Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Content that we signed Santos for a fee of 6m mainly because Traore is gone and we only have Gibbs so I'm glad that has been rectified quickly. Yeh he is 28 and isnt the LB that most of us would want but has 22 apps for Brazil under his belt and is good at attacking something which our previous LB cough clichy cough was awful at. Only thing is he doesnt have prem experience or any experience in good leagues. Lets hope he is good.

I'm glad we're signing Andre Santos because left back is a position where we need reinforcements, sure he isn't the best LB in the world but right now any half-decent LB could walk straight into our starting XI.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Arsenal are in talks with Werder Bremen regarding signing Per Mertesacker.

Someone finally woke Wenger up.

[*]Santos - LB/LM (NEEDED!)

[*]Metersacker - CB (NEEDED!)

[*]Young - Fwd/Am (Bendtner's replacement)

[*]Benayoun/Malouda - Hmm... Any Player with our size of squad is handy' date=' especially for around £8m.

[/list']

I've heard that too. Not heard too many details though' date=' but I would be interested in what price Arsenal would pay. I'm sure he would be a welcome signing for many Arsenal fans.[/quote']

if i remember rightly alot of Papers where saying he would be available for 8.7 million a few weeks ago when he was first linked with a mood however with there only being one day left in the window id expect the price to be around 10-12 million now. If he is to join Arsenal i think it would be a good signing especially as you really lack that Big Strong Centre back and with him being 6'6 he could chip in with some goals. :)

Someone finally woke Wenger up.

[*]Santos - LB/LM (NEEDED!)

[*]Metersacker - CB (NEEDED!)

[*]Young - Fwd/Am (Bendtner's replacement)

[*]Benayoun/Malouda - Hmm... Any Player with our size of squad is handy' date=' especially for around £8m.

[/list']

But it seems he's woke up too late, we can't get all those players in by the deadline.

Went to see Barca play Napoli last week when I was on holiday.

Fabregas was like a man possessed. If he played like that for Arsenal they wouldn't be potless for god knows how long it is now. He was that good. I thought he'd be the worlds most expensive substitute but I reckon he'll prove a lot of people wrong. I always thought he was overrated as he's never done anything when I've seen him play in the flesh and was actually shocked. The locals love him and think he'll take Xavi out of the team sooner rather than later.

I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan at this moment in time.

Next person to say this should be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

Wenger is getting desperate' date=' heard Dortmund turned down an offer for Gotze.[/quote']

From your personal line to Dortmund? Depserate? He's touted as the next big German thing in Gemany around these forums (apart from the next wunder -wurst of course :P

Personally I think - please Jesus, Santa, the Easter bunny I prey to you and all my gods let us sign some decent players in the next 24 hours and I will love you for ever! ;)

From your personal line to Dortmund? Depserate? He's touted as the next big German thing in Gemany around these forums (apart from the next wunder -wurst of course :P

Personally I think - please Jesus' date=' Santa, the Easter bunny I prey to you and all my gods let us sign some decent players in the next 24 hours and I will love you for ever! ;)[/quote']

Lol, think you misinterprented what I said. Look at the bids Wenger has been launching within the 24 hours, I am saying he is desparate to sign players, I am not doubting the player's cridentials. O heck I think Gotze can become the best in the world in a few years.

Lol' date=' think you misinterprented what I said. Look at the bids Wenger has been launching within the 24 hours, I am saying he is desparate to [b']sign[/b] players, I am not doubting the player's cridentials. O heck I think Gotze can become the best in the world in a few years.

It was the way you worded it :) I dont care desperate times calls for desperate measures!

Arsenal have left it far too late to sign. Today and tommorow is not acceptable (or is it Thursday as well?). We knew Nasri and Fabregas were leaving a long time ago and we have not got our wedge out and are just desperate to sign anyone to shut people up. I hope we can get Mertesacker- he'd be perfect for us. I think Park would be a nice option to have for upfront as well, when there are a clear lack of goals amongst the strikers, apart from RVP. Benayoun would be a good back up for us as well. But we need replacements for Nasri and Fabregas and Nasri. It is far too late surely to do all of these things.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Arsenal have left it far too late to sign. Today and tommorow is not acceptable (or is it Thursday as well?). We knew Nasri and Fabregas were leaving a long time ago and we have not got our wedge out and are just desperate to sign anyone to shut people up. I hope we can get Mertesacker- he'd be perfect for us. I think Park would be a nice option to have for upfront as well' date=' when there are a clear lack of goals amongst the strikers, apart from RVP. Benayoun would be a good back up for us as well. But we need replacements for Nasri and Fabregas and Nasri. It is far too late surely to do all of these things.[/quote']

i would love to see Per in Arsenal but werder has a good start in Bundesliga, they are 3rd after 4 games. I think he won't risk to join arsenal and leave werder.

Looks like we will sign Park today, according to BBC Sport, which is far more reliable than tabloid newspapers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14692916.stm

The video shows what Koreans are all about. Dead ball situations. Lethal!

We also look set to complete the signing of Andre Santos:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14712232.stm

These are good signings, but I don't think they would make enough of a difference for us in order for us to try and win trophies. We still haven't sorted out replacing Fabregas or Nasri either.

Latest on Mertesacker:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14717213.stm

Next person to say this should be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

I agree' date=' it got as old as Heskey in like a week.

But it seems he's woke up too late, we can't get all those players in by the deadline.

Yeah, well at least he pulled his finger out, and its better than:

We have many players out through injury or suspension, I shall wait for them to come back, there is no need to buy new players, as with the mentality we have, we can easily get over the loss of Fabregas and Nasri. The Skill and mentality of my bigger players are always developing, and the mentality of my younger players will grow to.

It will be interesting what fees he coughs up for them.

If its less than 15m for Mertersacker that's a good deal

I agree' date=' it got as old as Heskey in like a week.

Yeah, well at least he pulled his finger out, and its better than:

It will be interesting what fees he coughs up for them.

If its less than 15m for Mertersacker that's a good deal[/quote']

Mertesacker has only got a year left on his contract, id say 8m ish - 10m

Mertesacker has only got a year left on his contract' date=' id say 8m ish - 10m[/quote']

Suppose, I don't know them details, really good especially because 6ft 6, and all that experience with Germany.

Mertesacker is to undergo a medical at Arsenal' date=' exactly the type of player Arsenal need, great signing IMO just [b']a few weeks late[/b].

A few years more like, we might of won something.

So by the looks of rumours this could be the line-up for you guys

Sczesny

Sagna -- Mertersacker -- Vermalaen -- Andre Santos

Song

Benayoun -- Ramsey

Walcott ------- RVP ------- Gervinho

Something like that, thats a pretty solid starting line-up, benayoun is that creative spark that you need until you can get a big name in at January, If he keeps fit he can do a good job.

Has anyone thought about maybe Owen Hargreaves, if Arsenal could keep him fit he would be the perfect signing, head and shoulders better than Song.

So by the looks of rumours this could be the line-up for you guys

Sczesny

Sagna -- Mertersacker -- Vermalaen -- Andre Santos

Song

Benayoun -- Ramsey

Walcott ------- RVP ------- Gervinho

Something like that' date=' thats a pretty solid starting line-up, benayoun is that creative spark that you need until you can get a big name in at January, If he keeps fit he can do a good job.

Has anyone thought about maybe Owen Hargreaves, if Arsenal could keep him fit he would be the perfect signing, head and shoulders better than Song.[/quote']

What about young Jack?

I'm on edge. I won't be able to settle until we have signed Park, Santos and Mertesacker. These I'm sure will be good additions for Arsenal. Mertesacker and Santos will go into the starting 11, Park on the bench. The starting 11 will probably be:

Szcezney

Sagna

Vermaelen

Mertesacker

Santos

Walcott

Wilshere

Song

Arshavin/ Ramsey

Gervinho

RVP

Left wing and an AM is the only questionable positions for me.