• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Respuesta: Official Arsenal Thread

http://soccerlens.com/stat-attack-arsenal-v-barcelona-16feb2011/65325/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+soccerlens+(Soccerlens+-+Football+News+Blog)

^^Interesting. Very interesting. Especially the parts about Wilshere and about Koscielny vs. Puyol. I think we have reason to hope for a home win.

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Is it me or is this "free flowing v free flowing" a bit off? While I can't say I watch much of Arsenal, I have noticed that their goals against the bigger teams are on the counter from Fabregas to Walcott to whoever's playing up front while the passing around doesn't work. Might just be me but this whole "we're going to try and outplay Barcelona with "our" style".... What style is that? I've seen Arsenal play absolutely every style this season, as does every other team.

Is it me or is this "free flowing v free flowing" a bit off? While I can't say I watch much of Arsenal' date=' I have noticed that their goals against the bigger teams are on the counter from Fabregas to Walcott to whoever's playing up front while the passing around doesn't work. Might just be me but this whole "we're going to try and outplay Barcelona with "our" style".... What style is that? I've seen Arsenal play absolutely every style this season, as does every other team.[/quote']

Orly? And you've seen us hacking our opponents to the ground trying to get them injured so we can play against weaker players?

Orly? And you've seen us hacking our opponents to the ground trying to get them injured so we can play against weaker players?

Don't ever believe I said anything about hacking opponents, though I do believe looking at the fair play board this season, having 6 red cards already doesn't exactly make you look clean, now does it? :rolleyes:

I've seen Arsenal play absolutely every style this season' date=' as does every other team.[/quote']
Don't ever believe I said anything about hacking opponents' date=' [/quote']
though I do believe looking at the fair play board this season' date=' having 6 red cards already doesn't exactly make you look clean, now does it? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Getting a red for tugging a players shirt when you're the last man is not the same as getting a red for breaking someone's leg.

Getting a red for tugging a players shirt when you're the last man is not the same as getting a red for breaking someone's leg.

Every style, I don't exactly count hacking a player down as a style of play. I more meant play "their" way, the kick and run, counter attack. It's nothing that every other team doesn't do.

And I do get that, but it's still the fact that that is a dirty play. Not the same as "breaking someone's leg", but it's still dirty.

Every style' date=' I don't exactly count hacking a player down as a style of play. I more meant play "their" way, the kick and run, counter attack. It's nothing that every other team doesn't do.

And I do get that, but it's still the fact that that is a dirty play. Not the same as "breaking someone's leg", but it's still dirty.[/quote']

It's dirty play, yes. But the intention behind it is different.

The intention behind pulling their shirt is to stop them from scoring. But the intention behind dirty tackles is to stop them from playing their game.

It's dirty play' date=' yes. But the intention behind it is different.

The intention behind pulling their shirt is to stop them from scoring. But the intention behind dirty tackles is to stop them from playing their game.[/quote']

And I do get that. But, it's still a red card, which shows in the "stats" of Fair Play which Arsenal are something like the 5th worst in it.

Looking forward to the gooners game today, its a shame really all ur players aint fit, its already hard enough to beat barca with ur best 11, and having arguably ur best player this season out is a big blow.

Positive is that Puyol will be out, this guys a leader on the pitch, physically and verbally, hell be replaced by Abidal or Milito, but its not the same without Puyol.

Imo you need to pack the midfield, get real physical in their and imo start with Walcott, ull have the destroyers in midfield to break up the play and then have walcott who imo is the only real threat to the barca fullbacks.

----------Sczecney--

-Sagna---Kos--Squill*--Clichy-

----Diaby---------Song----

--------Fabregas-----

--Walcott-----Arsha---

---------RVP---------

*Presuming Djouru is injured?

Looking forward to the gooners game today' date=' its a shame really all ur players aint fit, its already hard enough to beat barca with ur best 11, and having arguably ur best player this season out is a big blow.

Positive is that Puyol will be out, this guys a leader on the pitch, physically and verbally, hell be replaced by Abidal or Milito, but its not the same without Puyol.

Imo you need to pack the midfield, get real physical in their and imo start with Walcott, ull have the destroyers in midfield to break up the play and then have walcott who imo is the only real threat to the barca fullbacks.

----------Sczecney--

--------Fabregas-----

--Walcott-----Arsha---

---------RVP---------

*Presuming Djouru is injured?[/quote']

Djourou's back.

And I hope Diaby plays instead of Wilshere. We need a more defensive player.

----------Sczecney--

--------Fabregas-----

--Walcott-----Arsha---

---------RVP---------

*Presuming Djouru is injured?

Djourou's back.

And I hope Diaby plays instead of Wilshere. We need a more defensive player.

Diaby was ruled out yesterday i forgot to mention ;) , I Have a good feeling about tonight especially after barca's last performance but then again usually every team that has a bad game plays amazing the next :(

err you guys forgetting Sagna is suspended?;)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-train-ahead-of-barcelona-pictures

Judging by how Eboue looks in pics 4 and 10 Arsenal might be in a spot of bother me thinks:o

Also found this on another forum

In what will surely be a concern to many Arsenal supporters, Barcelona are targeting the two legs of the Champions League tie as a launch pad to start a new campaign to get Fabregas to return home in the summer.

Having used our secret sources we’ve managed to find out a few of the things they have in store and plans already in motion.

Barca have choreographed a celebration routine for each goal they plan to score against Arsenal. On celebrating they’ll rip their shirts off to show T-Shirts with the slogan ‘CESC LIBRE’. This translates to ‘FREE CESC’.

Iniesta’s wife is due to give birth to their first child soon, he has already decided to name it Francesc. The little girl’s mother is distraught.

Dani Alves has secretly pledged to go on hunger strike from the start of the next transfer window until Cesc joins. It is understood this has the full backing of Guardiola and the Barcelona FC fitness department.

Having been inspired by the UK pub staff who all changed their names to Wayne Rooney for the World Cup, the entirety of Barca’s youth players will change their names in protest to Francesc Fabregas until their hero is allowed home.

Barca Chairman Sandro Rosell has been seen outside a soup kitchen just this weekend, when questioned he told reporters that Barca just don’t have the money many think they do which is why they can’t pay over the odds for Fabregas. On Sunday television schedules all over Spain were suspended for an emergency programme. CESCATHON ™© aims to raise £30 million to add to the £30 million Barca are prepared to pay and will run weekly until the player returns home.

Viewers are softened up with rolling images of Cesc, being kicked in Premier League games, whilst the donation number travels across the bottom of the screen. Ignacio Cazades of Salou pledges his life savings ‘I just couldn’t sleep if I knew I did nothing to ease his suffering.’ Unfortunately for CESCATHON ™©, Ignacio was a modest sardine fisherman and his savings amounted to €274.43.

Like all good TV appeals, a charity song is due to be released inbetween the two legs of the Champions League tie. The Barca squad record the single themselves. It’s an adaptation of the song entitled ‘The Best Around’ which was made famous again by James Corden singing it to Wayne Rooney before the World Cup, the chorus is:

You’re the best, You’re Cesc

Nothing’s gonna stop you coming home

You’re the best, You’re Cesc

We’re doing all we can and we’ll get you home

In what appears to be a desperate twist, Carlos Puyol promised to shave off his locks and have the words to the chorus tattooed in Catalan across his scalp if somebody pledges more than Ignacio the fisherman.

Barcelona are to allocate a squad shirt to Fabregas, he is to be given the number 27. A spokesman explains ‘Cesc is already with us in his heart so we wanted to allow fans to show their support by being able to purchase a shirt with his name on the back, all proceeds going to CESCATHON ™©. At Barca we are great admirers of Nelson Mandela and he was kept away from his home for 27 years, and we’ve allocated that number to highlight what is actually happening here. Cesc is being kept from those who love him.’ Pre-orders for the shirt outsell any previous Barca player.

So, Arsenal supporters are in for a rough ride and the rest of us have got an entertaining saga to keep up with.

err you guys forgetting Sagna is suspended?;)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-train-ahead-of-barcelona-pictures

Judging by how Eboue looks in pics 4 and 10 Arsenal might be in a spot of bother me thinks:o

Also found this on another forum

Ye i read this earlier , As for Eboue i think he will play well although i still think he should be our LB, he's better than Clichy at LB.

Dont smoke :P ' date=' [b']He does actually play amazing LB [/b]dont know why he shouldnt be given it as for Clichy he is all Pace thats about it and his positioning when the offense are on the counter attack he just isnt anywhere to be seen.

Yeah....amazingly awful. I'll give you 3 reasons why he shouldn't play left back; 1. We'd have no competent RB

2. He has no left foot

3. It's Eboue.

I don't rate Clichy, but Enoue at lb is a disastrous idea and will never happen.