Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Think the more exact one is...

Arsenal are believed to be preparing to make a move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema in exchange with Robin van Persie.

I think RVP has a good 3-4 years left and unless he wants to go then that could be Arsenal's best bet....

I would never trade RvP for Benzema and I dont think Arsenal would even do that deal. Benzema isnt even on RvPs level at all. Thats a joke if you think that is the more exact one.

I would never trade RvP for Benzema and I dont think Arsenal would even do that deal. Benzema isnt even on RvPs level at all. Thats a joke if you think that is the more exact one.

thats a littlebit biast i believe. yes RVP is amazing, but Benzema is pretty awesome aswell. equal to me

thats a littlebit biast i believe. yes RVP is amazing' date=' but Benzema is pretty awesome aswell. equal to me[/quote']

Equally as good as RvP? lol. Younger but not better or equally as good.

I am reading these articles and they make me laugh. Why in the world would you swap RvP with Benzema when RvP is the main man at this club right now and on hot form? Why would Wenger even be thinking that? The deal would only benefit RM. On the other hand Benzema is probably on high wages which we wont pay. Im just going to quote Salty now...

The media never ceases to amaze me.

Oh :) but when I said they have Sunderland next' date=' I mean Tottenham have them so I thought you said didnt Sunderland beat Tottenham. Misunderstanding.[/quote']

Oh okay I think we both got confused :P.

Equally as good as RvP? lol. Younger but not better or equally as good.

I am reading these articles and they make me laugh. Why in the world would you swap RvP with Benzema when RvP is the main man at this club right now and on hot form? Why would Wenger even be thinking that? The deal would only benefit RM. On the other hand Benzema is probably on high wages which we wont pay.

thats a littlebit biast i believe. yes RVP is amazing' date=' but Benzema is pretty awesome aswell. equal to me[/quote']

Interesting for a start Benzema won't join at all without Fergie not doing anything also swapping RVP for Benzema is pointless it would be better if we could buy him.

I personally prefer Van Persie (not being biast) he's been on top form and is one of the best strikers in the world and possibly the most in form striker in the Prem. In 2011 he's scored 44 goals in 48 games*.... Top class.

*Since I lasted checked.

Tbh id rather have both

That would be unlikely I'd rather have a reliable who was cheap and on not so high wages who could score at least 15 goals per season than paying high wages for Benzema.

dont get me wrong' date=' i think RVP is phenomenal. i just rate Benzema highly aswell[/quote']

Of course it's your opinion but I'm just making the point on how amazing RVP has been this year.

Wow Wenger said he wasn't getting anymore LB on a Perm basis. I'd loan a LB if I was him.

The beast Vermaelen will go there with Kosc and Mertesacker in CB and Djoruou at RB. Hopefully Djourou does good at RB this week and lets hope nobody gets injured in the next 3 matches.

Can't wait to see our line-up after the next transfer window , It would be nice if it was something like this :

Szczesny

Sagna* - Koscielny - Samba" - Vermaelen

Wilshere* - Song - Goetze"

Walcott - Van Persie - Gervinho

* Injured

* Potential signings

If Wenger brings in Samba and Goetze , he wouldn't have to spend for another 3 years haha . Everyone linking us to Gary Cahill , me personally I prefer Samba . What a beast :)

Can't wait to see our line-up after the next transfer window ' date=' It would be nice if it was something like this :

[center']Szczesny

* Injured

* Potential signings [/center]

If Wenger brings in Samba and Goetze , he wouldn't have to spend for another 3 years haha . Everyone linking us to Gary Cahill , me personally I prefer Samba . What a beast :)

Very unrealistic. Why replace Per and Arteta when they are in form and doing well...plus why spend the money on players whose positions are already of a surplus.

What we need is a full back, a striker and perhaps a goalkeeper. Even so, Miquel, Jekinson and Yennaris are chosen ahead of signing anyone for our full back position. He also announced today he is buying another striker in January anyway.

Benayoun will probably will Gervinho's LW position while Gervinho is away at Africa.

Cahill will probably be bought by Chelsea or Sp*rs. Samba would be too old for AW's liking.

And why place Vermaelen on LB?? Gibbs and Santos do a much better job going forward, plus I guarantee you Vermaelen is the most solid CB in the Premier League at the moment, and therefore it would be a waste to place in him in full back.

Very unrealistic. Why replace Per and Arteta when they are in form and doing well...plus why spend the money on players whose positions are already of a surplus.

What we need is a full back' date=' a striker and perhaps a goalkeeper. Even so, Miquel, Jekinson and Yennaris are chosen ahead of signing anyone for our full back position. He also announced today he is buying another striker in January anyway.

Benayoun will probably will Gervinho's LW position while Gervinho is away at Africa.

Cahill will probably be bought by Chelsea or Sp*rs. Samba would be too old for AW's liking.

And why place Vermaelen on LB?? Gibbs and Santos do a much better job going forward, plus I guarantee you Vermaelen is the most solid CB in the Premier League at the moment, and therefore it would be a waste to place in him in full back.[/quote']

Wenger wouldn't buy a CB for a start. We need to buy a new striker and possibly either Hazard or Goetze. I wouldn't over spend we got some good players. Of course we can improve our defense but with Santos and Merte signed in the last window I have doubts.

Also you must be mad if we need a new keeper a back up keeper then I might be able to see your point.

Can't wait to see our line-up after the next transfer window ' date=' It would be nice if it was something like this :

[center']Szczesny

* Injured

* Potential signings [/center]

Highly doubt we bring in Samba because, we have a lot of CBs when they're all fit. Also I would never want Vermaelen at LB. He is too good in CB to be moved to LB. Only if we have LBs injured should we put him there. Gotze would be amazing in the team or even Hazard. I would be filled with excitement Wenger could pull off a transfer for either. I dont think we will get them though because they both have a hefty price tag and also Ramsey is looking like a good prospect for us. I really think Wenger will go with Song, Ramsey and Wilshere to run the midfield for time to come. The only player I think we might possibly bring in if Wenger doesnt spend big on Gotze/Hazard is Podolski since we need a striker.

What we need is a full back' date=' a striker and perhaps a goalkeeper. Even so, Miquel, Jekinson and Yennaris are chosen ahead of signing anyone for our full back position. He also announced today he is buying another striker in January anyway.

And why place Vermaelen on LB?? Gibbs and Santos do a much better job going forward, plus I guarantee you Vermaelen is the most solid CB in the Premier League at the moment, and therefore it would be a waste to place in him in full back.[/quote']

Arsenal need to sign a ST- Benzema - CB - Samba MF- Fellaini

IMO that will be a beast of a team with RVP and KB up front then MA and MF YB and TW MF TV CS KG PM

Arsenal need to sign a ST- Benzema - CB - Samba MF- Fellaini

IMO that will be a beast of a team with RVP and KB up front then MA and MF YB and TW MF TV CS KG PM

No no and no I think we settled on why Benzema will not come and same with Samba. Fellaini there's no point getting when we have Diaby' date='Song and Frimpong.

M'vila is one of the most linked player to Arsenal so IF he joins then there would be no point. I don't really see why we need him expect because he's calm compared to players like Frimpong and Song.

Highly doubt we bring in Samba because, we have a lot of CBs when they're all fit. Also I would never want Vermaelen at LB. He is too good in CB to be moved to LB. Only if we have LBs injured should we put him there. Gotze would be amazing in the team or even Hazard. I would be filled with excitement Wenger could pull off a transfer for either. I dont think we will get them though because they both have a hefty price tag and also Ramsey is looking like a good prospect for us. I really think Wenger will go with Song, Ramsey and Wilshere to run the midfield for time to come. The only player I think we might possibly bring in if Wenger doesnt spend big on Gotze/Hazard is Podolski since we need a striker.

Podolski is a realistic deal which would benefit us.Hazard and Goetze I would like to see but as mentioned they would cost a lot.

• Buy a new goalkeeper ? hahahha ! I should have stopped reading after you said that .

• Your post amuses is so many ways :) Too old for Wenger's liking ? Samba is 27 by the way . We bought :
    Squalacii ( 31)
    Santos ( 28 )
    Arteta ( 29 )
    Mertesacker ( 27 )

• Per is in good form , yeah , ok !

• There is other options than Benayoun , a better one would be Oxlade , but Wenger will end up playing Arshavin !

The only thing I agree with ya , is the last bit ..And we are clearly highly optimistic with the signing of Gotze , but it's not impossible . I don't think I'm the only one that thinks Mertesacker is not the best of defenders , we need better , the fallowing back 4 pleases me :

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Santos/Gibbs .

A new Lb won't bother me , it would mean we'd have to get rid of one of the Lb's we currently have :) One think I know for sure , there are a few players we really need to get rid of , eg : Almunia , Squalaci ..etc