• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Look at ye people ? Talking Non-sense .. The other 2 ? Do you even know their names , one of them is Borges , 31 years old forward - Not gonna happen ! the other one is Danilo , 2 year old full-back , has played as RM as well but if I'm not mistaken is buy-out clause is something like 22 million ! But he's on loan from Porto .. :)

Look at ye people ? Talking Non-sense .. The other 2 ? Do you even know their names ' date=' one of them is Borges , 31 years old forward - Not gonna happen ! the other one is Danilo , 2 year old full-back , has played as RM as well but if I'm not mistaken is buy-out clause is something like 22 million ! But he's on loan from Porto .. :)[/quote']

How was I suppose to know :P?

• Buy a new goalkeeper ? hahahha ! I should have stopped reading after you said that .

• Your post amuses is so many ways :) Too old for Wenger's liking ? Samba is 27 by the way . We bought :
    Squalacii ( 31)
    Santos ( 28 )
    Arteta ( 29 )
    Mertesacker ( 27 )

• Per is in good form ' date=' yeah , ok ![/list']
    • There is other options than Benayoun , a better one would be Oxlade , but Wenger will end up playing Arshavin !

The only thing I agree with ya , is the last bit ..And we are clearly highly optimistic with the signing of Gotze , but it's not impossible . I don't think I'm the only one that thinks Mertesacker is not the best of defenders , we need better , the fallowing back 4 pleases me :

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Santos/Gibbs .

A new Lb won't bother me , it would mean we'd have to get rid of one of the Lb's we currently have :) One think I know for sure , there are a few players we really need to get rid of , eg : Almunia , Squalaci ..etc

Haha, seems I need to reply faster. Anyway regarding your points:

1. Goalkeeper backup now that Fabianski is out, not a first team goal keeper.

2. Again, I reiterate at this point in time Wenger (currently) isn't looking for older players whose positions are taken by our current first team.

With the case of CBs, we've got four centre backs already, and it just so happens that we needed to play all of them due to injury. However, rest of the time when our full backs are fit, two will be subs, meaning a newly signed centre back like Samba would drop further down to reserve. Again, on top of that, AW is more likely to promote a youth if things do get desperate (least we forget Miquel plays CB more than LB).

3. My point isn't who Wenger will play as wing. My point is that he will not buy considering the many possibilities he has.

4. BVB won't be selling Goetze any time soon anyway...so I very much doubt AW will even bother.

5. We don't need to get rid of anyone from our LB.

My original post was saying that your transfer window wishlist is unrealistic. Not saying that I dislike it, rather it's not possible by January.

PSG match was a true cracker. They won 4-2, and missed a penalty. Got into the match so much, I forgot to update with the scores on here. Was end to end and full of chances. I believe PSG are still out though, as Salzburg won.

And now for another Europa League match- that's why I love the Europa League. You get one good game and you can watch another one 15 mins later.

• Buy a new goalkeeper ? hahahha ! I should have stopped reading after you said that .

• Your post amuses is so many ways :) Too old for Wenger's liking ? Samba is 27 by the way . We bought :
    Squalacii ( 31)
    Santos ( 28 )
    Arteta ( 29 )
    Mertesacker ( 27 )

• Per is in good form ' date=' yeah , ok ![/list']
    • There is other options than Benayoun , a better one would be Oxlade , but Wenger will end up playing Arshavin !

The only thing I agree with ya , is the last bit ..And we are clearly highly optimistic with the signing of Gotze , but it's not impossible . I don't think I'm the only one that thinks Mertesacker is not the best of defenders , we need better , the fallowing back 4 pleases me :

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Santos/Gibbs .

A new Lb won't bother me , it would mean we'd have to get rid of one of the Lb's we currently have :) One think I know for sure , there are a few players we really need to get rid of , eg : Almunia , Squalaci ..etc

You go on about all that and don't pick up his biggest boo boo.

plus I guarantee you Vermaelen is the most solid CB in the Premier League at the moment

There are a couple of CB's I would take over him. If he had said one of the top, I might have believed it.

We're almost there....

Reus is a pretty good choice if we can get him. Bayern accepted Reus is quality but one too many for their squad, so most likely they're not interested.

Forward: RVP + Park + Podolski/Huntelaar/Damiao

Wing: Gervinho + Walcott + AOC + Ryo + Gotze/Hazard/Lucas/Reus/Martin

Mid: Ramsey + Arteta + Song + Wilshere + Frimpong + Coquelin

Fullback: Sagna/Djourou/Jenkinson + Gibbs/Verm/Santos

CB: Mertesacker/Kos/Miquel/Samba

Omfg, the title is ours if we can do this.

Provided no star names leave.

We're almost there....

Reus is a pretty good choice if we can get him. Bayern accepted Reus is quality but one too many for their squad' date=' so most likely they're not interested.

Forward: RVP + Park + [i']Podolski/Huntelaar/Damiao[/i]

I doubt we could get all of those players (Hazard Gotze) but some of these would be nice and may be possible.

We can't just say who we want on our team and hope it happens we have to see what happens....

We're almost there....

Reus is a pretty good choice if we can get him. Bayern accepted Reus is quality but one too many for their squad' date=' so most likely they're not interested.

Forward: RVP + Park + [i']Podolski/Huntelaar/Damiao[/i]

Podolski, Martin and Samba could be possible.

However I think you have to be realistic and consider the fact that the remaining players you mention will be looking for moves to bigger clubs than Arsenal.

Huntelaar is tearing up the Bundesliga and doing well with Schalke (similar level club to Arsenal imho) so has no reason to leave.

Damaio could be a possibilty tbh, but there are much bigger clubs than yourselves competing for him so I think you would be knocked back.

Rodrigues Lucas and Reus - as above

Hazard and Gotze are only going to move to one of Europe's elite clubs, if and when they do move.

Whilst Arsenal are a decent side, until they are considered major contenders for either the PL or CL, players like Gotze and Hazard will most probably be looking toward a side regularly contesting major trophies.