Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Milan will hate this draw. If there's one things Italian teams don't like' date=' it's pace. Gervinho and Walcott, even Chamberlain, will make them poo in their pants. Ibra won't have Xavi to put things on a plate for him and Robinho is rubbish (against English sides). Their biggest threat is Boateng, he can produce something out of nothing. Not worried in the slightest.

P.S I'm only back because it's my birthday and decided to give you all a birthday present. I'll be gone again after the Etihad game.[/quote']

Back, where did you go???

And happy birthday!

milan should not be a problem as long as we have szczesny, vermalen and RVP fit. also we should have sagna back and wilshere for the second leg if not the first.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Milan will hate this draw. If there's one things Italian teams don't like' date=' it's pace. [b']Gervinho[/b] and Walcott, even Chamberlain, will make them poo in their pants. Ibra won't have Xavi to put things on a plate for him and Robinho is rubbish (against English sides). Their biggest threat is Boateng, he can produce something out of nothing. Not worried in the slightest.

P.S I'm only back because it's my birthday and decided to give you all a birthday present. I'll be gone again after the Etihad game.

I highly doubt Gervinho will be available for the 1st leg due to the Africa cup of Nations etc - Just saying :P

Anyway, should be a interesting game between two good sides. Not sure who will win yet, as the January transfer window will most likely alter peoples opinions especially if Milan sign Tevez or something :P

I highly doubt Gervinho will be available for the 1st leg due to the Africa cup of Nations etc - Just saying :P

Anyway' date=' should be a interesting game between two good sides. Not sure who will win yet, as the January transfer window will most likely alter peoples opinions especially if Milan sign Tevez or something :P[/quote']

Even if Milan don't sign Tevez they should still shred Arsenal easily enough.

He sin't an option' date=' he has crippling homesickness which is why he can never perform for Spain either, he couldn't leave really if he wanted to.[/quote']

Seriously some of the rubbish you type is incredible.

RE the draw, Milan ofcourse are a very good side, but the team hasn't changed much compared to last seasons which lost v spurs.

Put it this way Milan have more individual match winners than you, its a matter of if they get the collective balance right, usually in big games like this you see the big swede and robinho go missing.

Classic case of people overrating Milan yet again. But then on the other hand people are also overrating Arsenal.

Arsenal have never lost to an Italian team in a European knock-out competition. The last time they played Milan they were big underdogs and after the 0-0 at the Emirates were predicted to get humiliated by many 'experts'. These same 'experts' probably think Milan will thrash them over 2 legs.

I think Arsenal's pace and Stamina will cause Milan huge problems over both legs and will be the biggest tactical threat in the tie. Saying that Milan have dangerous front men and can cause a dodgy Arsenal back 4 problems. Yet again I believe this tie will be settled by Van Persie

Classic case of people overrating Milan yet again. But then on the other hand people are also overrating Arsenal.

Arsenal have never lost to an Italian team in a European knock-out competition. The last time they played Milan they were big underdogs and after the 0-0 at the Emirates were predicted to get humiliated by many 'experts'. These same 'experts' probably think Milan will thrash them over 2 legs.

I think Arsenal's pace and Stamina will cause Milan huge problems over both legs and will be the biggest tactical threat in the tie. Saying that Milan have dangerous front men and can cause a dodgy Arsenal back 4 problems. Yet again I believe this tie will be settled by Van Persie

No one is overrating Milan, just laughing at people saying they'll be 'brushed aside', you just need to look at the individual quality they posses, Silva, Nesta, KPB, Ibra, Pato, Robinho and so on. They are top top players, but like i've said before rarely they show up in big games like this, generally speaking Italian sides really struggle with the tempo when up against English opposition like you've said, the game will suit Mertesacker aswell, i feel he'll have Ibra in his back pocket, Dawson did last season.

Reading back across the past couple of pages' date=' you lot either really underestimate Milan or really overestimate yourselves.

They're incredibly dangerous opponents, especially with their attack and your defence.[/quote']

i have had enouth of all this arsenal defence rubbish, yes our defence can be a little dodgy at times but arsenal have had 6 clean sheets in the prem this year only swansea and man u have had more (only one more). the only thing people have doen since the arrival of mertesacker is slate him and i feel rather unfaily as he along with the vermaelen factor has made arsenal keep 5 cleen sheets in 11 in the prem (i think) since his arrival. it can not just be me that has seen a radical improvement in our defence in the las 3 months and this is without sagna, who is the best RB in the leauge in many peoples veiws and with santos who is effectivly a wiger playing at LB. so they cant be doing too bad.

also ibra is not all that, especialy against english clubs. robinho is decent but also italy makes him look good. there attack is good but not anywhere near that of a man city or real madrid ( barca are in a different leauge).

i think it will be a very tight couple of ties and no way will it be easy but i feel arsenal fans will not be too wrong to put us down as favorites. especialy when you take into accout italian teams records against english teams.

EDIT: dont get me wrong they can still be very shaky especialy with no szczesny but are not as bad as everyone is making out. time will make this defence get better and better.

I feel this argument needs to be setlled, so I thought I would come and settle it for you all.

Ac Milan v Arsenal reminds me of the David Haye v Fraudly Embarrasin fight.

Whilst AC Milan are class at times, and can throw some big punches - they aren't Klitshcko class.

At the moment - Arsenal only seem to have one punch in them (RVP).

That said - Arsenal have improved massivley since their B or C team got mauled, and it should be a half decent two legs.

I suppose I can't say anything though - I am having to look forward to the possiblity of 6pm Wednesday kickoffs.....

*I fully expect this to be reposted on Sunday night if Arsenal beat City and someone other than RVP does the damage.

I feel this argument needs to be setlled' date=' so I thought I would come and settle it for you all.

Ac Milan v Arsenal reminds me of the David Haye v Fraudly Embarrasin fight.

Whilst AC Milan are class at times, and can throw some big punches - they aren't Klitshcko class.

At the moment - Arsenal only seem to have one punch in them (RVP).

That said - Arsenal have improved massivley since their B or C team got mauled, and it should be a half decent two legs.

I suppose I can't say anything though - I am having to look forward to the possiblity of 6pm Wednesday kickoffs.....

*I fully expect this to be reposted on Sunday night if Arsenal beat City and someone other than RVP does the damage.[/quote']

Without being rude, how has that resolved anything? Basically, you've stated that either team could win. A Newcastle fan could have told us as much.

Reading back across the past couple of pages' date=' you lot either really underestimate Milan or really overestimate yourselves.

They're incredibly dangerous opponents, especially with their attack [b']and your defence[/b].

You mean the defence that's been rock solid for the last two months? Bruv, you're forgetting we don't have Clichy anymore (look at his performance against Chelsea for god's sake). Vermaelen looks fit, touch wood, Koscielny is a bloody monster, Gibbs, if fit, will do damage to them with his pace, Sagna will be back. I fear this is more evidence of people pulling out the old cliche' that Arsenal's defence is a shambles. It's not. (anymore)

Unless we end up having to field Squillaci, Djourou, Miguel and another youngster, i can't see Milan getting much joy.

You mean the defence that's been rock solid for the last two months? Bruv' date=' you're forgetting we don't have Clichy anymore (look at his performance against Chelsea for god's sake). Vermaelen looks fit, touch wood, Koscielny is a bloody monster, Gibbs, if fit, will do damage to them with his pace, Sagna will be back. I fear this is more evidence of people pulling out the old cliche' that Arsenal's defence is a shambles. It's not. (anymore)

Unless we end up having to field Squillaci, Djourou, Miguel and another youngster, i can't see Milan getting much joy.[/quote']

Against what kind of opposition? The only team you perhaps shouldn't be beating is Chelsea and they put 3 past you.

Clichy's been excellent up till last weekend. Calling him out is far more ridiculous than me calling out the Arsenal defence.

Gibbs is weak defensively and I'd bet at least one of Sagna, Koscielny and Vermaelen won't be able to play against Milan.

Against what kind of opposition? The only team you perhaps shouldn't be beating is Chelsea and they put 3 past you.

Clichy's been excellent up till last weekend. Calling him out is far more ridiculous than me calling out the Arsenal defence.

Gibbs is weak defensively and I'd bet at least one of Sagna' date=' Koscielny and Vermaelen won't be able to play against Milan[/b'].

That's when the team was still gelling. Since then, we've not conceded many against teams we would have conceded goals too in the past.

I'll call Clichy out because he's rubbish. I've got 8 years of evidence to prove that. Everything he did against Chelsea is exactly what he did at Arsenal.

Sagna's back early January so he will be. If not, then Jenkinson is an able replacement. Vermaelen is not Darren Anderton and Koscielny, again touch wood, rarely gets injured so i'm not sure what you're basing that on. I wouldn't be worried if Mertesacker played as he is steadily improving.

Its typical that we get a tough draw even though we qualified first.

I think it will be a similar game to when we last played them. Teams are a bit different from then. No Cesc, Nasri or Adebayor. But our style is the same, and in both legs we could have won 3 or 4-0.

Milan have improved since then, and not as old as they was. But I still feel confident we can get a result. Just need a clean sheet at the Emirates and think we will be fine :)

We will take Milan. They don't face the pace and tricks we have in attack in the Serie A. Mark my words I'm not this optimistic usually but Milan suit us The players will be right up for it and play out of there skin.

In other matters Mancini has a quote in ESPN soccernet saying United them and ???????Tottenham have a chance of the title and the others might come into it..........He is so deluded He must be talking to some Tottenham fans. They ahmmer Bolton and then lose to Stoke same story every year. Rednapp is betting the House on Champion League but they don't have depth so Europa it is.

We will take Milan. They don't face the pace and tricks we have in attack in the Serie A. You mean they dont face RVP in Serie A.

Mark my words I'm not this optimistic usually but Milan suit us The players will be right up for it and play out of there skin. So will Milan's:confused:

In other matters Mancini has a quote in ESPN soccernet saying United them and ???????Tottenham have a chance of the title and the others might come into it..........He is so deluded He must be talking to some Tottenham fans. They ahmmer Bolton and then lose to Stoke same story every year. Rednapp is betting the House on Champion League but they don't have depth so Europa it is.

The Spurs dig is expected as they are significant and legitimate challengers to the 'top' team in north London tag.

However saying the team lacks depth? Arsenals team hasn't had sufficient depth for years now, but you lot have managed top 4 regularly.

Szczesny

Walker

Vermaelen

Kaboul

BAE

Walcott

Song

Modric

Bale

RVP

Adebayor

That is the best possible 'mix' of the teams 'imo' - and Spurs edge it 6-5.

Not saying that they are suddenly better than you, but as the teams are extremely similar, writing them off as "Europa it is" does not bode well for yourselves either under your criteria.

Squad is important but not everything.

Arsenal has always been the "underdog" in most UCL knockout stages but they still manage to win many big teams in recent years. Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan? Even a good record at San siro.

If anything Serie A teams are the most inconsistent at the european stage the last decade, Milan are a great side but Arsenal are at no disadvantage. If you want to win, you have to beat the best. Whoever progress, there's still Barcelona, the real tough one.

Arsenal has always been the "underdog" in most UCL knockout stages but they still manage to win many big teams in recent years. Real Madrid' date=' Juventus, Milan? Even a good record at San siro. [/quote']

So? Milan won the tournament in '03 and '07 with this team full of ''players who can't handle the pace''? When did Arsenal last win the tournament? I don't even bother googeling that.

If anything, Allegri has only been given our squad a good lift in terms of pace since coming in and has drifted out the ''slow'' team you think are representing Milan nowadays. I can only see two players in the current lineup who might not handle the pace from the Arsenal players - and that's Seedorf and Zambrotta. Seedorf will most likely play in an offensive position, so it really doesn't matter if he can stop the Arsenal attackers or not, as he needs to be delivering the passes only. Zambrotta might not even be playing, as we have Taiwo on the bench and Taiwo, for sure, can handle the Arsenal players. Also, as Berlusconi has stepped down as a prime Mmnister of Italy - during a time where Italy has suffered economically speaking - he can now spend money on his Milan without fearing of sounding like a hypocrite. Last year, we brought in Cassano and Van Bommel while Berlusconi was still the Italian prime minister, so I don't see why he shouldn't act this window when he's stated that ''Milan are focusing of reaching a respectable place in the CL''.

It doesn't matter if you lot were gelling or not during the first months of the season - a team aspiring on ''beating Milan so easily'' should be able of at least not lose 8-2 to anyone - even Man U. We see smaller clubs get raided all over Europe and yet they seem to be couping every year. Saying this Arsenal team, without Fabregas and Nasri, will beat Milan is just laughable.

That's when the team was still gelling. Since then' date=' we've not conceded many against teams we would have conceded goals too in the past.

[b']I'll call Clichy out because he's rubbish. I've got 8 years of evidence to prove that. Everything he did against Chelsea is exactly what he did at Arsenal.

[/b]

Sagna's back early January so he will be. If not, then Jenkinson is an able replacement. Vermaelen is not Darren Anderton and Koscielny, again touch wood, rarely gets injured so i'm not sure what you're basing that on. I wouldn't be worried if Mertesacker played as he is steadily improving.

I agree. when he got sent off first thing came to my mind he still same player

Milan will hate this draw. If there's one things Italian teams don't like' date=' it's pace. Gervinho and Walcott, even Chamberlain, will make them poo in their pants. Ibra won't have Xavi to put things on a plate for him and Robinho is rubbish (against English sides). Their biggest threat is Boateng, he can produce something out of nothing. Not worried in the slightest.[/quote']

Wait a minute, this isn't infernito?!

Lol @Arsenal fans. Just ridiculous.

Agreed. Milan are a good team full of good players, they ain't no one man team.

So? Milan won the tournament in '03 and '07 with this team full of ''players who can't handle the pace''? When did Arsenal last win the tournament? I don't even bother googeling that.

If anything' date=' Allegri has only been given our squad a good lift in terms of pace since coming in and has drifted out the ''slow'' team you think are representing Milan nowadays. I can only see two players in the current lineup who might not handle the pace from the Arsenal players - and that's Seedorf and Zambrotta. Seedorf will most likely play in an offensive position, so it really doesn't matter if he can stop the Arsenal attackers or not, as he needs to be delivering the passes only. Zambrotta might not even be playing, as we have Taiwo on the bench and Taiwo, for sure, can handle the Arsenal players. Also, as Berlusconi has stepped down as a prime Mmnister of Italy - during a time where Italy has suffered economically speaking - he can now spend money on his Milan without fearing of sounding like a hypocrite. Last year, we brought in Cassano and Van Bommel while Berlusconi was still the Italian prime minister, so I don't see why he shouldn't act this window when he's stated that ''Milan are focusing of reaching a respectable place in the CL''.

It doesn't matter if you lot were gelling or not during the first months of the season - a team aspiring on ''beating Milan so easily'' should be able of at least not lose 8-2 to anyone - even Man U. We see smaller clubs get raided all over Europe and yet they seem to be couping every year. [b']Saying this Arsenal team, without Fabregas and Nasri, will beat Milan is just laughable.[/b]

Okay first of all Milan are a good team, I was a bit dissapointed at the result because I obviously feel your a threat. You say we was beaten 8-2 but this team you will be facing you is our full strength squad or will hopefully be our full strength squad. We'll be in for two good matches. I also dont get that last part, are you saying we wont win? Cause then I would say you are underestimating us or do you want to amend that sentence?