Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Where's Infernito so i can laugh at him

Shut up, you pathetic piece of vermin.

Today was the most bizarre game of football i've seen since...well, since the Man Ure game. First half, we looked as good as i've seen in years. Offensively, we were quick, direct and played the way the Invincibles used too. Song was breaking up the play brilliantly in the middle of the park and Arteta and Ramsey were pulling the strings nicely. Sagna looked as good going forward as i've ever seen from him and he combined well with Gervinho. Santos was solid at left back and the two centre backs did ok.

Second half, we completely went to pot. Defensively, we were amatuerish. Their second goal was quite ridiculous, either no one told Song he had plenty of time or he was just stupid. Third goal, Koscielny completely lost flight of the ball. All right, Yakubu was offside but the marking was dreadful. Fourth goal....good grief. Djourou should be shot for his part in the goal. Ir was a quite incredible collapse, even by our standards.

Ratings: Szczesny 5

Sagna 6

Mertesacker 5

Koscielny 4

Santos 6

Song 7 for first half, 3 for second, 5 overall

Arteta 6 Very easy on the eye, lovely goal

Ramsey 6

Gervinho 6 Livewire. Bit of a mixed bag, but decent nonetheless. Will get better.

Arshavin 6

RVP 5 Quiet by his standards.

Subs:

Djourou 0 Dreadful

Chamakh 6 Good goal, did well.

Walcott 6 Put in some really good crosses.

Some moot points:

The officials today were quite simply dreadful. They should all be demoted 5 divisions.

If we play like we did in the first half for the rest of the season, we'll be all right.

If we continue to play like we did in the second half, then it's goodnight Vienna.

Well seeing as you seem clueless about most things Arsenal and their current plight I will not lose any sleep over it.

And I notice from recent comments from your previous posts it is the not the first time you have been labelled 'clueless' and 'immature';):D

Feel free to justify your loose accusations

Ratings: Szczesny 5

Sagna 6

Mertesacker 5

Koscielny 4

Santos 4

Song 7 for first half' date=' 3 for second, 5 overall

Arteta 6 Very easy on the eye, lovely goal

Ramsey 6

Gervinho 6 Livewire. Bit of a mixed bag, but decent nonetheless. Will get better.

Arshavin 6

RVP 5 Quiet by his standards.

Subs:

Djourou 0 Dreadful

Chamakh 6 Good goal, did well.

Walcott 6 Put in some really good crosses.

[/quote']

I think Santos was awfal, at fault for Yaks first, gave possesion away a lot, didnt look threatening going forward.

He might have stepped up but even then' date=' i don't think Yakubu was offside. If anyone's to blame for that goal, it was Mertesacker and Szczesny.[/quote']

Even so, he contributed nothing. The only good thing i remember him doing was making a strong challange to stop a counter in the first half, then giving the ball right back to BBurn. A few tame shots and thats about all..

Even so' date=' he contributed nothing. The only good thing i remember him doing was making a strong challange to stop a counter in the first half, then giving the ball right back to BBurn. A few tame shots and thats about all..[/quote']

His passing wasn't brilliant but considering that was his first game in yonks, i thought he did well. Defensively he was solid and that's all we could have asked from him. Again, he'll get better.

On a sidenote, i'm disappointed not to see Park yet.

Just saying but Yak was offisde for his second (by half a body) and Koscielny should have been in a better position to not concede that own goal, the cross was slow and he was flat footed, i've replayed it many times and i still feel he should have been in a position where he wouldn't have put that in his own net.