Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Lol.. actually the people I put up are mainly those who're linked to us in the last few months. So yea, there were some not so desirable targets there but not impossible especially if we're talking about the word bargain.

I do think we can go for a fullback if possible, but it is more rare than a centreback. Consider Djourou just went out too, anything is a possibility, lol at this rate Arsenal may even sign me just to make up the numbers.

Baines is such an excellent option, if we can get him. I remember him saying that he'll leave for a bigger club if there's an opportunity. Not sure where he prefers and how much he'll cost but I'm guessing 15-20m which is still a good bargain.

In conclusion, almost anything is better than to put the 50M in fixed deposit!

Goalkeeping:

Szczesny. Amongst the Top 5 EPL keepers. Enough said.

Goalkeepers who I feel are better all-round and more consistant goalkeepers at the moment than Szcesesny:

Mark Schwarzer

Tim Krul

Michel Vorm

Shay Given

Keiren Westwood

Joe Hart

Pepe Reina

Brad Friedel

Paul Robinson

Simon Mignolet

Also Aaron Ramsey always seems to be looking for these fancy flicks, both for Wales and Arsenal. If he didn't seem unable to keep things simple with his passing then i think he'd be a lot more than an average player.

Goalkeepers who I feel are better all-round and more consistant goalkeepers at the moment than Szcesesny:

Mark Schwarzer

Tim Krul

Michel Vorm

Shay Given

Keiren Westwood

Joe Hart

Pepe Reina

Brad Friedel

Paul Robinson

Simon Mignolet

Also Aaron Ramsey always seems to be looking for these fancy flicks' date=' both for Wales and Arsenal. If he didn't seem unable to keep things simple with his passing then i think he'd be a lot more than an average player.[/quote']

Correct on Ramsey. On Szczesny, tragically wrong. I mean, so wrong, it's actually frightening. 3 or 4 keepers you mentioned are average at best, a couple have their best days behind them, 1 or 2 are very hit or miss. The only keeper's in that list i'd consider even on a par with Szczesny are Hart and Friedel, possibly Reina. Even then, i wouldn't take them over Szczesny.

Mark Schwarzer

Tim Krul

Michel Vorm

Shay Given

Keiren Westwood

Joe Hart

Pepe Reina

Brad Friedel

Paul Robinson

Simon Mignolet

The ones in bold aren't even close and saying Vorm is just being biast.

Krul and Given are quite good too but not as good.

The only 2 which are better than Szcesesny is Hart and Reina.

Guest Hazard103

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2075313/Robin-Van-Persie-Man-City-wishlist-Mancini-hails-fantastic-Arsenal-striker.html

Im sorry to bring this up Gooners fans but this is a really bad for Arsenal.#

If Robin Van Persie leaves in the Summer this could be disaster if Arsene Wenger doesn't buy any decent Fwd in the Winter. With Maroune Chamkah rumoured to go back to Bordeux in the Summer this can go all wrong. Arshavin is alway planning to go to Zenit, which mean hat our best Fwds will be two wingers, Gervinho and Walcott. Gervinho is a decent winger but hi finishes are not the best but I think he is good in Arsenal. Walcott finishes are good and i think he should play Upfront. I think Arsenal should buy Mario Goetze, or buy Pato, which people are claiming that Man City are going to swap for Tevez. Man City have taken Toure, Gael Clinchy and Nasri, all seems to be doing not so decently at City. I think that Van Persie shouldn't go to City as he would have competition to be a Forward with Aguero, Balotelli etc. Also at Man City I dont think there style is suited to him, the passing is decent but, I hope he doesn't become a Fernando Torres

If he does leave who do you think Arsenal buy, what should they do? Your Opinions?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2075313/Robin-Van-Persie-Man-City-wishlist-Mancini-hails-fantastic-Arsenal-striker.html

Im sorry to bring this up Gooners fans but this is a really bad for Arsenal.#

If Robin Van Persie leaves in the Summer this could be disaster if Arsene Wenger doesn't buy any decent Fwd in the Winter. With Maroune Chamkah rumoured to go back to Bordeux in the Summer this can go all wrong. Arshavin is alway planning to go to Zenit' date=' which mean hat our best Fwds will be two wingers, Gervinho and Walcott. Gervinho is a decent winger but hi finishes are not the best but I think he is good in Arsenal. Walcott finishes are good and i think he should play Upfront. I think Arsenal should buy Mario Goetze, or buy Pato, which people are claiming that Man City are going to swap for Tevez. Man City have taken Toure, Gael Clinchy and Nasri, all seems to be doing not so decently at City. I think that Van Persie shouldn't go to City as he would have competition to be a Forward with Aguero, Balotelli etc. Also at Man City I dont think there style is suited to him, the passing is decent but, I hope he doesn't become a Fernando Torres

If he does leave who do you think Arsenal buy, what should they do? Your Opinions?[/quote']

I don't see how City want to sign him for a start!

Guest Hazard103

I don't see how City want to sign him for a start!

Well City are selling Tevez to AC Milan. They are also very rich City so they could buy Robin van Persie if they wanted. They have 3 decent strikers, Balotelli, Aguero and Dzeko but none of them are as good as RvP and Mancini knows it. He also needs a another striker to cover Tevez position after he leaves. I pray to god RvP see how much he's done for Arsenal and stays

They buy players to weaken other clubs, like Arsenal and to strengthen there own squad.

Now they may consider themselves to have a stronger squad than Arsenal.

It would be better for them to target Man u, Barca, Real etc now. So it will be fascinating to see if they can leverage a player from Real for example. I can imagine it would be great for the owners ego to buy Ozil or a crazy bid for Ronaldo.

In list of Best Goalies in the league currently I'd put mine like this:

1. Hart
  2. Reina
  3. Scsezny
  4. Given
  5. Friedel
  6. Krul
  7. Vorm
  8. Cech
  9. Foster
  10. Mignolet

Aiden, I've gotta disagree with alot of the people you highlighted as as good as or better than Scsezny. I would say Hart in my opinion easily stands out as the best in the Premier League but then it's close between Reina and Scsezny.

------------------------------------

Along to what your saying about decent Arsenal replacements I would say you need a LB, CM, Winger and ST. You could easily get 4 world class ones for around £50m.

5 Options Wenger could go for:

LB - Juan Vargas (12.5m), Marcel Schmelzer (10m), Aly Cissokho (10m), Darijo Srna (10m), Taye Taiwo (Loan)

CM - Lucas Biglia (15m), Toni Kroos (15m), Kevin Strootman (10m) Jadson (8m), Granero (8m),

Winger - Shinji Kagawa (15m), Renato Augusto (15m), Marco Reus (15m), Milos Krasic (10m), Sidney Sam (8m),

ST - Moussa Sow (15m), Lukas Podolski (10m), Solomon Kalou (7.5m), Jelle Vossen (5m) Thierry Henry (Loan),

In bold players I think he'll more or less have a chance at getting

-----------------------------

Why?

Taye Taiwo is currently not wanted at AC Milan according to him as he's not getting played enough and wants a move abroad and with Andre Santos out for around 3months I rate Taiwo alot more than Gibbs and I think he has a perfect chance at doing well for you. Here's the article of him wanting a move away.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7373094/Taiwo-admits-Milan-frustration

Jadson or Kevin Strootman. I think Jadson is perfect for Wenger as he's a cheap young attacking midfielder which Arsenal are currently lacking in with Wilshere out injured and Ramsey's not there just as yet. Jadson has been linked with Arsenal in the summer but no move was made but I think he may be tempted to move from Shakhtar and I think Wenger will pay little for him and £8m will be just right as we all know Wenger can be cheap.

Kevin Strootman could be on Wenger's radar, I think he'll move for one of the two definately not both. Kevin is young and I think PSV woould sell him for around £10m and I think Wenger will be looking to sell Strootman for a larger price as Kevin has alot of potential and he's still very young at the age of 22. I hope some other people could comment on Strootman as I don't know very much about him.

Milos Krasic. Milos along with Taye Taiwo are both unsettled in Italy and both want to make a move abroad and with reports that Wenger is looking for an extra winger I think Krasic is good enough and cheap enough to make a move. I doubt that Arsene will ever make large bids for Hazard or Gotze because it just doesn't seem to be in his nature.. The only thing that would put off Wenger is the age of Krasic but he seems to be signing players like Arteta and Benayoun on loan so he must like the experience side but he doesn't have any experience in the Prem League but I think a gamble is worth taking for Milos.

Moussa Sow or Thierry Henry. Moussa Sow is French and we know about Wenger being unable to contact players from other languages and Sow would be wanting to follow Gervinho's footsteps to join a bigger team whether Arsene would like to bid and I think £15m is a respectable price for Wenger to pay and for Lille to sell. I think he'd make a great partnership upfront with Robin Van Persie

Thierry Henry. I think it's all written on the wall at the moment for the Arsenal Legend to join back with Wenger at the Emirates on a temporary Loan deal. The MLS season has finished and we've saw Donovan join Everton on loan and I'm sure if an offer is placed I don't think Henry would hesitate to join. My only worry is that he'll join and become a flop and will make an abrupt return to New York Red Bulls in 3/4 months time. I don't think a full offer will be placed for Henry but I think there's a brill chance a loan offer will.

----------------------

This is what I think as a City fan, hopefully some of you will agree but it's doubtful.

The Wolves game could be postponed due to tube strike action:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16256698.stm

Could be good to give the players a 10 day break at xmas but no doubt it would be shoved in later in the season at the worst possible time, probably 2 days before an away game at AC Milan or similar...

Regarding Szcezney I think hes our best keeper since Seaman. The last high profile mistake I can remember is against Birmingham in that final... hes a great solid keeper and makes some great saves.

Mark Schwarzer

Tim Krul

Michel Vorm

Shay Given

Keiren Westwood

Joe Hart

Pepe Reina

Brad Friedel

Paul Robinson

Simon Mignolet

Also Aaron Ramsey always seems to be looking for these fancy flicks' date=' both for Wales and Arsenal. If he didn't seem unable to keep things simple with his passing then i think he'd be a lot more than an average player.[/quote']

haahahahahahahha no way!! hahahahahahha

In list of Best Goalies in the league currently I'd put mine like this:

1. Hart
  2. Reina
  3. Scsezny
  4. Given
  5. Friedel
  6. Krul
  7. Vorm
  8. Cech
  9. Foster
  10. Mignolet

Aiden' date=' I've gotta disagree with alot of the people you highlighted as as good as or better than Scsezny. I would say Hart in my opinion easily stands out as the best in the Premier League but then it's close between Reina and Scsezny.

------------------------------------

Along to what your saying about decent Arsenal replacements I would say you need a LB, CM, Winger and ST. You could easily get 4 world class ones for around £50m.

5 Options Wenger could go for:

LB - Juan Vargas (12.5m), Marcel Schmelzer (10m), Aly Cissokho (10m), Darijo Srna (10m), [b']Taye Taiwo (Loan)[/b]

CM - Lucas Biglia (15m), Toni Kroos (15m), Kevin Strootman (10m) Jadson (8m), Granero (8m),

Winger - Shinji Kagawa (15m), Renato Augusto (15m), Marco Reus (15m), Milos Krasic (10m), Sidney Sam (8m),

ST - Moussa Sow (15m), Lukas Podolski (10m), Solomon Kalou (7.5m), Jelle Vossen (5m) Thierry Henry (Loan),

In bold players I think he'll more or less have a chance at getting

-----------------------------

Why?

Taye Taiwo is currently not wanted at AC Milan according to him as he's not getting played enough and wants a move abroad and with Andre Santos out for around 3months I rate Taiwo alot more than Gibbs and I think he has a perfect chance at doing well for you. Here's the article of him wanting a move away.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7373094/Taiwo-admits-Milan-frustration

Jadson or Kevin Strootman. I think Jadson is perfect for Wenger as he's a cheap young attacking midfielder which Arsenal are currently lacking in with Wilshere out injured and Ramsey's not there just as yet. Jadson has been linked with Arsenal in the summer but no move was made but I think he may be tempted to move from Shakhtar and I think Wenger will pay little for him and £8m will be just right as we all know Wenger can be cheap.

Kevin Strootman could be on Wenger's radar, I think he'll move for one of the two definately not both. Kevin is young and I think PSV woould sell him for around £10m and I think Wenger will be looking to sell Strootman for a larger price as Kevin has alot of potential and he's still very young at the age of 22. I hope some other people could comment on Strootman as I don't know very much about him.

Milos Krasic. Milos along with Taye Taiwo are both unsettled in Italy and both want to make a move abroad and with reports that Wenger is looking for an extra winger I think Krasic is good enough and cheap enough to make a move. I doubt that Arsene will ever make large bids for Hazard or Gotze because it just doesn't seem to be in his nature.. The only thing that would put off Wenger is the age of Krasic but he seems to be signing players like Arteta and Benayoun on loan so he must like the experience side but he doesn't have any experience in the Prem League but I think a gamble is worth taking for Milos.

Moussa Sow or Thierry Henry. Moussa Sow is French and we know about Wenger being unable to contact players from other languages and Sow would be wanting to follow Gervinho's footsteps to join a bigger team whether Arsene would like to bid and I think £15m is a respectable price for Wenger to pay and for Lille to sell. I think he'd make a great partnership upfront with Robin Van Persie

Thierry Henry. I think it's all written on the wall at the moment for the Arsenal Legend to join back with Wenger at the Emirates on a temporary Loan deal. The MLS season has finished and we've saw Donovan join Everton on loan and I'm sure if an offer is placed I don't think Henry would hesitate to join. My only worry is that he'll join and become a flop and will make an abrupt return to New York Red Bulls in 3/4 months time. I don't think a full offer will be placed for Henry but I think there's a brill chance a loan offer will.

----------------------

This is what I think as a City fan, hopefully some of you will agree but it's doubtful.

I'm amazed to say I agree with most of this some few things to mention.

1.We didn't get Jadson because Wenger chose Arteta over him but it could be possible.

2.Isn't Sow from Senegal or just French but plays for Senegal.

Other than that..... I won't say it again..... you know what I mean.

Hahahahahaha . No . Hahahhaha !
Correct on Ramsey. On Szczesny' date=' tragically wrong. I mean, so wrong, it's actually frightening. 3 or 4 keepers you mentioned are average at best, a couple have their best days behind them, 1 or 2 are very hit or miss. The only keeper's in that list i'd consider even on a par with Szczesny are Hart and Friedel, possibly Reina. Even then, i wouldn't take them over Szczesny.[/quote']
haahahahahahahha no way!! hahahahahahha

Bad ignorance and arrogance here.

I've seen Westwood a lot and he is a class goalkeeper, as is Mignolet. Krul and Vorm have had great seasons, Friedel, Given and Schwarzer have been great for years and Hart and Reina speak for themselves. Now Szczesny has great potential and has had a good season, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't have Szczesny over some of the GKs listed, but to brush the others aside so easily is just stupid.

I'm amazed to say I agree with most of this some few things to mention.

1.We didn't get Jadson because Wenger chose Arteta over him but it could be possible.

2.Isn't Sow from Senegal or just French but plays for Senegal.

Other than that..... I won't say it again..... you know what I mean.

Well according to Wikipedia he is a " French-born Senegalese football player "

This is the same rhetorical question as why does a millionaire need 6 sport cars? If City can afford world class players' date='why not have loads of them?[/quote']

I dont know if Man City are going for him yet but I will say you cant buy too much because you have to develop players so thats why its different with football. Its not really good for players like Balotelli who is on form, if you bring in RvP. Just look at Johnson, he deserves more than 4 starts this season so far, hes quality. Having two or three players in a position is good but theres only so much you can have.

You'd be fools to let RVP go! I don't care if you were offered £100,000,000, or something crazy along those lines. Losing him would be like living without organs.

He's your main man, and you need to get him a new contract before it's too late. I don't see why City would need anymore quality strikers though. Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko have enough talent to sink a ship. I know they say 'if you've got it, flaunt it', but it would just be straight up greedy to even attempt to sign him IMO :o

Mark Schwarzer

Tim Krul

Michel Vorm

Shay Given

Keiren Westwood

Joe Hart

Pepe Reina

Brad Friedel

Paul Robinson

Simon Mignolet

funny how man utd missed out on all of them and went to spain to get a expensive keeper... lol. will be quite funny if any big clubs want some of them too. I could see united signing krul though if they don't mind to be a laughing stock.

Done. Ryo and AOC.

Are Arsenal just trying to sell jerseys to Asia by getting Asian players? That is douce. Ryo hardly have a chance to prove himself here, Park is one of the best strikers in Asia and needed some more chance too, rather than Chamakh.

----

RVP is being rumoured to Man City and Real Madrid.

But interest from Man City is stronger and they have a habit of taking Arsenal players. I think that's City's policy, to make your opponents weak, buy from them. 30M transfer fee, and a 4-years contract worth 40M with 200k/week is being tabled.

RVP is keeping quiet, that's a worry too. It may be too much temptation for both the player and the manager (from history). If you don't want to go, you stand out and say no like Wilshere or Szczesny, by keeping quiet means there are always lots of doubts, just look at Cesc and Nasri.

Very bad news if he leaves, when we were almost so close to a complete squad by adding 1 or 2 more star names. That's the problem with Arsenal, we don't sign good players. And when players finally develops, there's never once we have a complete squad of good players other than the invincibles. Forcing some to leave - for championships or for money.