Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Positives: Szczesny (aside from his ridiculous roll out)

Arteta

Vermaelen

We're not Manchester City

Negatives: Gervinho: Talented but he's got to get an end product.

Walcott: Muppet. Absolute muppet. Does nothing all game' date=' apart from tapping fists with his homie Hart, and then whinges like the wind when he gets his much deserved hook.

Arshavin( notice a pattern here?) Sell Sell Sell

Chamakh: I just want to slap him.

[b']Wenger: Moaned about everything. Should have brought Benayoun rather then Arshavin on. Sack Sack Sack[/b].

Have you actually followed football in the pleasant couple of months that you weren't on the forum, or are you just picking up where you left off as if nothing has changed?

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Positives: Szczesny (aside from his ridiculous roll out)

Arteta

Vermaelen

We're not Manchester City

Negatives: Gervinho: Talented but he's got to get an end product.

Walcott: Muppet. Absolute muppet. Does nothing all game' date=' apart from tapping fists with his homie Hart, and then whinges like the wind when he gets his much deserved hook.

Arshavin( notice a pattern here?) Sell Sell Sell

Chamakh: I just want to slap him.

Wenger: Moaned about everything. Should have brought Benayoun rather then Arshavin on. Sack Sack Sack.[/quote']

Oh how I missed these posts.

Wow. Why should he be sacked for that?

We've been on a great run recently' date=' and lost to one of the best teams in the world (In a very close game). Now thats pathetic.[/quote']

Not sacked for that but for the last seven years. A good run of form does not change my opinion of Wenger. We'll never progress under him.

Not sacked for that but for the last seven years. A good run of form does not change my opinion of Wenger. We'll never progress under him.

When we lose Wenger (Whether its sacking or when he decides to leave) I honesly see Arsenal going backwards and down the league.

The job he has done in the 7 years you have said has been very good. No titles, but top 4 every season. He gives consistancy and great football. I dred the day when he leaves.

When we lose Wenger (Whether its sacking or when he decides to leave) I honesly see Arsenal going backwards and down the league.

The job he has done in the 7 years you have said has been very good. No titles' date=' but top 4 every season. He gives consistancy and great football. I dred the day when he leaves.[/quote']

Where have i said that?

Surprised to see Gervinho in your negatives.

He played well today and if Arsenal were to have scored then Gervinho would likely have been a big part of it.

Hasnt he got quite alot of assists this season too?

Good player.

He is a good player but he is soooooo frustrating. His end product at times is worse then Arshavin's. Can't fault him for effort today as he worked his socks off but going forward, he really should have done a lot better.

You contributed to a very enjoyable match today.

A few points. You did play with 4 experienced defenders. All CB's though. Which was always going to be a struggle. Your midfield three were poor though. Arteta was the better of the three and playing as a holding CM suits him. Ramsey annoyed me! Gave the ball away cheaply sooo many times it was unreal! Granted, the pressure from City on the ball was good but at times both Ramsey and Song made terrible choices for a pass.

Not sure why Walcott was upset at being dragged off, but then seeing Arshavin's contribution I could see why. :P Walcott is over-rated though. Arshavin is just poo, due to a lack of confidence maybe. Gervinho makes good runs and gets into areas where he could hurt teams but has NO end product at the minute. Like ourselves and Obertan, how long can you wait for him to make the impact he has the potential to. (Not saying they are in the same class but its the same situation :o. Obertan is poooo!)

On the whole though, you could of got a point out of that which is encouraging. Just hope Djourou and the bean-pole aren't seriously injured.

Ah' date=' ok. Wenger's performance over the last 2 or 3 years has been depressingly bad. But i'm not going into that again, [b']as we all know i'm right.[/b]

Hahahah , god , I missed these post soooo much !

I really don't Understand Wenger's thinking in sending Arshavin onto the pitch , he knows himself that he is shocking .. don't understand why Alex isn't giving a chance , speaking of Alex , Song has been terrific as usual !

You contributed to a very enjoyable match today.

A few points. You did play with 4 experienced defenders. All CB's though. Which was always going to be a struggle. Your midfield three were poor though. Arteta was the better of the three and playing as a holding CM suits him. Ramsey annoyed me! Gave the ball away cheaply sooo many times it was unreal! Granted' date=' the pressure from City on the ball was good but at times both Ramsey and Song made terrible choices for a pass.

Not sure why Walcott was upset at being dragged off, but then seeing Arshavin's contribution I could see why. :P Walcott is over-rated though. Arshavin is just poo, due to a lack of confidence maybe. Gervinho makes good runs and gets into areas where he could hurt teams but has NO end product at the minute. Like ourselves and Obertan, how long can you wait for him to make the impact he has the potential to. (Not saying they are in the same class but its the same situation :o. Obertan is poooo!)

On the whole though, you could of got a point out of that which is encouraging. Just hope Djourou and the bean-pole aren't seriously injured.[/quote']

The amount of times Ramsey tries a back heel or a fancy little pirouhette is actually astonishing. It never works. Sooner Wilshere is back, along with Goetze, the better.

Hahahah ' date=' god , I missed these post soooo much !

I really don't Understand Wenger's thinking in sending Arshavin onto the pitch , he knows himself that he is shocking .. don't understand why Alex isn't giving a chance , speaking of Alex , [b']Song has been terrific as usual ![/b]

He's suspended for the Villa game isn't he? 5 yellows...

Hahahah ' date=' god , I missed these post soooo much !

I really don't Understand Wenger's thinking in sending Arshavin onto the pitch , he knows himself that he is shocking .. don't understand why Alex isn't giving a chance , speaking of Alex ,[b'] Song has been terrific as usual [/b]!

Not really, surprised he didn't get sent off.

Not really' date=' surprised he didn't get sent off.[/quote']

In fairness , those fouls are necessarily , he does a superb job holding the midfield , no one can take his place ! IMO , he's in top 3 best DM's in the world ! :)

He's suspended for the Villa game isn't he? 5 yellows...

Yeah , he is ! hopefully we'll see Benayoun and Oxlade instead of Walcott !

The amount of times Ramsey tries a back heel or a fancy little pirouhette is actually astonishing. It never works. Sooner Wilshere is back' date=' along with Goetze, the better.[/quote']

I was delighted when he moved from Cardiff to Arsenal. Playing with the players you had would and has improved his game sooo much. However, looking up to Fabregas and Nasri and co. has made him believe he is a flair player. But he's not from the likes of Spain and France where those sorts of players are bred. He's from Wales and needs to remember that. He's not a bad passer though.

I was willing Van Persie to score, just to beat Alan Shearer's record for goals in a year. Still got a chance but he needs 4 against Villa. Not un-doable at the moment. :P:D