• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

FT. Horrendous second half performance. The time to panic is close at hand.

Miyaichi and Frimpong did well' date=' Gervinho was a ghost in that half. It seems we couldn't score without RVP on the pitch.

The thing was they made 1 subsitution, we had to re-organise in the second half, if it were a proper 90 minute game. Would of at least won it 2-1 to us.[/center']

Fantastic point mate' date=' don't see what the fuss is about tbh.

Maybe people don't realise but Udinese have cashed in on their biggest assets(Zapata, Inler and Sanchez), yes they do have cover for these players, but they're nowhere near the trio's levels. Armero's a massive threat for them, but i'd doubt he'd be bombing forward so freely, ofcourse you have Di Natale upfront. but he'll need support, Asamoah pulls the string in midfield, but arsenal should be able to deal with him.

See arsenal going through.[/quote']

But maybe Udinese does have replacements lined up for the trio? Haven't you been thinking of that? I'm not saying that Udinese will walkover Arsenal, but Udinese's trademark is the ability of replacing their stars with unknown players and they're doing a big profit by going that way as well. Doubai (Inler's replacement) has been doing tremendously good during the pre-season and has been one of the better performers in the Udinese side during the pre-season (a Udinese side that has beaten the likes of Bordeaux and Marseille away during the summer). They've got two good replacements for Sanchez in Fabbrini and Surraco. Both of these two guys were among the very elite of players in Serie B last season and they've been looking during pre-season as well. As for Zapata, Udinese's got two exciting replacements in Neuton and Danilo. Remember that that a certain David Pizarro once upon a time got replaced by Gökhan Inler and that Sanchez wouldn't perhaps have been the player he is currently if it weren't for Quagliarella's depature to Napoli.

Sorry for going off topic folks.

Miyaichi and Frimpong did well' date=' Gervinho was a ghost in that half. It seems we couldn't score without RVP on the pitch.

The thing was they made 1 subsitution, we had to re-organise in the second half, if it were a proper 90 minute game. Would of at least won it 2-1 to us.[/center']

Yea didnt watch it but i noticed we subbed 9 or something and they subbed 3.. so yea our first line was winning it 1-0.

Anyways apparently we've signed Joel Campbell for sure now. And Wenger also came out and say he understands our frustration and says theres nothing going on atm but there may be something next week... Heres hoping.

Guest <klhepworth.

Yea didnt watch it but i noticed we subbed 9 or something and they subbed 3.. so yea our first line was winning it 1-0.

Anyways apparently we've signed Joel Campbell for sure now. And Wenger also came out and say he understands our frustration and says theres nothing going on atm but there may be something next week... Heres hoping.

Was just about to post the link for that story!http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/wenger-expects-super-quality-signing-within-a-week

Apparently arsenal.com says it too, don't know where you found out mate:)

Someone commented on this article say it was Franck Ribery:eek:

1 substitution? o.O Benfica changed completely their XI.. the eleven players that started the 2nd half will probably be the starters unless Maxi that will replace Ruben and Garay that will replace Jardel.. I only saw the 2nd half and there Arsenal did nothing. Gibbs had a poor time when he had Gaitan upfront, lucky for him that Arsene decided replace him..

1 substitution? o.O Benfica changed completely their XI.. the eleven players that started the 2nd half will probably be the starters unless Maxi that will replace Ruben and Garay that will replace Jardel.. I only saw the 2nd half and there Arsenal did nothing. Gibbs had a poor time when he had Gaitan upfront' date=' lucky for him that Arsene decided replace him..[/quote']

Arsenal Player is a bit rubbish then...

You sound like wenger, there's no excuses. We need to buy Alot of quality players (which probably won't happen but I'm pretty certain wenger has a few up his sleeve.) we don't just need a couple of signings like wenger said, we need atleast 4 top quality signings. Last night was a joke and let's hope wenger finally realises it.

Arsenal's only chance of winning some silverware has gone after their youth team, who were participating Eskilscupen in Sweden were thrown out because of their poor behaviour (The organiser said that the Arsenal youth team players behaviour was contrary to the values of the Eskilscupen). A fight broke out between them in a match and some local team and it carried on to the party which was held for the participants. One Arsenal player was thrown out because he started a fight and the police was called, which led to three Arsenal being arrested because they attacked the other players (the rest of them were shouting out verbal abuse and were aggressive towards others) and taken into custody, but their were eventually released.

Typical isn't it? I mean when the English go abroad, they just think they're all tough and kick-off but in the end, they just get their butt kicked.

Arsenal's only chance of winning some silverware has gone after their youth team' date=' who were participating Eskilscupen in Sweden were thrown out because of their poor behaviour (The organiser said that the Arsenal youth team players behaviour was contrary to the values of the Eskilscupen). A fight broke out between them in a match and some local team and it carried on to the party which was held for the participants. One Arsenal player was thrown out because he started a fight and the police was called, which led to three Arsenal being arrested because they attacked the other players (the rest of them were shouting out verbal abuse and were aggressive towards others) and taken into custody, but their were eventually released.

Typical isn't it? I mean when the English go abroad, they just think they're all tough and kick-off but in the end, they just get their butt kicked.[/quote']

They should all be sold. That is very disgraceful.

Chamberlain is having a medical at Arsenal...

ohhhh joyyyyy :rolleyes:

Chamberlain for 12M

or

Mata for 23M

ohh and don't start sharpening the pitchforks, but I feel we should go for Yanga-Mbiwa, he's tall, strong, good on and off the ball, quick has been performing decently for a while now in France (which will keep Wenger happy)

Personally would be sad to see AOC and esspically to Arsenal but hopefully he reaches his potential which is huge IMO , apparently the deal is £7million up front with £5mil in bonuses , i was hoping for more up front but meh , you can't be picky!

Enjoy him he's one hell of a talent , by the way your also looking at two of our other youths Reed and Shaw , let's hope we can get them on pro contracts and sell them off to you for big money again ;)

But maybe Udinese does have replacements lined up for the trio? Haven't you been thinking of that? I'm not saying that Udinese will walkover Arsenal' date=' but Udinese's trademark is the ability of replacing their stars with unknown players and they're doing a big profit by going that way as well. Doubai (Inler's replacement) has been doing tremendously good during the pre-season and has been one of the better performers in the Udinese side during the pre-season (a Udinese side that has beaten the likes of Bordeaux and Marseille away during the summer). They've got two good replacements for Sanchez in Fabbrini and Surraco. Both of these two guys were among the very elite of players in Serie B last season and they've been looking during pre-season as well. As for Zapata, Udinese's got two exciting replacements in Neuton and Danilo. Remember that that a certain [b']David Pizarro[/b] once upon a time got replaced by Gökhan Inler and that Sanchez wouldn't perhaps have been the player he is currently if it weren't for Quagliarella's depature to Napoli.

Sorry for going off topic folks.

I understand what you're saying mate, but which bit of

but they're nowhere near the trio's levels
did you not understand?

Ofcourse Udinese do replace their stars, but it will inevitably take their replacements time to settle in to the team, and be as effective as the players that have left(if they ever manage to).

He did understand. That's why he made a detailed post saying how their key players get replaced all the time and they are well known finding top quality replacements.
Ofcourse Udinese do replace their stars' date=' but it will inevitably take their replacements time to settle in to the team, and be as effective as the players that have left(if they ever manage to).[/quote']

You can't just suddenly expect their replacements to come in and perform to the same levels as Zapata, Inler and Sanchez, can you?

Thats the point i'm trying to make, sorry if i didn't put across my point properly.

You can't just suddenly expect their replacements to come in and perform to the same levels as Zapata' date=' Inler and Sanchez, can you?

Thats the point i'm trying to make, sorry if i didn't put across my point properly.[/quote']

You put the point across fine once you edited it, that second bit wasn't there when I first replied. :P

I don't follow the Italian league but unless I'm reading it wrong what the guys saying is that Udinense have a great knack of finding replacements that perform to similar standards pretty quickly. Maybe I've read it wrong, but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.

You put the point across fine once you edited it' date=' that second bit wasn't there when I first replied. :P

I don't follow the Italian league but unless I'm reading it wrong what the guys saying is that Udinense have a great knack of finding replacements that perform to similar standards pretty quickly. Maybe I've read it wrong, but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.[/quote']

Oh ok yeah i did :P

Not pretty quickly, it will take time, they can't all suddenly gel for a Champions League Qualifier against Arsenal. Udinese do have a knack of bringing in talent, mainly South American one.

Oh ok yeah i did :P

Not pretty quickly' date=' it will take time, they can't all suddenly gel for a Champions League Qualifier against Arsenal. Udinese do have a knack of bringing in talent, mainly South American one.[/quote']

Like I said I don't follow the team or league so I'm not claiming these things as fact or my opinion, just saying that it seems like that's what Paz was saying and he seems too know his stuff. You are saying they can't possibly gel quickly when I expect Paz would say they have had pre season and have proved they can quickly replace players before. I'm putting words into his mouth now though, I'm sure he'll reply to you later.