Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Am I on my own when I think that Walcott is in our top 4 players this season? I'd put RVP (who else?!) top, with Song 2nd, Vermaelen 3rd and Walcott 4th, so far. Walcott has actually done well for me so far. He has had a good season and if it wasn't for his great 2nd half against Udinese, we could well be in the Europa League.

Am I on my own when I think that Walcott is in our top 4 players this season? I'd put RVP (who else?!) top' date=' with Song 2nd, Vermaelen 3rd and Walcott 4th, so far. Walcott has actually done well for me so far. He has had a good season and if it wasn't for his great 2nd half against Udinese, we could well be in the Europa League.[/quote']

Don't you value Szczesny over Theo Walcott?

The ones in bold aren't even close and saying Vorm is just being biast.

Krul and Given are quite good too but not as good.

The only 2 which are better than Szcesesny is Hart and Reina.

I'm saying Vorm, because in my opinion Vorm at this moment in time is a far better goalkeeper than Szscesny.

Michel Vorm has won the Swans a lot more points this season than Szscesny has won Arsenal - fact :P

I'm saying Vorm' date=' because in my opinion Vorm at this moment in time is a far better goalkeeper than Szscesny.

Michel Vorm has won the Swans a lot more points this season than Szscesny has won Arsenal - fact :P[/quote']

And Krul for that matter.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any news of Damián Martínez? Hopefully Wenger will allow him some first team action on his twentieth birthday. Would much rather have this guy in front of Vito, Fabianski and Almunia on the bench. The thought of Szcesny getting injured and leaving our goal to Almunia is...terrifying.

schwarzer, better keeper than szcesny still as well. sczesny in 2 years will be incredible he is coming in leasp and bounds but im loath to get on the best player ever bandwagon so early. schwarzer with Fullham has one of the very best defensive records in the EPl in the last 5 years and probably the single best outside the usual CL suspects. not to mention being the hero for Australias world cup qualification in 06

But then what will happen to Wallcott..

Arsenal will not have 100% of their best XI available anyway don't worry.... injuries is our forte.

Just curious, players won't be able to play in european cup games if they're signed in Jan right (e.g. Gotze, Eriksen etc.)? I remember Gotze saying he'll honour his contract until the end or something like that few weeks ago. So it'll be a lot to ask for Wenger to surprise us, more like shock if it is with Wayne Bridge lol.

He is good ' date=' but he is no where near Vermaelen's class :)

Vermaelen , Koscielny , Szczesny , Rvp , Sagna and Wilshere are all instrumental players for us..[/quote']

Second Best to Vermaelen.

C'MON RVP 4 MORE NEEDED.

SURELY GET 1 TO MATCH HENRY TONIGHT SON!

Both wrong. Koscielny is better then Vermaelen.

He's more vocal then Koscielny but he also makes a lot more mistakes then Koscielny. You don't really notice that as Kos normally bails him out.

First thing I disagree with you on .. I'm a massive fan of Koscienly .. before you came back on the forum , people were saying that we should play Merte and Vermalen and drop Kos on the bench , bunch of Idiots .. I'm a massive fan of Kos , but there are still things he needs to learn to even reach Vermaelen's value .. I personally think Vermaelen is in top 3 PL Center backs ..

First thing I disagree with you on .. I'm a massive fan of Koscienly .. before you came back on the forum ' date=' people were saying that we should play Merte and Vermalen and drop Kos on the bench , bunch of Idiots .. I'm a massive fan of Kos , but [b']there are still things he needs to learn to even reach Vermaelen's value [/b].. I personally think Vermaelen is in top 3 PL Center backs ..

Such as? The one thing i'd definitely give Verms the edge over is that he seems more comfortable at full back then Kos. But i'd go as far as to say, Koscielny is currently the best defender (not just cb) in the Premier League. His improvement this year has been remarkable. Hopefully the same will happen to Mertesacker, and i'm sure it will. Vermaelen is still an excellent centre back though. Better comparing these two then a couple of years ago, when it would have been Silvestre and Campbell "shudders"

Such as? The one thing i'd definitely give Verms the edge over is that he seems more comfortable at full back then Kos. But i'd go as far as to say' date=' Koscielny is currently the best defender (not just cb) in the Premier League. His improvement this year has been remarkable. Hopefully the same will happen to Mertesacker, and i'm sure it will. Vermaelen is still an excellent centre back though. Better comparing these two then a couple of years ago, when it would have been Silvestre and Campbell "shudders"[/quote']

Kos doesn't have half the experience Verms has . Vermaelen is much , much better at heading the ball and much better going forward , even better than some of our attackers , *cough*Theo*cough* . Plus Vermaelen has that assurance on his shoulders , dunno how to describe it , he is so sure on himself that it gives the team some kind of possitive attitude , I'd much prefere him as our Captain than Rvp.. As for Kos , I see a lot of improvements since his Arrival , he has to be the most improved Arsenal player this year , I must say , another one of Wenger's great signings .. I see an improvement in Santos as well , not so sure about Merte , hopefully he improves as well ! I don't see Koscielny as the top defender in the premier league ! But I must say , some Arsenal fans cannot see how much Kos means to Arsenal , great player ! This may sound pathetic , but I very much like Wilshere , Kos , Vermaelen and Szczesny more than RVP , even though he's our best player !

Kos doesn't have half the experience Verms has . Vermaelen is much ' date=' much better at heading the ball and much better going forward , even better than some of our attackers , *cough*Theo*cough* . Plus Vermaelen has that assurance on his shoulders , dunno how to describe it , he is so sure on himself that it gives the team some kind of possitive attitude , I'd much prefere him as our Captain than Rvp.. As for Kos , I see a lot of improvements since his Arrival , he has to be the most improved Arsenal player this year , I must say , another one of Wenger's great signings .. I see an improvement in Santos as well , not so sure about Merte , hopefully he improves as well ! I don't see Koscielny as the top defender in the premier league ! But I must say , some Arsenal fans cannot see how much Kos means to Arsenal , great player ! This may sound pathetic , but I very much like Wilshere , Kos , Vermaelen and Szczesny more than RVP , even though he's our best player ![/quote']

I find the first bit of your post a bit odd, to be honest. Koscielny is brilliant in the air and is every bit as cool as Vermaelen. Vermaelen is better going forward but really, that's only a bonus. A defender's job is to defend. As for the captaincy part, i don't see where your coming from. Van Persie's been a revelation as skipper.

I can understand why you like those players, i do too, but Van Persie's dragged us by the hair kicking and screaming throughout 2011. The bloke's unbelievable.

That reminds me of something funny. Anyone remember someone on here , who shall remain nameless for his sake, earlier this year saying that he'd rather have Carlos Tevez over Robin Van Persie?

That reminds me of something funny. Anyone remember someone on here ' date=' who shall remain nameless for his sake, earlier this year saying that he'd rather have Carlos Tevez over Robin Van Persie?[/quote']

If your talking objectively about their abilities its perfectly reasonable to prefer Tevez... just as much as it is reasonable to prefer RVP.

Just cus Tevez is a nut case doesnt mean he is / isnt as good or better than RVP.