• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

Good result for Arsenal with another win. Takes it to 8 straight wins very good year for the Gooners and this could be the year for them. Not a traditional Arsenal win but a win is a win and to be Premier League champions you need 3 things - Skill, luck and determination and Arsenal have currently got all 3 and the way they are performing they would be worthy champions.

Although it is a shame that Hleb is injured you get a winger lose a winger. Rosicky back next game Hleb now out.

And with Chelsea only drawing and getting Drogba suspended for a number of games Arsenal are now flying high at the top.

Arsenal English Champions? Man City in the Champions league next year? Reading concede 7 goals? Many questions and the Premier League is now up and running.

And with Chelsea only drawing and getting Drogba suspended for a number of games Arsenal are now flying high at the top.

Arsenal English Champions? Man City in the Champions league next year? Reading concede 7 goals? Many questions and the Premier League is now up and running.

Good start for Arsenal.

It is early to predict what will happen till the end of the season, but Chelsea looks like they are in bigger crisis then I thought and with this man "without taste and smell" on the helm I can't see them battling for the title. They have quality players but atmosphere is the problem and they need someone with authority to take over fast.

Atm, it looks like Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU will fight for the title.

Man City looks very good and imo they will battle for UEFA spot. Chelsea probably wont miss 4th place unless they really fall apart.

WOW!!!! we r 7 points clear of chelsea and played one less so cud go to 10!!!! that shud mean we shud finsih atleast 3rd an most asnl fans wud've bit a hand off for the 3rd at the beginning. but its true only been 7-8 games so we cant get carried away. hlebs out which is dissappointing but i think rosicky might be bak in time for s.bucarest if not we have enough to beat them anyway hopefully. im just glad we've got upton park out of the way and left with 3 points. ljungbergs goal should've counted. what a story that wud've been but anyway you need that bit of luck to be in the title race.

ARSENAL V THE BLADES

Arsenal have been drawn away at the Blades place. It should be a good game as Sheffield United have a lot to prove after being relegated last year and it should be a good contest although i can only see one result and that would be an Arsenal win i think -

ARSENAL 4 - 1 SHEFFIELD UNITED

Bramall Lane is a tough place to go we lost to them last season there and afew years ago in the FA cup we found it difficultto play them it will be a tough game if you ask me unless they rest afew like us.

I doubt they will rest any players as they are a Championship side playing a top 4 club and it is a big game for them and they will want to win it so i don't think they will rest any players. Even though we will rest some players i think we will still win comfortably let's face it Newcastle played almost there first team and are reserves beat them 2-0 so why couldn't they beat United by even more.

I doubt they will rest any players as they are a Championship side playing a top 4 club and it is a big game for them and they will want to win it so i don't think they will rest any players. Even though we will rest some players i think we will still win comfortably let's face it Newcastle played almost there first team and are reserves beat them 2-0 so why couldn't they beat United by even more.

Gotta agree. Plus, this Carling Cup game won't be taking place in December and it won't be as cold and as wet just like last season. And when Arsenal lost 1-0 back then it was the first that lost... its the kids that'll be playing this time. :P:D

I still think we are going to win but sheffield united might rest players because the carling cup isn't their main priority. There main aim is to get promoted not the carling cup thats why they MIGHT rest players. Evn when they beat us they rested afew then because they thought they were ganna lose anyway so there best players played in the teams around them in the table last season.

Ill be at that match supporting the Blades :D although my two mates who support Arsenal will be going and sitting next to me' date=' they have supported Arsenal since they won the Premiership afew years ago so you can see why they support em :rolleyes: anyway i hope the Blades can win so i can shuv it to em :D[/quote']

Ahh prepare yourself for disappointment m8. :D

9 starght wins :D :D :D for the gunners not vintage arsenal but job well done. If we dropped points people would probably be on our backs.

Arsenal are now showing that they can scrap for points so i hope this form continues as i am baosting to all my Man United m8's at school. :D

Great result very hard place to play good result and very happy with the performance.

Arsenal are now showing that they can scrap for points so i hope this form continues as i am baosting to all my Man United m8's at school. :D

Great result very hard place to play good result and very happy with the performance.

wow same as me today my liverpool and man u m8's were arguing over whos better while i just sat back and didnt need to worry. well, for now.

Jens Lehmann and William Gallas are likely to be back in full training by the time Arsenal kick off against Sunderland on Sunday however neither are expected to feature.

Both players started their last Club game at Blackburn on August 19. The centre back picked up a groin injury hurdling a challenge from Roque Santa Cruz while the keeper has been sidelined with Achilles and then elbow problems ever since.

Lehmann returned to the training field on Thursday morning and Gallas is expected to follow suit the following day. Likewise, Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and Alex Song (calf) are no longer injured but not yet fit. The five players who were doubtful for the midweek game at Steaua came through unscathed. Therefore, the only player in need of the physio team is Eduardo (ankle).

“Lehmann came back into full training today,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. “Gallas should be in full training tomorrow. Rosicky and Song as well. Physically they are all better. But all of them will be short to be considered for Sunday. The only one completely out though is Eduardo."

Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full video interview with Arsène Wenger on Friday. In it he talks about the win at Steaua, going through from the Champions League groups, Liverpool and Chelsea in Europe, why Roy Keane had to be a manager, Sunderland’s chances of staying up and why he did not buy Craig Gordon.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=482537&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Lehmann+and+Gallas+look+set+to+return+to+full+training

You need to pray that Modric will play for you!!! You need to see what he did to AJAX defence hehe

I heard about that... and its also a bit of a surprise that Dinamo Zagreb are in Europe. And yes, I for one am hoping that he does end up at Arsenal.

By the way, is there any site that would have the highlights of that game?

I heard about that... and its also a bit of a surprise that Dinamo Zagreb are in Europe. And yes' date=' I for one am hoping that he does end up at Arsenal.

By the way, is there any site that would have the highlights of that game?[/quote']

You need to see what he did to Ajax defence :eek: :eek: , but i cant find that on the youtube :eek:

EDIT: I found something but not good camera, look at 0.22, between legs, right and shot, but keeper saved that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOxkRQa01Zo&mode=related&search=

EDIT2 : these are highlights of yesterdays match, look at Modric, he is the man! And i think that he will play in Arsenal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnaBmwius4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcG5Y_3JWeU

Svejk' date=' are you crazy??

Now that Dinamo is in UEFA, Modric is staying!!!!:D :D

If we pass the group stage will stay for the whole season. And then after EURO 2008 he will be so expensive it is question who will have enough money for him.

:)[/quote']

Well i imagine if we want him we could get him as we are officially the 2nd richest club in the world. So if we want him i don't see why we couldn't get him.

Well i imagine if we want him we could get him as we are officially the 2nd richest club in the world. So if we want him i don't see why we couldn't get him.

Definitely, but remember - Wenger isn't buying expensive players.

You have plenty of solid players in the middle so I wouldn't like to see him there. But if he ends up in Arsenal it would be a lot easier for him and Eduardo.

Definitely' date=' but remember - Wenger isn't buying expensive players.

You have plenty of solid players in the middle so I wouldn't like to see him there. But if he ends up in Arsenal it would be a lot easier for him and Eduardo.[/quote']

I wasn't saying he will buy him i was just saying that he could if he wanted to.

I also don't think he will buy him as it isn't Wenger style he buys young and brings them to the next level he doesn't just buy next level players and that is probably why we are the richest club in the Premier league.