Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

oh yehs are AMAZIN god yous have only beet some team from Cech republic well done:D

Hey m8 no need to get sarcastic if we play like that against Liverpool we will win 3-1 maybe more. You can only beat whats in front of you and we did that convincingly we equaled the Champons league record and from the chance and possession we had it could have been 10. So i don't think you can say that wasn't a good win or a good performance because it was.

P.S - Theo Walcott i have something to say to you -

th_Welldone.gif

Hopefully you will continue this into the next 2 premiership games and beyond because last night you were making those surging runs with confidence and that is the first time he has ever played with real confidence at Arsenal and after he scored his first goal and had a bit of confidence he played excellently and was terrorizing the defenders.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

oh yehs are AMAZIN god yous have only beet some team from Cech republic well done:D

granted the opposition were pretty poor, i think thats a very naiive and sarcastic comment. 7-0 in the champions league is the joint best score that there has ever been, and i assure you, there have been many worse teams than sparta ;) .

what about chelsea drawing against rosenborg? it shows that poor teams can be tricky to beat, and at the end of the day, 3 wins out of 3 is great :P

are you jeolous or somthing? as the guy said before chelsea drew with rosenborg and liverpool lost to besiktas. a team winning 7-0 in the champions league has only happened once before us that shows how unlikely a team can win by that scoreline and anyway where the only BRITISH team to win by that gap in the champion league so like to see your team try. slavia aren't a great side but they knocked out ajax in qualifying round they also beat steua bucarest and scored two goals in seville. they must've done somthing to get in the champions league and spurs only beat them 1-0 i think. and our performance on the night was one of the best i've ever seen in the UCL. but anyway liverpool next and i think it might be a draw because i can see both teams winning but i cant see us or them losing which is abit weird so im sitting on the fence and going for a draw.

Guest the plummer

Oh the joys of life, leave a wee cheeky coment to wind the arsenal fans up and it suceeds , 4 people have quoted me:D:D:D:D

You's would think yous are playing like brazil or something the way yous are talking:cool::rolleyes:

Guest the plummer

You can't speak English mate!

:eek:

A cant do much mate:o anyway a speak scottish :mad::P

Arsenal actually do look good tho tbh , walcot looks a differnt player and fabregas is just toying with teams:D

Oh the joys of life' date=' leave a wee cheeky coment to wind the arsenal fans up and it suceeds , 4 people have quoted me:D:D:

You's would think yous are playing like brazil or something the way yous are talking:cool::rolleyes:

[/b']

I most sincerally Apolagise to all the members that contributed to this thread except for a certain few that will be nameless ' date='having recieved complaints about

some trying to spoil the thread by putting stupid comments on etc ,i accidently removed the thread instead of the offending posts.

So please start again under here and i would ask all members to respect all threads started on the different teams etc,Spurs,Manutd,Liverpool even Crystal palace for the one that would post properly if there was one ,nothing to stop this person starting their own.

[b']Yes i do know some post in fun but not all see it this way especially the ones that support these teams and want the thread used for serious debate and discussion by members on their team .

So please give these type of threads the respect they deserve for the members that support these clubs and do not spoil them.

Thank you all.:)

The above is what i had put and do on the spurs thread after it was spoilt by non supporters of these teams thinking its just fun to come on and wind up members ,which in the end does spoil a good thread seems the next 7 posts etc could be in total responce to your comment ,but like you said you got 4 ,but to me that was 4 to many ,so yes you are allowed to post on all team threads but give positive feedback on them and not to use for your own private ammusement.:mad:

Oh the joys of life' date=' leave a wee cheeky coment to wind the arsenal fans up and it suceeds , 4 people have quoted me

[/b']

TBH mate, i think arsenal are playing as football should be, and not only that, we are playing the majority of teams off the park, bar the odd game vs bolton.

but on a more serious note, i think we do have one of the most defining few weeks ahead, and i believe if we can remain unbeaten after playing liverpool and man u, that will put us in a great position to finish highly in the league. it shows our great strength in depth when we can put basically our youth team out in the carling cup, and beat premiership opposition. w

whether we can maintain this form for the course of the season, i'm still not sure, but with us sitting at the top of the table with a game in hand, im happy :D

We played well against Liverpool on Sunday and we deserved more than a point and it should have been 3-1 because Bendter and Fabregas missed an open goal. :eek: All they had to do was take a touch and slot it in but they let the pressure get to them and they both sent it high and wide. I was supprised that Cesc missed but Bendter wasn´t such a big shock as he is very inexperianced. Walcott should have started for me becuase he adds pace to the game and he created 1 big chance in the 15 minutes he was on and sometimes he does lose the ball but you will running at that pace but around half the time he creates a goal scoring opertunity and they are good odds. I always though that we were going to win the game even after Gerrard scored the opener. The Gerrard shot should never have got through the wall as it was a very poor wall and should have been much better so i think that, that goal could have been avoided. They didn´t create hardly any opertunities and only deserved 1 goal at the most. We on the other hand played very good football and deserved 3 or maybe more goal but that is football.

I am still very proud to say that we haven´t lost this season in any competition. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARSENAL vs SHEFFIELD UNITED

Sheffield United play Arsenal at Bramall Lane in the Carling Cup determined to cause an upset.

The Blades have struggled in the Championship this season, currently sitting 19th with just 14 points from 13 games, but the team have shown signs of improvement in recent weeks and manager Bryan Robson insists they will 'enjoy the occasion and have a go at Arsenal'.

The hosts will look to shut down Arsenal's passing game, restricting the space, and captain Chris Morgan says that 'they have some world-class players, but sometimes it is who wants it most'.

United will be without Gary Cahill and Phil Bardsley, however, as both are cup-tied, while Ireland keeper Paddy Kenny misses out with a shin injury.

Veteran shot-stopper Ian Bennett should deputise, while midfielder Nick Montgomery could return to the side following a string of serious injuries.

Chris Lucketti may also be in line for a recall.

Arsene Wenger, meanwhile, has vowed to keep faith with his policy of giving young players experience in the Carling Cup, but says 31-year-old Gilberto Silva will take part in the game.

Defender Philippe Senderos and forward Robin van Persie are both ruled out for the game, but both would be unlikely to start anyway as the fringe players take centre-stage.

Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner is expected to be given an opportunity at Bramall Lane, with Wenger insisting 'he has all the ingredients that the team needs'.

The manager has also said that Theo Walcott and Eduardo can expect to be involved in the match, while Denilson, Justin Hoyte and Alexandre Song should also be given a chance.

Lukasz Fabianski should continue in goal, with Vito Mannone expected to be on the bench, meaning more frustration for Jens Lehmann.

Cesc Fabregas should also be rested for the game.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_2906259,00.html

ARSENAL 3 - 0 SHEFFIELD UNITED

A very comfortable win for Arsenal after scoring the early goal an Arsenal win never looked in doubt. Eduardo has struggled in North London since his move to the Emirates pre season and Arsene Wenger agreed quoting "He needs a goal." After that comment from his manager Eduardo knew that there was some pressure on him since his big money move from Dinamo Zagreb. He didn´t dissappoint within the first 10 minutes he put the away premiership side ahead and from then on it was easy sailing from Arsenal. Although United kept on battling and never gave up as they made it to the half way mark only that 1 Eduardo goal behind. The second goal of the game was also the second to Eduardo who but the very young Arsenal side 2 up on the 50 minute mark proving that maybe Eduardo is going to settle in here. From then on the game never looked in doubt and Arsenal were passing the ball around well. The ex-premiership side never looked settled playing against Arsenal´s reserve/youth team. The third and final goal of the night went the way that everyone was predicting and gave Arsenal a 3 goal lead. It came from the midfield this time and it was a youngster who got the goal. Denilson the young Brazilian got the goal which made the game safe and put Arsenal into the quarter finals showing once again that this young team is better than most championsip first teams.

BIG STAT - ARSENAL AVERAGE AGE - 20.1

Guest lola-1988

I WENT I WENT I WENT

OMG great game ref spoilt it a little AND alex ferguson is an IDIOT never stopped moaning.

everyone went silent when gallas scored cos they werent sure if it was in then the ref pointed to center circle and GOD the stadium nearly blew apart with noise! :eek:

B):P:)

• 3 weeks later...

We are going very well this year. It is great news that we beat Wigan at the weekend and it is even better that Manchester United lost to Bolton. Well done Anelka. ;)

We are now 3 points clear of Manchester United with a game in hand and are looking good so far with a very good goal difference as well. We could be on are way to are first silver ware in 2 years. :D

:D Come On Arsenal!!! :D

Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal

We outplayed them in the fist half and could've scored 6 or 7 but second half it was all them but in the end we got the 3 points and before the game i was a bit worried but we got what we went there for. Next up is Newcastle who have been playing poor but there are doubts as hlebs ruled out and i don't think cesc will be back in time. I don't who will get the goal for us maybe rosicky or adebayor because we don't have players who can score consistently for this game like who can get 3 goals in the last 3. However Newcastle's defence is shaky at the moment but no doubt with players like alan smith, viduka and nicky butt they are going to be a physical team so you never know. Also with big Sam's job maybe on the line that might give them a bit more of a motive but adds pressure to them.