Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Okay first of all Milan are a good team' date=' I was a bit dissapointed at the result because I obviously feel your a threat. You say we was beaten 8-2 but this team you will be facing you is our full strength squad or will hopefully be our full strength squad. We'll be in for two good matches. I also dont get that last part, are you saying we wont win? Cause then I would say you are underestimating us or do you want to amend that sentence?[/quote']

Well, danke. Finally an Arsenal who is realistic. I really don't know what's gotten into these Arsenal supporters on here, as they're way over the moon - maybe beacuse infernito was back, haha? :D

I agree that it'll between two good matches between two fairly equal sides and no, I wasn't trying to imply we'll run over you lot, but if you keep on coming up with shocking reasons as to why you will beat us, I might do it just as well. I mean, if you say we lack pace, then I say you lack real beating-Milan-easily-quality (with the exception of Sagna, Verm, Gervinho, Song and RvP). :)

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

The Spurs dig is expected as they are significant and legitimate challengers to the 'top' team in north London tag.

However saying the team lacks depth? Arsenals team hasn't had sufficient depth for years now' date=' but you lot have managed top 4 regularly.

Szczesny

[b']Walker[/b]

Vermaelen

Kaboul

BAE

Walcott[/b

Song

Modric

Bale

RVP

Adebayor

That is the best possible 'mix' of the teams 'imo' - and Spurs edge it 6-5.

Not saying that they are suddenly better than you, but as the teams are extremely similar, writing them off as "Europa it is" does not bode well for yourselves either under your criteria.

Walker over Sagna?! Please. Kaboul over Koscielny, the most consistent defender in the country over the last year? Nope. I wouldn't take BAE over Santos as BAE is another slightly better version of Clichy and i'd have either Lennon or Gervinho over runs-into-a-Wall-cott. I'll let you off the fact that Modric is the most over rated player on the planet.

The Spurs dig is expected as they are significant and legitimate challengers to the 'top' team in north London tag.

However saying the team lacks depth? Arsenals team hasn't had sufficient depth for years now' date=' but you lot have managed top 4 regularly.

Szczesny

Walker

Vermaelen

Kaboul

BAE

Walcott

Song

Modric

Bale

RVP

Adebayor

That is the best possible 'mix' of the teams 'imo' - and Spurs edge it 6-5.

Not saying that they are suddenly better than you, but as the teams are extremely similar, writing them off as "Europa it is" does not bode well for yourselves either under your criteria.[/quote']

WOW , you're rating Walker better than Sagna , surely something wrong with ya ! And that's not the only think I disagree with ! Koscielny is so under rated , he's a great player .. Saying Kaboul is better than him , it's just .. WRONG ! Spurs have two players that they would be nothing without , those are Bale and Modric ! You'd be lucky with a top 8 finish without those two !

*cough* Arsenal *cough* One man team *cough* RVP *cough*

You should get that cough sorted ..

Whenever we were loosing , the problem was : " Not having world class players " .. Now that we are finally back on track , haters had to come up with something new : " A one man team " , really ? That's pathetic ! In the Wigan match we proved it's not that way ! Does it mean that Barcelona are a one man team because of Messi ? Or Newcastle is a one-man team because of Ba .. Seriously like , tbh as long as we win . In the Wigan match we showed that it isn't exactly like that . I don't care who scores the goals , so what if Rvp scores all the goals , I'm glad for the lad , and I really hope he keeps the run going !

WOW ' date=' you're rating Walker better than Sagna , surely something wrong with ya ! And that's not the only think I disagree with ! Koscielny is so under rated , he's a great player .. Saying Kaboul is better than him , it's just .. WRONG ! Spurs have two players that they would be nothing without , those are Bale and Modric ! You'd be lucky with a top 8 finish without those two ![/quote']

Dont get me wrong massive gooner and agree on kos and sagna, but id take BAE over santos or gibbs.

also, although id not put him in that line-up you guys are forgetting VDV. im sorry i know he is getting on but i think he has more real talent than anyone else on that team, when he is on form he is the RVP of spurs, he grabs a game by the ballsack and swings it like its hammer throw. if Rafa is on fire Spurs win.

Dont get me wrong massive gooner and agree on kos and sagna' date=' but id take BAE over santos or gibbs.

also, although id not put him in that line-up you guys are forgetting VDV. im sorry i know he is getting on but i think he has more real talent than anyone else on that team, when he is on form he is the RVP of spurs, he grabs a game by the ballsack and swings it like its hammer throw. if Rafa is on fire Spurs win.[/quote']

I did not mention the names Gibbs and Santos in my post :)

You should get that cough sorted ..

Agreed. :)

Does it mean that Barcelona are a one man team because of Messi ?

To quote an Arsenal fan' date='

I disagree with that. Barcelona would cope well better without Messi than us without RvP. Its so obvious. They can just Put Villa, Sanchez and Pedro in attack and win games. Not to mention they will still have the likes of Xavi, Fabregas, Busquets and Iniesta controlling the midfield.
Or Newcastle is a one-man team because of Ba .. Seriously like ' date=' tbh as long as we win . In the Wigan match we showed that it isn't exactly like that[/quote'] Newcastle had, before injury, a solid defence, a hard working midfield and Best, Ameobi and Ba upfront, all capable. Wigan ... well, Torres could score against them.

Anyway,

To quote another Arsenal fan, when I asked "Where would you be without RVP?" the answer was:

Pretty sure it would be about 15th

Basically screams 'One man team.'

Agreed. :)

To quote an Arsenal fan' date='

Newcastle had, before injury, a solid defence, a hard working midfield and Best, Ameobi and Ba upfront, all capable. Wigan ... well, Torres could score against them.

Anyway,

To quote another Arsenal fan, when I asked "Where would you be without RVP?" the answer was:

Basically screams 'One man team.'[/quote']

They're full of non-sense ! It would be more difficult to win games without Rvp indeed! But , there are options , we can win without him .. Oxlade can play in Walcott's position and push Theo up front , he always wanted to be a strike , and with his pace , he can be lethal .. I'm sure Wenger will consider this IF Rvp does get injured , but I see that some non-Arsenal fans are praying for Robin to get injured , pathetic .. Hopefully he doesn't , he's a great player and a great leader :)

They're full of non-sense ! It would be more difficult to win games without Rvp indeed! But ' date=' there are options , we can win without him .. Oxlade can play in Walcott's position and push Theo up front , he always wanted to be a strike , and with his pace , he can be lethal .. I'm sure Wenger will consider this IF Rvp does get injured ,[/quote']

Pace can be lethal yes, but Walcott lacks the finishing needed to be a striker. You have Chamakh and Park, but they are far from the class needed.

but I see that some non-Arsenal fans are praying for Robin to get injured ' date=' pathetic .. Hopefully he doesn't , he's a great player and a great leader :)[/quote']

I agree anyone genuinely hoping he gets inured is pathetic, I always like to see great players play great football, and RVP is certainly great.

Anyway, my original point was it is hypocritical to call Spurs a 2-man team (they are far from it), when closer to home Arsenal rely on RVP.

To be honest, I dont agree with the use of the "one man team" phrase for any team. I mean if you look at Arsenal, its not ONLY RvP winning us the games. You got the defence in the last 2 games working hard to not concede any goals and also Gervinho and Walcott have a combined total of 9 assists, most of those for RvP. Song has assisted RvP too. Vermaelen got us a point at Fulham. I mean you can apply this to a lot of teams. Also the main point is there is always 11 players on the field for a team.

We rely on RvP eh...

Three Examples of Others

Szczesny, one of the top three GK's in the Division, takes it to heart if he doesn't get a clean sheet.

Walcott can't finish? Assist wise he is great.

Song? Solid Player with the odd assist. Great DM.

Can I just say without Szczesny, we would be in trouble,

Flappy-handski - Shocking

Mannone - Olympiacos

Would rather play Shea, but he is at Dagenham & Redbridge.

It seems Lescott wants RVP at city' date='what a surprise.

I think people are just calling us a 1 man team because there just [b']jealous[/b].

Welcome to football where you play 11 players on the pitch :P.

United, City, Chelsea and the 'big' teams in Europe are not, and never have had a reason to be, jealous of Arsenal:rolleyes:

Always find this accusation of being a one man team rather funny. People who call us a one man team seem to think that RVP's brilliant form started this season. They don't EVER seem to mention that he was also our focal point last season as well. You know, when we still had the wonderful Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri. So obviously we were a one man team last season as well. Blithering idiots.

United' date=' [b']City, Chelsea [/b]and the 'big' teams in Europe are not, and never have had a reason to be, jealous of Arsenal:rolleyes:

Including the time when neither team were nowhere near to challenging for the title and in Etihad's case, stuck in the lower divisions? Perhaps those two clubs are jealous of the fact we've never piddled away obscene amounts of money to be a big club? Strange, and completely un-thought out, statement.

Including the time when neither team were nowhere near to challenging for the title and in Etihad's case' date=' stuck in the lower divisions? Perhaps those two clubs are jealous of the fact we've never piddled away obscene amounts of money to be a big club? Strange, and completely un-thought out, statement.[/quote']

City and Chelsea fell under the 'are not jealous of Arsenal' statement, rather than the never have been.

I should have made a clearer distinction between the clubs.

Fair point.

City and Chelsea fell under the 'are not jealous of Arsenal' statement' date=' rather than the never have been.

I should have made a clearer distinction between the clubs.

Fair point.[/quote']

Even then, i can't help but think there are certain big clubs in Europe who would like to be run like Arsenal, although perhaps not so tight fistedly.

I would like to add, Etihad and the Chavs aren't big clubs. They're wannabes.