Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Great result last night given the current circumstances at the club. With all the negativity surrounding us right now, our performance was very good, particularly in the second half.

I'm not a big fan of Rosicky but he really helped settle the team after half time. Song improved massively in the second half too, he pushed forward too many times during the first half but marshalled the game really well when he dropped back to the DM role. Szczesny was superb between the sticks, his penalty save was one of the best i've seen, he is clearly our no.1 goalie now.

Overall, i'm very happy we've qualified for the group stage and lets hope this win kick starts our season good and proper.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

you know mate' date=' there are players who love one team and prefer to stay there for their whole life and support them. Di natale could be in Juve now, but he rejected every offer juve made. Gerrard is still in Liverpool, United has many players like this, Barca even more and of course there are some others too. I like that players because the prove that football isn't only money and success. I am not saying that for nasri who left, i am very unhappy, but i still like this guy and hope he will do well in the future[/quote']

Yes you're correct, but as a footballer you should ultimately want to win trophies. You may love a club, but I doubt anyone would want to finish their career with absolutely nothing to show for it. Gerrard has won almost everything with Liverpool(apart from the league, **** he must want to win it so badly) so he won't feel the need to go elsewhere. United and Barca players win trophies year after year anyway so that's an invalid point. There comes a point where you may have to leave the club you love in search of trophies, like I assume Fabregas has done. I also like players who aren't all about the money, but to individuals success is a huge part of playing.

Tbh I hate Nasri because he said he joined City because the fan's were better.

Most player join city just for the money' date='they've only turned into a good team because of money, we've done well seeming we never spend a lot of money,

so thats a positive for Wenger being our manager.[/quote']

Do you really think he joined City because the fans are better? It's just an excuse. I have one word. $$$$$. You can argue that he moved there because they have a bigger chance of winning trophies than Arsenal, but he had the chance to go to Man U so this argument is proved wrong.

Nasri never said he JOINED city for their fans, it was just a not so thinly veiled attack upon Arsenal fans who gave him so much stick ( not getting into if its deserved or not ) through the summer, he said he is glad to have joined city because there fans are so much more passionate and remind him of Marseille. Lets not take things out of context.

No doubt one of the reasons Nasri moved is the fact City can offer him more money, but City due to having the money are constantly improving there squad and will challenge for honours on a consistent basis, if everyone else in england, including some gooners think your a sinking ship, why isnt he allowed to ?

He wanted to go and win things ?

Arsenal isnt his first club, he hasnt been there for years, I dont see why everyone is kicking off, all clubs lose players. Your not as untouchable as you guys think you are, your still a HUGE club, massive, but not untouchable.

EDIT: Just realised i waded into the does he deserve abuse debate !!

Wages are always a problem for arsenal. All the top players demand 200k a week arsenal are only willing to pay half that at most, thats why were constantly getting the young players. then few years on they become talented, want higher wages and move on to what they call "bigger clubs" only because their willing to pay them ridiculous amounts...

Wages are always a problem for arsenal. All the top players demand 200k a week arsenal are only willing to pay half that at most' date=' thats why were constantly getting the young players. then few years on they become talented, want higher wages and move on to what they call "bigger clubs" only because their willing to pay them ridiculous amounts...[/quote']

I think your slightly exaggerating what top players demand.

I dont doubt that a select few, a dozen maybe earn around the 200k mark.

I dont think wages are stopping you from signing a new CB like Cahill or Samba ?

I also dont doubt that Arsenals wage structure means they cant compete for players who want 100K plus a week, but a 100K a week can attract ALOT of players.

Hardly any players want 200k a week. Nasri isnt even on that at City.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Tbh I hate Nasri because he said he joined City because the fan's were better.

Most player join city just for the money' date='they've only turned into a good team because of money, we've done well seeming we never spend a lot of money,

so thats a positive for Wenger being our manager.[/quote']

yes i kmow, but i never hate players for changing clubs except if its about panathinaikos in basketball. :P A couple of our players in basket changed clubs last season and i am very angry with them because panathinaikos is the best team in Europe for me (always in basketball!) ;)

Yes you're correct' date=' but as a footballer you should ultimately want to win trophies. You may love a club, but I doubt anyone would want to finish their career with absolutely nothing to show for it. Gerrard has won almost everything with Liverpool(apart from the league, **** he must want to win it so badly) so he won't feel the need to go elsewhere. United and Barca players win trophies year after year anyway so that's an invalid point. There comes a point where you may have to leave the club you love in search of trophies, like I assume Fabregas has done. I also like players who aren't all about the money, but to individuals success is a huge part of playing.

Do you really think he joined City because the fans are better? It's just an excuse. I have one word. $$$$$. You can argue that he moved there because they have a bigger chance of winning trophies than Arsenal, but he had the chance to go to Man U so this argument is proved wrong.[/quote']

i agree but fabregas didn't leave only for money and trophies. He went to barca and he loves that team. i am sure he likes arsenal too but barca is his favourite team. There are some guys who didn't left their teams for success and i like that. Everyone wants only to win and earn money, so for me its good to have someone different like di natale!

F - Arsenal' date=' Marsielle, Olympiacos, Dortmund

Could of been worse....

But United easy as hell.[/quote']

for me marseille and borrussia are very dangerous, but olympiacos is an easy team ;) for me real, inter and united have easy groups, city has a hard group and then barca plays against milan! nice groups! :)

F - Arsenal' date=' Marsielle, Olympiacos, Dortmund

Could of been worse....

But United easy as hell.[/quote']

At the beginning of pool 4 i was like please dont get Dortmund or Napoli and look what happens lol.

On another note, Man City's group looks like it'll be fun :)

Hi guys I been busy today xD Anyway I was at the library reading some Arsenal books and I noticed that Wenger hasn't been such a bad manager until 2005 but I don't think he's a BAD manager now he has his good points and his bads.

So I think if he does leave it might be hard finding a new manager that might be as good as he is.

Anyway I won't continue since I'm guessing I'm going some hate.

We Got the worse group out of all the other clubs in England.

We did have an easy group last year but we will struggle unless we play very well.

We might as well enjoy this because next year we maybe in the Europa League.

6 days left in transfer still no signing I am Worried

we need sign players or we have no chance with the current squad

Martin looks like we may get him

Hazard No chance but nothing is impossible

Yann M'villa 100% sure we will get him don't ask why

Kaka no chance unless Madrid I accept 12 million or 10 for him

Cahill Only god knows

Jagielka Maybe? Maybe Not

Fábregas, speaking ahead of Barcelona's Uefa Super Cup match against the Europa League winners, Porto, said he had been nervous watching Arsenal's win over Udinese in the Champions League on television, but backed his old team-mates to make real progress this season.

"I watched it and became a bit scared when they scored and got the penalty, but I think after we saved the penalty the game became more comfortable for us and I think we played very well.

"I'm very happy for Arsenal and their fans because they deserve to be in the Champions League. It's a big boost for the club and the players, because it is a very difficult season and I am sure from this they will get so much confidence they can move forward."

Question: Why couldn't we have got Trabzonspor? English' date=' French, Greek, i don't see why they had to be kept away from our group.[/quote']

I've posted this in two threads now and all i've got is a rather ironic response from a Liverpool fan. Genuine answers appreciated. If i don't get a response, i shall consider you all totally useless,