• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

2 counter attacks = 2 goals.

Build up play = easy saves and horrible shots from outside the box by RVP and co.

See Nikidinho' date=' I wasn't wrong. ;)B)[/quote']

I dont think the Arsenal fans wouldve cared even if the goals went in of Valdes's rear side. At the end of the day, this is a massive achievement, and this win in itself, will probably go in the record books at Arsenal.

Adam - who does out play Barca? thats also like saying if LFC or Villa beat Man Utd it wouldnt be good if we didnt out play them :P ' date=' a win is a win that is how u win games like tonight.[/quote']

Point taken, that wasnt really my angle. I was just saying it could of quite easily been a completely different story. But it wasnt, and it was a fantastic game to watch.

Takes an idiot to say we didn't outplay Barca' date=' ,[/quote']

LOL

Point taken' date=' that wasnt really my angle. I was just saying it could of quite easily been a completely different story. But it wasnt, and it was a fantastic game to watch.[/quote']

Yeah I know mate but people are telling these fans not to get carried away, but why would they not?

Most games could be a different story, LFC's win in Istanbul, Man Utd in Munich, I know those are CL final's but thats my point neither of us would have won it had things been different (and could easily have been in those games) but it doesn't make the win any less sweet as a fan as you dont care.

Besides I wouldnt say Barca created tons and tons of chances they just dominated possession, but that isnt dominating a game, half the time they just passed it around slowly and around at the back, yeah they are amazing to watch but that are going to do that in most there games.

Of all teams it shouldnt matter to is Arsenal anyway, look at the amount of games were they can say "well we should have easily won that" but havent.

If memory serves me right anyway didnt someone miss a very easy chance for them last year at the nou camp to put them 2-0 up? had they scored that it might have been a different game to what it was, (could be wrong tho I cant remember)

Perhaps I was thinking barcelona played better than they did, I'm unsure now ! I don't think it's accurate to say arsenal outplayed them though as some people have claimed.

Your right though, it's your right as a fan to get carried away, and they can rightly celebrate this victory against the best team Iv seen in my life time.

Perhaps I was thinking barcelona played better than they did' date=' I'm unsure now ! I don't think it's accurate to say arsenal outplayed them though as some people have claimed.

Your right though, it's your right as a fan to get carried away, and they can rightly celebrate this victory against the best team Iv seen in my life time.[/quote']

Barca looked great in the 1st half, but I just dont remember the Arsenal GK saving tons of shots etc , Messi missed a great chance mind and no I don't think Arsenal out played them either.

Totaly agree on your second paragraph, they have been for a few years. I thought they were amazing when they had Ronalindho, etoo and co but there miles better now :eek:

your sooooooo biased' date=' barca should have been out of sight long before you got your goals[/quote']

How can you say that lol, that in itself is a bias comment.

If your going by every chance that 'shouldve gone in' we should of been 1-0 up with Van Persies strike in 5th minute, then itd be a different story completely.

Arsenal started the better, Barcelona DOMINATED 25 minutes in which they shouldve scored more then 1, but whos fault is that? (bar the disallowed :) )

Then Arsenal were the better team throughout the second half theirs no 2-ways about it.

awful defender' date=' somehow managed to have a decent game[/quote']

Shut up you tart. He's not an awful defender, you don't just somehow manage to have a good game against Barcelona without being a bit handy. Koscielny ,alongside Djourou, has been outstanding for the last couple of months. Accept it, you were wrong about him.

Didn't sleep last night ' date=' I feel like a 6 year old lol. Too much excitement, Also been thinking this the last few weeks I reckon it will be hard for Vermaelen to get in the 1st team , U may think I'm mad but Kos & Djo are getting stronger & stronger.[/quote']

I think you're mad... :P

I think Vermaelen is just too good to leave out, Djourou will probably get dropped. Verm and Koscielny will be a better partnership than Koscielny and Djourou.

I think you're mad... :P

I think Vermaelen is just too good to leave out' date=' [b']Djourou will probably get dropped. [/b]Verm and Koscielny will be a better partnership than Koscielny and Djourou.

Djourou's done absolutely nothing wrong. Personally, i'd leave the Verminator on the bench. Still, nice problem to have, unlike last year when we had to choose between Sol and Tweety.

Djourou's done absolutely nothing wrong. Personally' date=' i'd leave the Verminator on the bench. Still, nice problem to have, unlike last year when we had to choose between Sol and Tweety.[/quote']

I never said he had, but Vermaelen is better than him. Koscielny and Djourou aren't playing well enough together to keep Vermaelen on the bench when he is match fit. They're doing well but Vermaelen should go straight back into the team when he's fit.

Should Arsenal play the next game, the same way they play last night?

Arsenal are force to play like that, no choice. No team can play that fluent one touch football against the almighty Barca. Not Chelsea, not Real Madrid, none. Hard cold fact. Arsene realized that after last year shameful exit.

I think in the next leg, I fancy Arsenal will play with 9 men behind the ball, yes parking skill is require here, sulk up some pressure and hit Barca with some super neat counter attacks. Same game plan huh? :P

I'm not saying Arsenal wouldn't play the steady built up passing game, they should but lesser. Arsenal are going to give the ball to Barca anyway. Barca won the battle at the centre of the park, hands down. Even the stats tells you that the away team had a good game.

Fantastic result for you guys last night against arugably the best team on the planet. On the flip side Barca have that all important away goal and you can remember what they did at the Nou Camp to you guys last year so not time to get too carried away yet.

That game could of finished with any scorline mind with the amount of chances on offer, both teams could of been 3/4 up if the chances were taken. Brilliantly open game though for the neutral as both teams actually tried to play rather than stifling the other.

With all that being said though i can see Barca winning the second leg and going through :o

Fantastic result for you guys last night against arugably the best team on the planet. On the flip side Barca have that all important away goal and you can remember what they did at the Nou Camp to you guys last year so not time to get too carried away yet.

That game could of finished with any scorline mind with the amount of chances on offer' date=' both teams could of been 3/4 up if the chances were taken. Brilliantly open game though for the neutral as both teams actually tried to play rather than stifling the other.

With all that being said though i can see Barca winning the second leg and going through :o[/quote']

Silvestre, Campbell, Eduardo, Rosicky, Diaby, Almunia, Bendtner, Denilson.

Personally, i think we did well to only lose 4-1 with that riff raff on the pitch.

On the flip side their side is alot stronger than last season.. even just having Villa is a massive improvement for them.

Ibrahimovic=Villa same thing lol Barca didn't have much to improve on as they were already the best side in the world last year they could still play the last year's team and be just as equally good

Ibrahimovic=Villa same thing lol Barca didn't have much to improve on as they were already the best side in the world last year they could still play the last year's team and be just as equally good

Lol not at all :P Ibra didnt fit their style of play at all, where as Villa slots in with ease and can play on the left/center/right of their front three where as Ibra could only play right through the middle.

But yeh agreed on that second part. Either way i cant wait for the 2nd leg :P

Lol not at all :P Ibra didnt fit their style of play at all' date=' where as Villa slots in with ease and can play on the left/center/right of their front three where as Ibra could only play right through the middle.

But yeh agreed on that second part. Either way i cant wait for the 2nd leg :P[/quote']

I was talking about Ibrahimovic in those two games against Arsenal as he was very influential there and done just as good if not better than Villa this year, but besides that yes he was rubbish in Spain :P