Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

why would he play on the wing? yeah I agree I think wenger prefer bendtner at moment because he can also play on the wings

Coz Wenger won't shift RvP on the wings, even though he's played there in his Feyenoord days. RvP's movement is very important, especially coming back to get more involved in the buildup play.

Respuesta: Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Arsenal always have good chance to keep a clean sheet when Djourou is playing

him and koscielny work well together. but Jack wilshere this kid is getting better and better

Happy with the win :D

Finally someone gives some credit to Djourou. He was insuperable today. Koscielny made a few half-mistakes, but he was also quite solid. Their true test will come when the Barca game comes around. That will also be a huge game for Wilshere.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Finally someone gives some credit to Djourou. He was insuperable today. Koscielny made a few half-mistakes' date=' but he was also quite solid. Their true test will come when the Barca game comes around. That will also be a huge game for Wilshere.[/quote']

I've been praising him for the last two months. Yet i suppose that doesn't fit my "miserable git" persona does it?

Arsenal always have good chance to keep a clean sheet when Djourou is playing

him and koscielny work well together. but Jack wilshere this kid is getting better and better

Happy with the win :D

i agree i have been a fan of djourou for ages and this season he has been brilliant. should be vermaelen's partner when he returns from injury.

oh and wilshere what a player and only just 19, easily playing at a 92 standard

and wow have we been missing RVP

From Arseblog:

"Wolves is already forgotten but it has provided us with an excellent platform going into this game. Newcastle was a blip, and a very large, painful blip at that, but it wasn’t really representative of the current form this team is enjoying. Since the 1-0 defeat at Natalie Portman Road Arsenal’s record is: W – W – W – W – W – W – D – W. Not too shabby at all.

"Despite near constant complaints from some fans we’re 2nd in the league, just four points behind United, and right in this title race. We’re in the Carling Cup final. Still in Europe, still in the FA Cup, and for once our injury record isn’t as horrendous as normal. There’s plenty to be positive about and while the idea of Barcelona is a worry to any team I think we’re in much better shape going into these games than we were last season."

I think this begs the question: if Arsenal manage to give Barca a hell of a fight, or maybe even win, would it be a big enough boost in morale to win the Premier League title?

Scenarios aside, I agree with Arseblogger that Arsenal have a much better shot on Wednesday than last season. Fabregas and Wilshere are in swinging form, Van Persie is joint fourth highest goalscorer in the league despite missing three or four months of the season, Arshavin is regaining confidence, and the center-backs who were intended to be subs at the start of the season are now a pretty solid duo. Smells like progress to me.

An interesting thing that I've noticed in the way the team has been playing since Nasri picked up that nasty injury is that more and more chances are being created from not just short, quick passing, but from accurate long balls on the counter-attack. It's a clear change that has probably been prompted by Wenger's understanding that he can't approach Barca the same way he did last season, and by the absence of Nasri, who is often the trigger and mediator of those short passes. It's much more plausible to counter-attack against Barcelona with long, accurate through balls from Cesc and Jack than it is to just waddle around the midfield and consistently turn over possession, which was the case last year.

Read in the paper that Nasri having fitness tests today and tomorrow, so theres a chance he could play :)

Im really excited about the game. I personally think we can win, but we just need to keep a clean sheet (I think Barca have scored in every game though).

We go into the game better than last year, but so do Barca. Pedro is established and on fire, Messi is even better this season, and they have Villa.

Im just interested in Wilshere-Song-Cesc against Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta. That will be awesome.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6753843,00.html

Chamakh is burnt out ^^.

Wont get a feeling of 1st team action atleast untill march , he will remain as a sub.

The former Bordeaux man has explained that by January he was feeling the effects of a new, more competitive league without a winter break, and is happy to be rested for now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6754240,00.html

Nasri is back for barca game ^^ Most probably will be a sub.

Tommorow is going to be one hell of a day.

I'd take a draw; and run off with it like a five year old girl this second. :o

Barca dismantle any opposition seemingly at will and we use our flowing attack to mask our defensive frailties - something which the best footballing side of the last five or so years won't find difficult to exploit. :(

I'll be ever so much more optimistic should Nasri make his way into the starting lineup though - but fighting fire with fire won't pay off for us this time I feel.

Gonna be a spectacle anyway! :D

I'd take a draw; and run off with it like a five year old girl this second. :o

Barca dismantle any opposition seemingly at will and we use our flowing attack to mask our defensive frailties - something which the best footballing side of the last five or so years won't find difficult to exploit. :(

I'll be ever so much more optimistic should Nasri make his way into the starting lineup though - but fighting fire with fire won't pay off for us this time I feel.

Gonna be a spectacle anyway! :D

I know ' date=' boring 0-0 draw would be amazing though , then get away goals ;)[/quote']

Why would you guys take a draw? If we're going to have any chance of going through we have to win at home.

Respuesta: Official Arsenal Thread

http://soccerlens.com/stat-attack-arsenal-v-barcelona-16feb2011/65325/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+soccerlens+(Soccerlens+-+Football+News+Blog)

^^Interesting. Very interesting. Especially the parts about Wilshere and about Koscielny vs. Puyol. I think we have reason to hope for a home win.