• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

What's that got to do with anything?

Quite a lot....

They're probably envious of us having Chamakh. Both are similarly awful' date=' but look at their price tags: Chammers = 0, Justin Bieber with blonde hair= 50million. Ouch.[/quote']

That really must hurt :o. I can see 1 of the reasons why Wenger doesn't over spend.

Quite a lot....

That really must hurt :o. I can see 1 of the reasons why Wenger doesn't over spend.

To be fair though its alright spending when the player has been good for the club currently and has been proving themselves but this wasnt the situation Torres was in when he went to Chelsea. They splashed 50m on the table and took him when he was hardly scoring and on top of that' date=' he is left on the bench everyweek without actually being allowed to gel. [/b']

To be fair though its alright spending when the player has been good for the club currently and has been proving themselves but this wasnt the situation Torres was in when he went to Chelsea. They splashed 50m on the table and took him when he was hardly scoring and on top of that' date=' he is left on the bench everyweek without actually being allowed to gel. [/b']

He was struggling at Liverpool and was starting to get his form back from what I remember and then Chelsea buy him for 50m and it all went wrong from then.

I wouldn't risk 50m for a player who at that was struggling earlier in the season although if he had gone back to the deadly Torres who made defenders went there pants it could possibly bunk up the price (50m was what Torres really worth when he was good)

Back to the subject in conclusion RVP is better than Torres atm :).

He was struggling at Liverpool and was starting to get his form back from what I remember and then Chelsea buy him for 50m and it all went wrong from then.

I wouldn't risk 50m for a player who at that was struggling earlier in the season although if he had gone back to the deadly Torres who made defenders went there pants it could possibly bunk up the price (50m was what Torres really worth when he was good)

Back to the subject to conclusion RVP is better than Torres atm :).

That goes without saying!

I think I stated the obvious there :D.

So your point was that Chelsea spend money and don't do as well in the market as Arsenal?

How about Mata vs Arteta? Romeu vs Chamberlain?

Chelsea do spend an awful lot, but plenty of their big transfers pay off and they've had much more success than you in recent years...

So your point was that Chelsea spend money and don't do as well in the market as Arsenal?

Chelsea do spend an awful lot' date=' but plenty of their big transfers pay off and they've had much more success than you in recent years...[/quote']

Arteta was 10m or so and Mata was 28m. Artetas been alright for 10m and Mata has been ok for the fee Chelsea paid. Romeu is ok and Chamberlain will be good. But there is just no comparison between Torres and RVP at the minute :P

Arteta was 10m or so and Mata was 28m. Artetas been alright for 10m and Mata has been ok for the fee Chelsea paid. Romeu is ok and Chamberlain will be good. But there is just no comparison between Torres and RVP at the minute :P

Arsenal could have had Mata for a very reasonable £17M (I believe) had Wenger not been useless. He's twice the player Arteta is.

Chamberlain will be good but £12M?! Wenger needed to spend that on a player he'll actually play... Romeu was a fraction of the price and looks exceptional.

Torres is a massive flop but Chelsea have the resources to not be that bothered by it. Ultimately, I think Chelsea are far from jealous of Arsenal; quite the opposite if anything considering how much you lot want to buy Hazard and Gotze :eek:

Arsenal could have had Mata for a very reasonable £17M (I believe) had Wenger not been useless. He's twice the player Arteta is.

Chamberlain will be good but £12M?! Wenger needed to spend that on a player he'll actually play... Romeu was a fraction of the price and looks exceptional.

Torres is a massive flop but Chelsea have the resources to not be that bothered by it. Ultimately' date=' I think Chelsea are far from jealous of Arsenal; quite the opposite if anything considering how much you lot want to buy Hazard and Gotze :eek:[/quote']

Well he was a fool if he missed out on that but he might be twice the player, but also twice the fee ;)

Same was said for Walcott who's starting to look good. And yeah Romeu was a lot cheaper but he won't play at all when Essien comes back.

Are Arsenal after Gotze and Hazard :P

Well he was a fool if he missed out on that but he might be twice the player' date=' but also twice the fee ;)

Same was said for Walcott who's starting to look good. And yeah Romeu was a lot cheaper but he won't play at all when Essien comes back.

Are Arsenal after Gotze and Hazard :P[/quote']

Well, Oxlade and Arteta or Romeu and Mata? I'd go for the latter.

Walcott is playing well in fits and spurts. I still wouldn't rely on him and the fee Arsenal paid was extraordinary considering he'd probably be worth around that figure now. Will Essien come back? He's been out for so long and Romeu is bossing the Chelsea midfield.

According to the 'fans' they are :P Fact is, they go on about the Arsenal brand of football and playing the game purely yet nearly all of them would dearly love Wenger to stick his hand in his pocket.

Well' date=' Oxlade and Arteta or Romeu and Mata? I'd go for the latter.

Walcott is playing well in fits and spurts. I still wouldn't rely on him and the fee Arsenal paid was extraordinary considering he'd probably be worth around that figure now. Will Essien come back? He's been out for so long and Romeu is bossing the Chelsea midfield.

According to the 'fans' they are :P Fact is, they go on about the Arsenal brand of football and playing the game purely yet nearly all of them would dearly love Wenger to stick his hand in his pocket.[/quote']

Ya true but I just don't think Mata has justified his enourmous fee just yet.

Ya I suppose he is only worth 12m. I hope Essien comes back, great footballer and I hope he comes back for his sake considering he spent something like 16 hours asleep a day and missed a lot of sessions :P

Ya but Wenger has picked up some amazing deals before :P

Romeu was a great deal. But theres a clause for Barca to buy him back cheaply at the end of the season, which is a pretty bad deal for Chelsea should they do it.

As for the whole 1 man team, its nonesense. Van Persies the striker, his job is to score the goals. So of course hes gonna get the majority of our goals. But if we didnt have Vermaelen, then we probably would have conceded alot more goals and drop points. Same with Szczesny. Walcott and Gervinho have provided loads of assists. If they didnt play, then Van Persie doesnt get all of his goals...

Such a pointless argument. Just because one player scores the goals (Which is his role at the club) then its a one man team. Lol at some people.

It is Wenger's habit of being scrimp, not the fans.

Many people feel Wenger should be more daring to spend, especially when the youth he invested in leaves the club. But there were good and bad decisions too, an example is Joe Cole, Wenger was adamant not to take him and Liverpool got trolled.

Other times he missed out on good players like Mata. One thing is undeniable is that Arsenal has the best financial model and even United is trying to adopt that policy now.

I must say we have the money now, there's no reason not to spend on one or two quality signings. I'm not sure if the money is invisible & untouchable funds made up by the scheming board, but if there is, there are a few names out there that will almost certainly promise success to any club.

Chelsea do spend an awful lot' date=' but plenty of their big transfers pay off and they've had much more success than you in recent years...[/quote']

It was how people keep going on about how people keep wanting RVP injuried because they were jealous that we have him.

Well' date=' Oxlade and Arteta or Romeu and Mata? I'd go for the latter.

According to the 'fans' they are :P Fact is, they go on about the Arsenal brand of football and playing the game purely yet nearly all of them would dearly love Wenger to [b']stick his hand in his pocket[/b].

Differenciate between sticking his hand in pocket i.e buying one or two quality players with the club's own money (cough) to improve the squad and spending inordinate amounts of somebody else's money to reach the top.

It was how people keep going on about how people keep wanting RVP injuried because they were jealous that we have him.

No true football fan would wish an injury on any player. Fact is' date=' Van Persie is injury prone and I'd bet on this cracking run of form comes to an end because of an injury. And why would Chelsea be jealous of RVP when they have Drogba, Sturridge, Mata and Lampard who can all score goals? Every team would want RVP in their side but they aren't jealous...

Differenciate between sticking his hand in pocket i.e buying one or two quality players with the club's own money (cough) to improve the squad and spending inordinate amounts of somebody else's money to reach the top.

Fair enough. I still doubt the majority of the fans are happy that you sold one or two quality players and replaced them late with stop gaps.

Van Persie is injury prone

Did you actually see how rvp got injured on each occasion? Just because a player is injured on a number of occasions doesn't stamp them as injury prone.

There are situations that are unavoidable and you should know that as a football fan. He missed three months the season before last because of a stupid challenge by Chiellini in a pointless international friendly. There is a difference in having an injury prone body and actually being injured because a player has been reckless.

Did you actually see how rvp got injured on each occasion? Just because a player is injured on a number of occasions doesn't stamp them as injury prone.

There are situations that are unavoidable and you should know that as a football fan. He missed three months the season before last because of a stupid challenge by Chiellini in a pointless international friendly. There is a difference in having an injury prone body and actually being injured because a player has been reckless.

The bold is exactly how I'd define injury prone.

RVP is player who is likely to be tackled often and thus relatively often recklessly as he's a very good player and one defenders would target to 'put a mark on them'. Suarez is another example but he rarely misses a game and RVP is often ruled out for long periods.

No true football fan would wish an injury on any player. Fact is' date=' Van Persie is injury prone and I'd bet on this cracking run of form comes to an end because of an injury. And why would Chelsea be jealous of RVP when they have Drogba, Sturridge, Mata and Lampard who can all score goals? Every team would want RVP in their side but they aren't jealous...

Fair enough. I still doubt the majority of the fans are happy that you sold one or two quality players and replaced them late with stop gaps.[/quote']

Well, actually, i think the majority of fans are happy we got rid of two players who clearly didn't want to be at Arsenal and brought in players who are proud to wear the shirt and will not slack like previous players have done. Arteta= Last shot at playing for a big club, Mertesacker= Boyhood Arsenal fan, Benayoun= Trying to earn a contract. They weren't necessarily massive signings and the way Wenger conducted the transfer window was disgraceful but we do look more of a team now.

Not to mention, in January i think we'll see a couple of BIG signings.