• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Maybe we could have Ziani as a back up for our starting 11. The former Wolfsburg player and Algerian international is without a club and is a free agent. He had a good world cup as well and has good pace, skills and crossing ability. Now Wenger doesn't like spending money, he wouldn't have to here!

Don't know if anyone saw my idea before:

I think we could sign Hazard. Why do you think Joe Cole is linked to Lille on loan? They must be expecting bids for Hazard and are trying to get Joe as a replacement for him. On the other hand, will they accept bids from us when we stole Park from them? I don't think they would turn down a big bid anyway. Money is money.

I like what Liverpool have done in the transfer market. They have signed Downing to supply the crosses, got a target man in Carroll to head the ball down to Suarez to score. We could do something similar to that. RVP is fairly tall and we could have another striker from the window to partner him. For the crossing winger, here is a name all but forgotten. Tshabalala. He would be fairly cheap and at the World Cup, he crossed the ball well and we could do with his celebrations to cheer us up. He may not be as good as Gotze, M'Villa, Jadson, Willian or Hazard, but he'll be cheaper, and it's not our style to sign "world class A listers" like the mentioned players and it's more our style to buy good players and make them into great players. Tshabalala could do that through our club. Plays for Kaiser Cheifs (I thought they were a band)!?

I think we could sign Hazard. Why do you think Joe Cole is linked to Lille on loan? They must be expecting bids for Hazard and are trying to get Joe as a replacement for him

Seems good for us but lille rate hazard at 37 million and no way will wenger pay that

Maybe we could have Ziani as a back up for our starting 11. The former Wolfsburg player and Algerian international is without a club and is a free agent. He had a good world cup as well and has good pace' date=' skills and crossing ability. Now Wenger doesn't like spending money, he wouldn't have to here!

Don't know if anyone saw my idea before:

[b']I think we could sign Hazard.[/b] Why do you think Joe Cole is linked to Lille on loan? They must be expecting bids for Hazard and are trying to get Joe as a replacement for him. On the other hand, will they accept bids from us when we stole Park from them? I don't think they would turn down a big bid anyway. Money is money.

I like what Liverpool have done in the transfer market. They have signed Downing to supply the crosses, got a target man in Carroll to head the ball down to Suarez to score. We could do something similar to that. RVP is fairly tall and we could have another striker from the window to partner him. For the crossing winger, here is a name all but forgotten. Tshabalala. He would be fairly cheap and at the World Cup, he crossed the ball well and we could do with his celebrations to cheer us up. He may not be as good as Gotze, M'Villa, Jadson, Willian or Hazard, but he'll be cheaper, and it's not our style to sign "world class A listers" like the mentioned players and it's more our style to buy good players and make them into great players. Tshabalala could do that through our club. Plays for Kaiser Cheifs (I thought they were a band)!?

Sky Sports say there is no chance Hazard will go to Arsenal !

Sky Sports say there is no chance Hazard will go to Arsenal !

What do they know? They aren't a fly on the wall at Arsenal. Anything could happen between now and midnight. Who knows, we may even break the British transfer record, or we may not buy at all. The keywords I used was COULD and MAY!

I hope we sign Benayoun if we can't get Hazard or anyone else. Feel sorry for him because he couldn't get into the team at two big clubs in Chelsea and Liverpool and we could do with a player who can pick a pass and defend like him, and now that Parker has gone to Spurs, he may be one of very few options as a DM. Doubt more than one signing now to add to Sacky, Park and Santos to be honest.

Hope Gotze and M'Villa can come though- two world class youngsters.

What do they know? They aren't a fly on the wall at Arsenal. Anything could happen between now and midnight. Who knows' date=' we may even break the British transfer record, or we may not buy at all. The keywords I used was COULD and MAY!

I hope we sign Benayoun if we can't get Hazard or anyone else. Feel sorry for him because he couldn't get into the team at two big clubs in Chelsea and Liverpool and we could do with [b']a player who can pick a pass and defend like him,[/b] and now that Parker has gone to Spurs, he may be one of very few options as a DM. Doubt more than one signing now to add to Sacky, Park and Santos to be honest.

Hope Gotze and M'Villa can come though- two world class youngsters.

Sorry but ... you think Benayoun is a DM? :P

Sorry but ... you think Benayoun is a DM? :P

OK' date=' his favoured position is the wing but he can play in DM or AM, as I saw experimented with by AVB in Chelsea's pre-season tour.

Transfer window special featuring Robbie Savage (boo) and Martin Keown (yeah):) [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14723384.stm[/url]

OK' date=' his favoured position is the wing but he can play in DM or AM, as I saw experimented with by AVB in Chelsea's pre-season tour.

Transfer window special featuring Robbie Savage (boo) and Martin Keown (yeah):) [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14723384.stm[/url]

I'm sure this is the 3rd or maybe even 4th time you've said someone plays in a position completly different to where they play. No chance in hell is Benayoun ever going to play DM or at least not in the conventional role. He's like a park ji Sung preferred to play at on the win but can play in a central role if needed to hasstle opposition , that isn't a DM B)

Benayoun is just as useless as rosicky and we need to stay well clear from deadwood. Bring in m'vila, jadson or Marvin Martin or Borges Willian.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Benayoun is just as useless as rosicky and we need to stay well clear from deadwood. Bring in m'vila' date=' jadson or Marvin Martin or Borges Willian.[/quote']

i agree on that, i don't understand why people think he is that good. We bought Mertesacker, which is a great deal, why do we have to do bad deals again and don't continue with good ones? when i say good ones, i mean all the players you mentiond.

i agree on that' date=' i don't understand why people think he is that good. We bought Mertesacker, which is a great deal, why do we have to do bad deals again and don't continue with good ones? when i say good ones, i mean all the players you mentiond.[/quote']

One doubt I do have about Mertersacker is his lack of pace, but Im sure with pacey players like Sagna,Santos and Vermalean abeside him and along with his experience Im confident he will be a great defender.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

One doubt I do have about Mertersacker is his lack of pace' date=' but Im sure with pacey players like Sagna,Santos and Vermalean abeside him and along with his experience Im confident he will be a great defender.[/quote']

i think he will do well mate :)

One doubt I do have about Mertersacker is his lack of pace' date=' but Im sure with pacey players like Sagna,Santos and Vermalean abeside him and along with his experience Im confident he will be a great defender.[/quote']

Lets be honest, pace was never our defensive problem, it was dealing with the crosses and set pieces