Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

You'd be fools to let RVP go! I don't care if you were offered £100' date='000,000, or something crazy along those lines. Losing him would be like living without organs.

He's your main man, and you need to get him a new contract before it's too late. I don't see why City would need anymore quality strikers though. Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko have enough talent to sink a ship. I know they say 'if you've got it, flaunt it', but it would just be straight up greedy to even attempt to sign him IMO :o[/quote']

His contract runs out soon and if he doesn't sign a new one then we may have too. :(

Five Players Arsenal Should Sell and Five Players Arsene Wenger Should Buy to Replace Them

source: caughtoffside

OUT: ARSHAVIN (10M)

IN: HAZARD (40M)

NET: -30M

OUT: CHAMAKH (10M)

IN: MOUSSA SOW (15M)

NET: -5M

OUT: SQUID (0.0001M)

IN: VERTONGHEN (10M)

NET: -10M

OUT: DIABY (5M)

IN: M'VILA (20M)

NET: -15M

OUT: ROSICKY (2M)

IN: GRANERO (10M)

NET: -8M

-----------------------------------------

damn... almost everyone know what to do to make Arsenal strong again.

We have a chance coming this Jan, the window is opening again!!! Let's see how stubborn Wenger and the scheming board acts! :mad:

Most recent hits:

Man Utd is checking out Benatia/Eriksen/Tiote/Sneijder/Gaitan/Shaqiri/Huntelaar.

Chelsea is checking out Cahill/Godin/Rodwell/Modric/Gotze/Cavani/Neymar

Can't be bothered to find city/spurs/liverpool's.... but all have credible targets.

Everyone is looking to improve themselves!! I think some cup-tied targets may be forgone this window..

TRANSFERS? It hasn't begun yet

I'll throw my say into things though

Arshavin to Zent - £7m

Chamakh to Bordeaux - £5m

Squillaci to Wherever - FREE

Diaby to Wherever - £1m

I'd keep Rosicky, sure he isn't what he used to be, but great squad player, that is why I'm annoyed we got rid of Eboue, sure he made the most stupidest mistake in the world last season against Liverpool in the 108th Minute but we wouldn't be playing 4 CB's across the backline and besides that he was alright.

RVP's Deal

135k a Week - Destroy our Wage Structure.

Five Players Arsenal Should Sell and Five Players Arsene Wenger Should Buy to Replace Them

source: caughtoffside

OUT: ARSHAVIN (10M)

IN: HAZARD (40M)

NET: -30M

OUT: CHAMAKH (10M)

IN: MOUSSA SOW (15M)

NET: -5M

OUT: SQUID (0.0001M)

IN: VERTONGHEN (10M)

NET: -10M

OUT: DIABY (5M)

IN: M'VILA (20M)

NET: -15M

OUT: ROSICKY (2M)

IN: GRANERO (10M)

NET: -8M

-----------------------------------------

damn... almost everyone know what to do to make Arsenal strong again.

We have a chance coming this Jan' date=' the window is opening again!!! Let's see how stubborn Wenger and the scheming board acts! :mad:

[u']Most recent hits:

[/u]

Man Utd is checking out Benatia/Eriksen/Tiote/Sneijder/Gaitan/Shaqiri/Huntelaar.

Chelsea is checking out Cahill/Godin/Rodwell/Modric/Gotze/Cavani/Neymar

Can't be bothered to find city/spurs/liverpool's.... but all have credible targets.

Everyone is looking to improve themselves!! I think some cup-tied targets may be forgone this window..

Who'd pay 10m for Chamakh :eek:.

TRANSFERS? It hasn't begun yet

I'll throw my say into things though

Arshavin to Zent - £7m

Chamakh to Bordeaux - £5m

Squillaci to Wherever - FREE

Diaby to Wherever - £1m

I'd keep Rosicky' date=' sure he isn't what he used to be, but great squad player, that is why I'm annoyed we got rid of Eboue, sure he made the most stupidest mistake in the world last season against Liverpool in the 108th Minute but we wouldn't be playing 4 CB's across the backline and besides that he was alright.[/center']

Oh good old Eboue, I still miss him, I'd keep Rosicky too because some times he can come on and improve the game also I'd like to see Arshavin sold for atleast 10m seeming we spent so much on him.

Who'd pay 10m for Chamakh :eek:.

Oh good old Eboue' date=' I still miss him, I'd keep Rosicky too because some times he can come on and improve the game also I'd like to see Arshavin sold for atleast 10m seeming we spent so much on him.[/quote']

PSG were linked with a 10 million bid recently. Another club with lots of money and no brain cells.

With regards to January, i'd hope for something like this:

Out: Squillaci Free

Chamakh 1p

Rosicky 2 million

Park 2 million (Not going to make the grade. Build bridges with Lille and sell to them for less than we paid for him.)

Walcott 10 million (he's seriously hacking me off now. Shocking attitude, shocking player, Chamberlain is stronger and more direct, use him instead.)

Arshavin 8 million

Fabianski 5 million

IN: Goetze (need someone to bench Ramsey. Not as unlikely as some think, he was very impressed with Arsenal as a club when he came to the Emirates with Dortmund) 30 million

Podolski: Versatile and German. 15 million

Bent: Goalscorer. 15 million and throw in Chamakh. Alex Mcleish hasn't a clue.

A winger like Arjen Robben who doesn't get injured.

Steady eddie RB/LB

Thomas Sorensen as Number 2 if Flappy goes.

I'd take 3 in/3 out in January, and the rest in the summer.

PSG were linked with a 10 million bid recently. Another club with lots of money and no brain cells.

With regards to January' date=' i'd hope for something like this:

Chamakh 1p

Rosicky 2 million

Park 2 million (Not going to make the grade. Build bridges with Lille and sell to them for less than we paid for him.)

Walcott 10 million (he's seriously hacking me off now. Shocking attitude, shocking player, Chamberlain is stronger and more direct, use him instead.)

Arshavin 8 million

Fabianski 5 million

IN: Goetze (need someone to bench Ramsey. Not as unlikely as some think, he was very impressed with Arsenal as a club when he came to the Emirates with Dortmund) 30 million

Steady eddie RB/LB

I'd take 3 in/3 out in January, and the rest in the summer.[/quote']

Very true also has everyone forgot Almunia the guy who we been complaining about before for the last few years!

I don't know why PSG would spend 10 m on him but nvm also Bent wouldn't be such a bad buy. Him Podolski and RVP would make an epic attack force.

Gotze is unlikely to come with Wenger not willing to overspend but we do need a midfielder who can give us some creative spark.

Very true also has everyone forgot Almunia the guy who we been complaining about before for the last few years!

I don't know why PSG would spend 10 m on him but nvm also Bent wouldn't be such a bad buy. Him Podolski and RVP would make an epic attack force.

Gotze is unlikely to come with Wenger not willing to overspend but we do need a midfielder who can give us some creative spark.

If you look at the interviews where Wenger has been asked about Goetze, he's smiled in a sneaky sort of way and kept his cards close to his chest. The player himself has already stated his desire to play for us or Barcelona and i'm sure he knows that a move to Spain would be career suicide. And Wenger knows he has to sign a marquee player or two to keep RVP and the fans happy. My hunch is that this deal will happen.

If you look at the interviews where Wenger has been asked about Goetze' date=' he's smiled in a sneaky sort of way and kept his cards close to his chest. The player himself has already stated his desire to play for us or Barcelona and i'm sure he knows that a move to Spain would be career suicide. And Wenger knows he has to sign a marquee player or two to keep RVP and the fans happy. My hunch is that this deal will happen.[/quote']

yup i saw you hunching there.

until he wears the jersey and play a game, wenger is still the same wenger for the last decade.

Chamakh 1p

Rosicky 2 million

Arshavin 8 million

Fabianski 5 million

Steady eddie RB/LB

I'd take 3 in/3 out in January, and the rest in the summer.[/quote']

It seems like everyone knows what's wrong with Arsenal apart from Wenger ! If we get rid of all the ones stated above ^^ and we bring in the German Duo , I'd be the happiest man ever ! With a midfield trio made out of Goetze , Wilshere and Song with be sensational ! We should play Gervinho in behind Podolski and Rvp , and drop Theo on the bench ! We are all allowed to dream , but you took it too far hoping for Robben ! I'm sure that if we do get Podolski he won't be happy on the bench ! With a team as fallows , I see us doing very well :

Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Santos ( We need a LB )

Wilshere - Song - Goetze

Gervinho

Podolski - Van Persie

It seems like everyone knows what's wrong with Arsenal apart from Wenger ! If we get rid of all the ones stated above ^^ and we bring in the German Duo ' date=' I'd be the happiest man ever ! With a midfield trio made out of Goetze , Wilshere and Song with be sensational ! We should play Gervinho in behind Podolski and Rvp , and drop Theo on the bench ! We are all allowed to dream , but you took it too far hoping for Robben ! I'm sure that if we do get Podolski he won't be happy on the bench ! With a team as fallows , I see us doing very well :

[center']Szczesny

Wilshere - Song - Goetze

Gervinho

Podolski - Van Persie[/center]

Dont think Gervinho will like AM though. Gotze would be better there but Im thinking if he comes in then I wouldnt mind the below formation

Szczesny

Gotze - Wilshere - Song - Gervinho

Podolski - Van Persie

With Gotze and Gervinho advancing up the field whenever.

Guest Hazard103

Dont think Gervinho will like AM though. Gotze would be better there but Im thinking if he comes in then I wouldnt mind the below formation

Szczesny

Gotze - Wilshere - Song - Gervinho

Podolski - Van Persie

With Gotze and Gervinho advancing up the field whenever.

But then what will happen to Wallcott..

But then what will happen to Wallcott..

You say that like he is amazing for us or something. He has improved but he still isnt very good. He'll be rotated. If we do bring in Gotze and Podolski' date=' it will probably be him, Ramsey and Arteta being rested if we play two upfront. Thats the reality of it. We dont even need two strikers to play Podolski, he can play on the wing too.[/b']

Guest Hazard103

You say that like he is amazing for us or something. He has improved but he still isnt very good. He'll be rotated. If we do bring in Gotze and Podolski' date=' it will probably be him, Ramsey and Arteta being rested if we play two upfront. Thats the reality of it.[/b']

Yes but we will need him if Gervinho goes to the African Cup. Also iits look as if Maroune Chamakh and Arshavin will be leaving so we might get Cavni and Podolski. http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-rumours-arshavin-and-chamakh-out-cavani-or-podolski-in/11909

Yes but we will need him if Gervinho goes to the African Cup. Also iits look as if Maroune Chamakh and Arshavin will be leaving so we might get Cavni and Podolski. http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-rumours-arshavin-and-chamakh-out-cavani-or-podolski-in/11909

Thats good at least Walcott might not be sitting on the bench too much then. Doubt we will be able to land Cavani' date=' especially if we want to get Gotze. Cavani will be too much[/b'].

Doubt Wenger will ditch the 433 for 442.

Weve used 4-4-2 before in the carling cup against man city and we didnt quite well. Also we dont even need to ditch 4-3-3 to play Podolski. He can play LW.

Weve used 4-4-2 before in the carling cup against man city and we didnt quite well. Also we dont even need to ditch 4-3-3 to play Podolski. He can play LW.

Yeah, but I think that is more an experiment to see if two underperforming strikers can form an effective one (and the answer was no).

Don't really know; hopefully that would be an option. Haven't seen what suitibility he has as a winger (crosses, pace etc). I still think he'll be played as target man

Chamakh 1p

Rosicky 2 million

[b'] Walcott 10 million (he's seriously hacking me off now. Shocking attitude, shocking player, Chamberlain is stronger and more direct, use him instead.)[/b] Arshavin 8 million

Fabianski 5 million

Steady eddie RB/LB

I'd take 3 in/3 out in January, and the rest in the summer.

I can't be the only one that rates Walcott... Imo, he's a great impact sub, a great player to use against tiring defenders.

I actually think that Wenger is going to bring in a striker/winger type player in January and I wouldn't be surprised if you do move for Gotze in the summer, Arsene seems keen.

Would be a shame to see Arteta out of the team aswell. I personally think hes been great for us so far.

He'd be a great player to have on the bench. For too long' date=' we've relied on complete idiots coming on and doing a job. He'd be the perfect player to bring on when we're winning 1-0 to calm things down and keep the ball.

I can't be the only one that rates Walcott... Imo, he's a great impact sub, a great player to use against tiring defenders.

I actually think that Wenger is going to bring in a striker/winger type player in January and I wouldn't be surprised if you do move for Gotze in the summer, Arsene seems keen.

But he's not a sub though, is he?

He'd be a great player to have on the bench. For too long' date=' we've relied on complete idiots coming on and doing a job. He'd be the perfect player to bring on when we're winning 1-0 to calm things down and keep the ball.

[b']But he's not a sub though, is he?[/b]

No but he wouldn't make a bad sub!