Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Arsenal Gossip

Eduardo had 2 nice goals -

The first was an overhead kick and the second was a very nice tidy finish will be a good player when he performs to his best for Arsenal.

He is Arsenals best attacker. But you don't know it because he is playing 10 last minutes of the game. I know that he needs time to adapt but he must play.

Our previous selector of the national team Zlatko Kranjcar didn't believe he should be a part of WC 2006. He made a huge mistake! Slaven Bilic had courage to put him in first 11 when he became the selector. Croatia is now 1 in the group and Eduardo scored 11 in 16 games for Croatia. People can still debate about the quality of the opponents in qualifications but when you see his goals you realize that it is not about the opponents it is about him!

I'm happy that he is playing well for Croatia and that playing every second game in Arsenal didn't affect his "killer instinct":D :D :D

There isn't much difference but what he means is that Eduardo is a striker he is a very good finisher and takes his chance when he gets it but going forward RVP is much better RVP causes a much bigger threat but playing with Eduardo they could be a dangerous pairing RVP with his ability to terrorize the defense and Eduardo ability to finish this could be the start of a great post Henry era.

There isn't much difference but what he means is that Eduardo is a striker he is a very good finisher and takes his chance when he gets it but going forward RVP is much better RVP causes a much bigger threat but playing with Eduardo they could be a dangerous pairing RVP with his ability to terrorize the defense and Eduardo ability to finish this could be the start of a great post Henry era.

Thanks i had a feeling it was something like that but wanted to know for sure. Our strikers are all different like what you said about RVP and eduardo. What type of strikers are adebayor and bendtner? I think adebayor is more of a holding the ball up kinda player and bendtner is a target man .

Thanks i had a feeling it was something like that but wanted to know for sure. Our strikers are all different like what you said about RVP and eduardo. What type of strikers are adebayor and bendtner? I think adebayor is more of a holding the ball up kinda player and bendtner is a target man .

Yeah u would be right in what you said Adebayor heads it down to HIMSELF and holds the ball up.

Whereas Bendtner heads to ball onto OTHER players.

Best attacker...I doubt that' date='best Striker i would agree :)[/quote']

I meant like I said - best attacker. Best overall attacking player. Technique, assists, finishing - he's got it all. If only he is a bit taller! But then he would be better than Henry!:D

Now he is just as good!B):D

Im surprised no one has talked about arsene wenger's new deal. Isit because we always thought he was going to sign? If he stays to the remainder of his contract he will be the longest serving manager in arsenal's history.

Yeah most Arsenal fans were pretty sure Wenger was going to sign a new deal so it isn't that big of news but at least he has done it now. Below is a page on his new deal -

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=481179&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=TV+Online:+Ars%26egrave;ne+Wenger+on+his+new+contract

For me its Denilson. He already adapted to "the Arsenal way" and the English game as a whole ever since last season. And if I remember correctly, even Henry has said that he was really surprised how quickly Denilson was able to adapt. If he was given a run of games as a starter not only will he be able to handle it, I believe he'll do really well.

If u ask me i think Diaby is ready for a regular place as hes strong' date=' quick enough and a good passer. He has all the qualities but maybe denilson aswell but isn't as consistent as diaby and could get out muscled if he partnered with cesc in the middle.[/quote']

Agree with you there.

Diaby is definately ready:)

For me its Denilson. He already adapted to "the Arsenal way" and the English game as a whole ever since last season. And if I remember correctly' date=' even Henry has said that he was really surprised how quickly Denilson was able to adapt. If he was given a run of games as a starter not only will he be able to handle it, I believe he'll do really well.[/quote']

Gotta side up with Dudu here Denilson played amazing when he played toward the end of last season and is definatly worthy of a first team place. It is a decision between him and Gilberto and i would still say that Gilberto is number 2 CM (Behind Cesc) but Denilson is number 3 for me and should be main backup and be on the bench every game.

P.S - Walcott is already getting regular first team games after being on the bench every game but some games he has started. So he has already worked his way into the first team.

P.P.S - Fabianski has not yet had any playing time for the first team well of my knowledge. By first team i mean only competitive.

Any news on him and by the way it is Arsenal FC not FC Arsenal. Anyway you know anything about him. What position he plays' date=' age etc.[/quote']

Ofcourse i know! I'm watching him almost every weekend live. He is the best Croatian player, he is playing for Dinamo Zagreb and national team. He can play AM, DM and CM, but he says that he likes to play AM.He will play for one of the best europe clubs.Which? I would like to see him in Arsenal shirt. :)

Any news on him and by the way it is Arsenal FC not FC Arsenal. Anyway you know anything about him. What position he plays' date=' age etc.[/quote']

Hes naturally a CM and from what I've been hearing, hes supposed to be very versatile and can play any midfield position. He also just turned 22 a few days a go.

All this speculation about Modric to Arsenal has been going on for quite some time already... not too long after we signed Eduardo if I remember correctly and it all started when there were rumours about Arsenal being linked with Ognjen Vukojevic. And up till now its still just more speculation, rumours, and recycled and edited stories about Modric getting a move to Arsenal in the near future.... unless someone has something new that can prove that this deal is gonna pull through.:D

I would like to see him linked with Eduardo but one thing that concerns me is Arsenal have Gilberto and Fabregas in the middle. I don't want to see one more Croatian jewel sitting on the bench. Especially when their quality should be awarded with place in first 11. Luka Modric is amazing and maybe it would be better for him to go to Bayern where they need one quality midfielder.

The only chance I see for him is Gilberto leaving Arsenal for Valencia. That would free a position in the midfield for Modric.

It would be great combination Fabregas - Modric but I doubt that will happen because Gilberto stated that he isn't going anywhere.