Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Kirky.

How do you know what iv taken into consideration. Im just saying he was bloody good before his move' date=' people are making out as if he was some randomer. He wasnt, not at all mate.

Im not saying he hasnt developed ( please tell me where i have said anything along those lines ), im just saying I dont think Wenger has made him the player he is today, the sole reason rather.[/quote']

I didn't say the sole reason either. You're making out he could of gone to any top side and turned out to be the player he is today.

IMO there are three key aspects as to why Arsenal as a club, (not just Wenger) made him the player he is today.

1. Wenger. The guy is amazing at flourishing young talent, letting them bloom, bedding them in and bringing the best out of a player. Wenger has exceptional man-management skills and he integrates this well into nurturing young players. IMO he is second only to SAF in bringing the best out of players.

2. He is French. There are numerous French players at arsenal, as is the manager. I think this contributed in making the player feel at home from the off and settled him in well. By being surrounded by his own nationality, he didn't really need a "settling in period" so to speak and this is why Wenger thrust him into the first team straight away.

3. Fabregas. This guy is amazing and he will have played a huge part in making Nasri the player he is today. Same situation, different player. Fabregas was already an established player and a vital cog in Arsenals midfield. He will have taught Nasri a whole lot about the English game and matured him as he played. I think if Fabregas went to Barca 1/2 years earlier, I reckon Nasri wouldn't be half the player he is today.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Does it really matter what could or coudlnt of happend. No one can give an answer as NO ONE would know what would happen if Nasri went somewhere else.

Such a pointless debate. No one will ever be right. He joined Arsenal and did well. Just end this awful debate please.

Like a link to YouTube would confirm that Mr Troll go sod off.

Same problem HAYD3N still up' date=' can't sleep rofl.[/quote']

Might as well sleep. I doubt any news will come in the next 8 hours and if it does then you have something good to wake up to. Im just excited that we are looking good to get M'Vila, the big suprise will be Hazard if we get him.

Gervinho and Hazard upfront, there will be some chemistry there. M'Vila the beast holding it down with Song in the midfield Oooh:D Looking forward to the Swansea game.

I Know there will be no news until early in the morning but its just too exciting so wont be able to sleep lol' date=' Got a feeling we have atleast 3 more signings coming in.[/quote']

Who do you think?

I think M'Vila for sure and probably Hazard and Samba/Cahill even though we have Mertesacker. We should sell off Squillaci now because there is no chance in him playing.

Who do you think?

I think M'Vila for sure and probably Hazard and Samba/Cahill even though we have Mertesacker. We should sell off Squillaci now because there is no chance in him playing.

Got a good feeling we will sign Willian aswell. Last year of contract, so Shakhtar may be forced to sell. If not his team-mate Jadson. One will join imo

Got a good feeling we will sign Willian aswell. Last year of contract' date=' so Shakhtar may be forced to sell. If not his team-mate Jadson. One will join imo[/quote']

Theres actually a lot of rumors we're going to sign Hazard, highly unlikely but theres a lot of it out there.

Got a good feeling we will sign Willian aswell. Last year of contract' date=' so Shakhtar may be forced to sell. If not his team-mate Jadson. One will join imo[/quote']

One of those would be good but if we sign one of those then I dont know what the likelihood would be of getting Hazard since one of those would be the playmaker. I would prefer Hazard but Willian/Jadson would cost less which is what Wenger likes.

Who do you think?

M'vila would be absolutly amazing and id take samba and ship out Djourou, and as Maom said Willian or Jadson will be here tommorow no doubts :D:D:D

Personally think hazard is unlikely, I Have a feeling wenger is gonna buy the right players 99% but i have a 1% feeling he may let us down.. Roll on tommorow!! :)

M'vila would be absolutly amazing and id take samba and ship out Djourou' date=' and as Maom said Willian or Jadson will be here tommorow no doubts :D:D:D

Personally think hazard is unlikely, I Have a feeling wenger is gonna buy the right players 99% but i have a 1% feeling he may let us down.. Roll on tommorow!! :)[/quote']

Things are looking better, getting excited myself now.

Just wanna keep talking about our signings ATM, Mertesacker lacks pace but I'm certain he's gonna be class for us, top defender and we will finally stop Stoke with their petty throw ins, I've seen park play but not enough to properly judge, good at finishing and has a good work rate and should put in a good shift for us I think. Andre santos, same again not seen much of him to judge, he's good going forward and can whip in a good cross not to mention his skills, great at set pieces aswell, think he'll do good for us.

Just wanna keep talking about our signings ATM' date=' Mertesacker lacks pace but I'm certain he's gonna be class for us, top defender and we will finally stop Stoke with their petty throw ins, I've seen park play but not enough to properly judge, good at finishing and has a good work rate and should put in a good shift for us I think. Andre santos, same again not seen much of him to judge, he's good going forward and can whip in a good cross not to mention his skills, great at set pieces aswell, think he'll do good for us.[/quote']

Yeh agree on Mertesacker about him being slow but will be class. Just fear that Santos will lack good defending, the attacking dont bother me. Defending comes first and I just hope he doesnt be like Clichy. RvP will still be the boss of set peices considering he is also left footed with Santos chipping in here and there. If we also get M'Vila, Samba and Hazard or Jadson, I cant think anything else other than it will be a success overall in terms of at least getting a CL spot even though this season is more competitive than ever when it comes to who will get in the top 4.

Now all we need to do is just wait and see if these are the players that Wengers brings in because I would be fine with them.

Yeh agree on Mertesacker about him being slow but will be class. Just fear that Santos will lack good defending' date=' the attacking dont bother me. Defending comes first and I just hope he doesnt be like Clichy. RvP will still be the boss of set peices considering he is also left footed with Santos chipping in here and there. If we also get M'Vila, Samba and Hazard or Jadson, I cant think anything else other than it will be a success overall in terms of at least getting a CL spot even though this season is more competitive than ever when it comes to who will get in the top 4.

Now all we need to do is just wait and see if these are the players that Wengers brings in because I would be fine with them.[/quote']

But when its a free kick in a crossing position, surely you'd prefer RVP in the box...

I still think you're lacking that creative park in the middle. Now you've signed a LB and a CB I can't see any more defenders joining btw.

Hazard wont be joining either, and if you can get a quality AM to replace Fabbers, then you're team over all would have improved this season IMO..

But when its a free kick in a crossing position' date=' surely you'd prefer RVP in the box...

I still think you're lacking that creative park in the middle. Now you've signed a LB and a CB I can't see any more defenders joining btw.

Hazard wont be joining either, and if you can get a quality AM to replace Fabbers, then you're team over all would have improved this season IMO..[/quote']

Why? Van Persie isnt the best header of the ball. Also we might be bringing in Jadson/Willian as the playmaker or Hazard who can be a quality playmaker but he will cost a lot which I cant see Wenger spending a lot to be honest. He is struggling over M'Vila's price. I think we could do with one more CB though cause Djourou stinks lol.

Why? Van Persie isnt the best header of the ball. Also we might be bringing in Jadson/Willian as the playmaker or Hazard who can be a quality playmaker but he will cost a lot which I cant see Wenger spending a lot to be honest. He is struggling over M'Vila's price. I think we could do with one more CB though cause Djourou stinks lol.

He's a poacher, you'd want him in and around the box, incase the ball breaks to him, and tbh, Mertesacker, Song and Verm are probs the only players better than him in the air.

lol yeah, but Wegner wont allow you to have

Verm

Merte

Djourou

Squillaci

and somebody else I'm forgetting about

Jadson and Willian are okay... but not the level that you need IMO

Shame there hasnt been much talk about Honda

Shame there hasnt been much talk about Honda

Wouldn't rule anything out? Andre santos was only linked with us once last month and out of the blue he's set to join. Koscielny also last season, but he wasn't linked once, seems more media attention wenger stays away most of the time which is a worry when u have the likes of M'vila being linked everyday.

He's a poacher' date=' you'd want him in and around the box, incase the ball breaks to him, and tbh, Mertesacker, Song and Verm are probs the only players better than him in the air.

lol yeah, but Wegner wont allow you to have

Verm

Merte

Djourou

Squillaci

and somebody else I'm forgetting about

Jadson and Willian are okay... but not the level that you need IMO

Shame there hasnt been much talk about Honda[/quote']

Hmm he is a poacher but to be honest, his free kicks are lethal. He is the best FK taker in our squad and has a big chance of scoring from them.

Honda would be good but I dont mind as long as we get a decent playmaker who can do the job. I wish we get Hazard even if its impossible. Right now options are limited. It depends if teams are willing to sell top playmakers for a good price.

Kosc is the one you are forgetting about btw in your list. I think we can do with as many CBs as possible right now though since most of our CBs get injured, I dont want another crisis again and I certainly dont want Djourou having to fill in for big matches if we have two CBs out. If we have to much we can probably sell off Squillaci/Djourou cause I dont like either. Squillaci is no more use anymore to be honest and Djourou isnt showing any signs of being a quality CB, he is lost half the time and his awareness of attackers around him is poor.