Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I'm leaving SM today' date=' so i'd like to leave my fellow Gooners with some advice. There are going to be times when people come strolling in here and start mocking you. Don't get worked up by them, that's what they want. What you need to do, is hit them in their soft spot [b'](i.e how their team is doing) [/b]and soon you'll see the wum being wummed. It's what i've done during my time here and it's been very successful.

I'll leave you with this message: Wenger OUT!

That is not a soft spot as most 'others' are performing better:p

You will be back before Christmas. I guarantee it.

I.E If Arsenal somehow turn us over 3-0 at the Emirates then the SM'er inside you will come rising to the surface to gloat on here as we all do.....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Oliver-Holt-column-Why-Arsenal-and-England-star-Jack-Wilshere-took-brave-brain-tumour-sufferer-Jack-Marshall-to-his-heart-article810650.html

Brilliant story, heart warning story of a footballer who is caring of others. Pleasing to see in light of recent events. :)

Jack Wilshere an Arsenal player I admire.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Oliver-Holt-column-Why-Arsenal-and-England-star-Jack-Wilshere-took-brave-brain-tumour-sufferer-Jack-Marshall-to-his-heart-article810650.html

Brilliant story' date=' heart warning story of a footballer who is caring of others. Pleasing to see in light of recent events. :)

Jack Wilshere an Arsenal player I admire.[/quote']

That's a great story mate :D a great player as well as a great person.

No' date=' Falcao was sold for his buy-out clause. Hulk has a far larger buy-out clause than Falcao had.[/quote']

It doesnt really matter who was sold for their release clauses if their release clause is actually what they value them at, which it seldom is.

That was for Hulk.

Not really. Porto wanted the relase clause fee for Alvaro when Chelsea wanted him.

Fair enough but there is no chance they could be that much out of touch and want 100 mil.

Alcantara Thiago has a buy out clause of 100m at Barca. They'll probably sell him for 10% of that when he realises he can't get a game! Hulk is not worth 100m in a million years' date=' and Porto are very much a selling club. Remind you of anyone- Arsenal perhaps!?[/quote']

I take it you've never seen Thiago play...

It doesnt really matter who was sold for their release clauses if their release clause is actually what they value them at' date=' which it seldom is.

Fair enough but there is no chance they could be that much out of touch and want 100 mil.[/quote']

Well it kinda matters. Say Arsenal are desperate to buy Hulk and Porto don't really want to sell. If Hulk has no release clause then Arsenal can publicly state their interest, Hulk might be interested, hand in a transfer request and move for market value or probably a little under considering the player wants to leave (see Fabregas). With a release clause, Arsenal have to match the release clause in order to buy him regardless of player power as the clause is in a contract he signed.

I take it you've never seen Thiago play...

Well it kinda matters. Say Arsenal are desperate to buy Hulk and Porto don't really want to sell. If Hulk has no release clause then Arsenal can publicly state their interest' date=' Hulk might be interested, hand in a transfer request and move for market value or probably a little under considering the player wants to leave (see Fabregas). With a release clause, Arsenal have to match the release clause in order to buy him regardless of player power as the clause is in a contract he signed.[/quote']

Firstly I think everyone has seen Thiago play, bad part is we all have seen Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Mascherano,Affelay play also.

And ya that is a really good point but we were talking about what Porto would want for Hulk and the fact that the ridiculous release clause is to protect them in situations like the one you just mentioned.

Firstly I think everyone has seen Thiago play' date=' bad part is we all have seen Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Mascherano,Affelay play also.

And ya that is a really good point but we were talking about what Porto would want for Hulk and the fact that the ridiculous release clause is to protect them in situations like the one you just mentioned.[/quote']

Thiago will replace Xavi in a year or two. Busquets and Mascherano play in different positions and Thiago's better than Afellay already.

Well, if Porto don't want to sell then why should they sell for anything less than the release clause? If the time comes when they want to cash in then yes, he'll probably go for much less but the transfer will be on Porto's terms (unless he's running out of contract).