and ,as i've already said, we're lucky we didn't have another Eduardo. Please don't make excuses for thugs like Johnson.

He didn't get the ball' date='nowhere near it. The tackle was awful, ankle high, studs up and ,as i've already said, we're lucky we didn't have another Eduardo. Please don't make excuses for thugs like Johnson.[/quote']

You do realise that ankle high is about 6 inches off the ground, I've already said it was studs up, and you can't call him a thug for one tackle. Everyone player is a thug if you take that rule.

I was saying that I didn't agree with the author, but I bet you didn't actually read the article.

The Johnson tackle caught Fabregas on the ankle, he went through the ball to get the player. It could easily have been another Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey incident. This sort of dive in studs showing tackle should be removed from the game. The player didnt have to stud the ball he could have nicked it away with laces to the left of Fabregas but instead he chose to stud the ball towards Fabregas and go through it to catch him. He was trying to disguise his thuggary.

I have no doubt Johnson wanted to hurt which ever player was near the ball because when you get physical with Arsenal it stops them playing so freely. Im not saying he wanted to break a leg but when you make players worry about getting kicked it stops them playing and when Arsenal dont play well they dont win much.

Before we get on to the stupid 'lets make football a non contact sport' argument. Of course there should be tackling and physical aspects but there should be skill in it. This is supposed to be TOP LEVEL football, not players learning from the Nigel De Jong thuggary book.

thug [thuhg]

–noun

1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

2. (sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Origin:

1800–10; < Hindi thag lit., rogue, cheat

—Related forms

thug·ger·y [thuhg-uh-ree], noun

thuggish, adjective

Johnson doesn't fall under this whatsoever and nor does De Jong. Bowyer maybe :D

Before we get on to the stupid 'lets make football a non contact sport' argument. Of course there should be tackling and physical aspects but there should be skill in it. This is supposed to be TOP LEVEL football, not players learning from the Nigel De Jong thuggary book.

But it is a physical game, it is a mans game, it is top level, and they are supposed to be athletes. Not 6 year old girls, christ its views like yours which make other contact sport participants and fans ridicule football, when they really shouldnt.

Im all for trying to remove horror challenges but you cant remove tough tackles, and Johnsons was just that.

Although Sm forum wasnt around at the time, i wonder how many of you lot were talking about reducing bad tackles when you had a team of filthy players !!!

Keown, Dixon, Adams, Viera ! monsters they were at times.

]Arsenal are 18th in the OFFICIAL Premier league disciplinary table[/b] suggesting to me that you're quite a dirty team. In fact some of Wilshere's attempts at tackling leave a lot to be desired' date=' not to mention you tried to kick United of the park in the early stages of the game at Old Trafford.[/quote']

We've had a few red cards this year, none of them were due to bad tackles as such.(apart from Wilshere's)

Guest JackWWFC

He didn't get the ball' date='nowhere near it. The tackle was awful, ankle high, studs up and ,as i've already said, we're lucky we didn't have another Eduardo. Please don't make excuses for thugs like Johnson.[/quote']

Fabregas is a dirty spaniard, THUG THUG THUG THUG.

It's getting boring, it's a mans game, don't like it? Watch cricket instead.

Arsene Wenger :rolleyes:

We've had a few red cards this year' date=' none of them were due to bad tackles as such.(apart from Wilshere's)[/quote']

Ah, so it's always misfortune, never Arsenal's fault is it :rolleyes:

But it is a physical game' date=' it is a mans game, it is top level, and they are supposed to be athletes. Not 6 year old girls, christ its views like yours which make other contact sport participants and fans ridicule football, when they really shouldnt.

Im all for trying to remove horror challenges but you cant remove tough tackles, and Johnsons was just that. [/quote']

I said it should be a physical sport with SKILLFUL tackles. Are you trying to suggest that going through the ball with studs showing is skillful? The difference between Johnsons tackle and a horror tackle is that this time the player didnt receive a broken leg.

Guest JackWWFC

I said it should be a physical sport with SKILLFUL tackles. Are you trying to suggest that going through the ball with studs showing is skillful? The difference between Johnsons tackle and a horror tackle is that this time the player didnt receive a broken leg.

Have you ever played football? Jesus christ i go through players every time I play, they get back up and play on..